Ares G36 Dual Optic at RSOV

LordElpus

Agreed. Honestly, you must really like the looks of this optic, because they are good for nothing, both the RD and, especially, the scope.

I am curious how hard it would be to gut the internals out and replace the optic with the one out of the ACM 3x optic rail and the red dot with the innards of the mini dot sight.

I had one of these (the STAR version) a few years back - useless to say the least - the eye relief on both scopes made their use with eye protection damned near impossible... Avoid (as stated above) unless it's for cosmetic purposes only. That said, it's my understanding that the real steele has the same problem...

I am curious how hard it would be to gut the internals out and replace the optic with the one out of the ACM 3x optic rail and the red dot with the innards of the mini dot sight.

The scope, maybe. The RD... very complicated?

The worst part about this optic is that you cant use neither of the 2 optics. If any other gun has *suitcasey* iron sights, you can always slap on a RD. If your ACOG has crappy eye relief you can still aim with the top BUIS and use the magnification to spot enemies, but this G36 system leaves you with two useless optics.

This fills me with unhappiness, since I want a dual optic scope for my G36. I find it hard to believe that H&K would put a bad set of optics on their otherwise wonderful gun (it's less surprising to know that a replica of said optic would be bad) but it doesn't make me feel good to know that no-one has a good word to say about the sights I want for my AEG. :(

Yeah, too much for my pockets too, unless it really was the be-all end-all of weapon optics, which it isn't.

The STAR replica would be great if the red dot didn't provide so much suction. The scope isn't that important to me as it has limited use in airsoft, but a good red dot would be appreciated.

It's lucky for us flecktarded-airsofters that the german army didn't like these and went for a railed-scope instead on the G36A2, and even better that they seem to like putting EOTech's on top of these :)

I find it hard to believe that H&K would put a bad set of optics on their otherwise wonderful gun

Well, back in the 90's when the G36 was new, the scope/red dot combo was probably amazing, but these days there are much better optics available for much less.

Don't know if they still are or not. I was never realy a fan of the SRC line. I used to manage a store and when they first put out their V3 gearbox guns we had a couple G36 with the duel optics in the hardcases for about $320 or so. I think I remember briefly seeing them on Gunnerairsoft.com a year or so ago, but I'm not sure. Like I said, they where not the best, but at least you could see threw them as opposed to the STAR and G&G ones where they used horrid uneven glas that you couldn't even see clearly out of.

Having received my MG36 with dual-optic rail the other day, I found - as anticipated - that the scope was utterly useless. It gives a blurry image, the markings are unreadable and the eye relief is poor. The red dot works little better, the dot is too bright, with no adjustment, and is unfocussed, more a shapeless blob than a nice accurate dot to show what you're aiming at.

So I went back to the G&P G36E scoped rail and will get a the G36A2-style rail with RIS and scope when I get chance...

Yes. Although the K has a slightly (and I mean, *REALLY* slightly) longer stock as well the longer barrel and foregrip.

The G36 is very modular in construction, and can be altered in configuration in only a few minutes. It's almost as easy as the Steyr AUG - just a couple of screws to undo after taking the foregrip off and the whole barrel section slides out of the front and you can put another barrel section in. The stock can be swapped over quite quickly also, and the gearbox/pistol grip can be quickly replaced with another one (say a 450fps, semi-only one?) with the removal of a couple of pins.

I just got a G36, and I honestly wish I'd got one earlier. At the moment, I have it in MG36 mode, but it can swap to G36K mode in about 5 minutes max. :)

Archived