Ares TAR 21

Gunfighters808

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have wanted a MTAR-21 since I got into airsoft. Here's hoping the Chinese get their fingers on this and make an affordable clone.

EDIT:

Just got done watching the video... Jumping Jesus on a po-go stick! That is gorgeous, they even incorporated both the built in RD and laser.

I know someone who will be none too pleased about this.

Looks good though... for a bullpup.

you mean TSI?

well I guess the price is high maybe because of the reddot sight with built in laser. If it's close to the real thing, 850 USD is a bargain.

if the reddot is actually poorly made, then, yes it's too expensive.

We all know that superb electronic sights easily cost 300-500 USD, and those aren't the most expensive ones.

Still need more info.

Performance?

type of battery used?

which magazines will it take? (obviously stanag, but then again,not every stanag is the same in airsoft)

EDIT; here's the thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=157797

ARES is made in Japan, right? Japanese red dots for real steel are great, but not worth $400+ great. Battle proven brands such as Trijicon, Aimpoint, and so on can charge arm and leg for their tactical dots because 1. They are mil spec 2. Battle proven and adopted, 3. every grunt and civi wants one. ARES, a unproven, CLONE optic/ AEG company, can never charge that much for a CLONE dot and justify it.

The most expensive red dot or rifle scope for real guns made in Japan are around $100-$300 range.

ARES is made in Japan, right? Japanese red dots for real steel are great, but not worth $400+ great. Battle proven brands such as Trijicon, Aimpoint, and so on can charge arm and leg for their tactical dots because 1. They are mil spec 2. Battle proven and adopted, 3. every grunt and civi wants one. ARES, a unproven, CLONE optic/ AEG company, can never charge that much for a CLONE dot and justify it.

The most expensive red dot or rifle scope for real guns made in Japan are around $100-$300 range.

Uhm, I believe Ares is made in Taiwan, not sure though... :unsure:

yeah, ARES is Taiwan.

as far as TSI being angry at ARES, they are fully aware that ARES is developing this gun, but TSI is going to be much different. TSI is doing to the Tavor what RS did to the type 97 and 56.

TSI also promised to sell theirs at 500.

Well, it's about *fruitcage*ing time! :D

But... $800? Forget that! For $400 I'd definitely spring for one, for $500 I'd have to think about it, but $800 is right out the window.

Here's hoping UFC's price is just way marked up since they're the first person to get these in stock and the currency is in Yen.

On the upside, based on the video it seems the red dot optic is much better than previous Ares offerings. Only time and personal experience will tell if this is true or not, but it certainly looks a lot better quality than the G36 dual optic or the Zeiss Z-Point replica they put out a while back.

Just to confirm some information

ARES is not made in Taiwan it is made in Hong Kong

ARES USA has had the prototype TAR21 inc MARS sight in since mid Jan. We where displaying it at the Shot Show.

The fps on this rifle is 330-350. This rifle is not yet scheduled for a release in the USA. There are still some things that have to be tied up in regards to this weapon. I can confirm that once these issues have been resolved the MAP on this rifle is approx $500 inc scope and warranty if purchased through an ARES USA authorized dealer.

Archived