Kickass Gas - new brand of green gas

GuzziHero

Commercial post, with thanks to Marlowe.

------------------------------------------------

Thanks to a collaboration between Unreal Airsoft and Future Developments (a company owned by a veteran of the lubricants, oils and aerosol industry), we are very proud to announce the introduction of a new brand of green gas.

Kickass Gas, which will be sold only through selected outlets (Unreal Airsoft being one), is being produced right here in the UK. It has been playtested by skirmishers and has received a two thumbs up rating by all.

It comes in 750ml cans with a long fill nozzle and unlike some other manufacturers, FD ensures that you get exactly what it says on the tin. FD's extensive experience of chemical containerisation means that the cans are fully EEC regulation compliant, as you'd expect, and they have passed the required high temperature pressure tests with ease. And all this for just £7.50 per can (plus postage). Thats only 1 penny per ml!

I personally wouldnt put my name to something that was tat, but here is my experience: I took my brand new Marushin Five-seveN 6mm to the game on Sunday just gone. I put 134a in. It fired 12-14 of the 18 BBs, then vented because it was too cold. With Kickass Gas, it not only emptied the mag on a reasonably fast fire rate, but I loaded in 12 more BBs and it fired them too. This was at about 5 degrees C.

Currently I believe, Unreal is the only outlet with Kickass Gas currently available for sale. Pick it up on the eBay shop here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D1&_rdc=1

All I can say is, try it for yourselves :)

Edit: forgot to say...we will be chrono testing this vs other types of green gas this Sunday. Results will be posted when I get them.

---

Please note: Do not contact Future Developments directly to purchase this gas. They have selected their chosen suppliers and will NOT deal directly to the public.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to see what happens with this kickass gas. I am an avid user of GBBs, and honestly propane is not doing it for me.

I have been using redgas, but the cool down is pretty bad. I've got my KWA 1911DS working well in 25 degree weather. Now with that gas system and this gas, I think we've found a way to make GBB's mainstream.

As this is in news rather than a private retail section, It would appear there's at least one other seller out there, or at least on ebay and competitively priced too. Brand new seller though and this is their first listing (and currently only), so looks like someone doing it specificaly to swll gas... but with no feedback the usual risks apply. *shrug*

I'm assuming the ebay thread you link to is yours Guzzi, I was wondering why it quotes two different prices for shipping, is the £5.99 for bulk deals?

One of our players has a gas MP5K...I'll ask him to fire some through :)

The Tanaka...I would think so :) Although as I believe that this is green gas (HFC-22), I'd expect it to perform the same/similar to green gas.

Although Future Developments are not directly supplying this to the public, they are looking for overseas marketing opportunities.

---

Edit:

There will be another outlet (a regular airsoft store but I can't name them till they list it, really). We are just lucky that the manufacturers owner comes from the same city as Unreal Airsoft.

Well if you believe that it is just green gas then it's just liquefied petroleum gas with a silcone lubricant added. As HFC-22 refrigerant gas does not exsist, but HCFC-22 does (which depletes the ozone layer so we would not be able to use it as a propellant). So what exactly is any green gas that is classified as HFC-22..... I have a material safety data sheet in front of me from a green gas manufacturer. Its states its ingrediants as 95-100% liquefied petroleum gas and 1-5% trade secret lubricant. Now LPG's for propellants can be primarily propane, primarily butane, or a blend of the two. The most common blend is 60% propane 40% butane. This blend can be adjusted for the temperature range it will be used in... more propane for winter, more butane for summer. What this tells me is this new gas may just have more propane in the mix. You say Future Developments does not deal directly with the public for sales, but being the manufacturer of the gas they should be able to provide a material safety data sheet of their product, and are required to do so by law if they try to market it in the USA.

Will it out perform straight propane.... I doubt it knowing the composition of green gas (the so called HFC-22). Straight propane would have a higher pressure and expansion then a blend of propane/butane. Hence the reason for adjusting the blend for temperature ranges. But thats going on the assumption that it uses the typical blend of LPG's. A material safety data sheet will give me all the information to give a more exact answer. So I may contact them for the MSDS.

As for red gas... never really researched into it. Possibly it is just straight propane or some other gas. As a few retailers that list in on there webpages, one has a bottle that states green gas right on the label. So like I said it may be just straight propane. If anyone has a name and contact information for a manufacturer let me know and I'll try to obtain a MSDS.

The correct designation being R22.

Ben.

You are correct that R22 is one designation but it is also listed as HCFC 22, Genetron 22, and Freon 22. But enough about that.

Now if Kickass Gas is 98% propane and 2% silicone oil that would explain the better performance over other brands of green gas, as they will be a blend of Propane and Butane, in various percentages. So it should perform on par with propane using a propane adapter. The only advantage will be the premixed lube. What it will boil down to is cost. If it still costs the same as other brands of green gas. Then I will stick to my propane adapter and the extra step of adding silicone oil.

No not interested in being a distributor, but I do know some people that might. I'm interested in the technical side of things ever since the whole green gas is propane debates, etc.

If it does give better performance than the currently available gas in the US, it will be welcomed. One question, do you know if it has a US department of transportation approved container? That will be a deciding factor on if it will be available in the US.

Am I correct in assuming that commercially canned propane in the UK is about 6 GPB? I can see the attraction then.

Some places do propane for £5 - £6 a can but they are uncommon, our regular hardware/DIY stores tend to sell it at about £8 - £10 a can though which actually works out about the same as this gas anyway as with the commercial cans you do get 1000ml generally. As fireman says though, the pre-mixed lube is an added bonus with this gas.

Believe me, this nozzle is longer than my...well, thats not hard really :P

It'll reach Five-seveN and M11 mag valves easily :)

I like the look but in terms of the nozzle i always found m11 mag valves to be easily reached as they are right at the bottom of the mag pretty much flush with it, and my friend said 5/7 is also easily reached. In terms of long, can it reach a Wa magazine valve that is buried deep inside a magazine bumper? that would be a test of lengh as normal gas cans can't reach these and this would be a true test of manlyness!

Archived