TSI Tavor Update

rws591

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish Guy was a master joker and I would get a package at the end of the week. :P

I am quite interested in seeing what everyone does with their Tavors when we all get them. The Ares review thread has some interesting setups. I notice one of the RS Tavors in one of the pictures has a vert. foregrip. Who woulda thought?

I'd love to pre-order one, but I'd really like to have an externally-fed (don't mind rigs -- already have one for some BV guns) GBB rifle. So until I know the details of the GBB mech, I'm going to have to hold off. :(

My dream gun is a GBB Tavor with externally fed gas and working bolt catch (PTW mags or new TM M4 mags could aid in this). Ohhhh man, what a skirmish piece that kinda gun could be. :wub:

Please make it happen, TSI! :D

I'd love to pre-order one, but I'd really like to have an externally-fed (don't mind rigs -- already have one for some BV guns) GBB rifle. So until I know the details of the GBB mech, I'm going to have to hold off. :(

My dream gun is a GBB Tavor with externally fed gas and working bolt catch (PTW mags or new TM M4 mags could aid in this). Ohhhh man, what a skirmish piece that kinda gun could be. :wub:

Please make it happen, TSI! :D

Why would you want a state of the art assault rifle with tube attached to gas bottle that you have to carry around when you can have a self-contained CO2 mag?

I don't get it. Does the gas bottle and tube unnaturally stuck to the rifle look cool?

Maybe not the right place to put this - but wouldn't it be possible to design a "Magazine" that allows for an external Rig?

It would be like a regular M4 GBB Magazine. At the Bottom it has a connector for the Hose. The BB Supply could come from a smaller insert, similar to the AEP Magazines.

This way, the Gas-in-Mag and the external Supply (which has advantages) could coexist...

Why would you want a state of the art assault rifle with tube attached to gas bottle that you have to carry around when you can have a self-contained CO2 mag?

I don't get it. Does the gas bottle and tube unnaturally stuck to the rifle look cool?

Consistency, my friend. As well as adjustability. I don't mind the hose or small tank. I have a coiled one attached to a PPS regulator and it never gets in the way and never goes taught, since the coiled format stretches pretty far.

No, its just alot better then a gas in mag design.

Thank you! :D

Maybe not the right place to put this - but wouldn't it be possible to design a "Magazine" that allows for an external Rig?

It would be like a regular M4 GBB Magazine. At the Bottom it has a connector for the Hose. The BB Supply could come from a smaller insert, similar to the AEP Magazines.

This way, the Gas-in-Mag and the external Supply (which has advantages) could coexist...

Either way, you'd have a hose running to the gun. It's better to just use the mag's internal real estate for more BBs. You can already do this fairly easily to the GBB mags. In fact, in some of the YouTube videos of these GiM GBBr's, the tester has a hose running to the mag from an external source so that he can fire past ~50 shots to demonstrate the gun. Thing is, is it worth it for a mag with only 30-60 rounds? Not really.

Consistency, my friend. As well as adjustability. I don't mind the hose or small tank. I have a coiled one attached to a PPS regulator and it never gets in the way and never goes taught, since the coiled format stretches pretty far.

Thank you! :D

Either way, you'd have a hose running to the gun. It's better to just use the mag's internal real estate for more BBs. You can already do this fairly easily to the GBB mags. In fact, in some of the YouTube videos of these GiM GBBr's, the tester has a hose running to the mag from an external source so that he can fire past ~50 shots to demonstrate the gun. Thing is, is it worth it for a mag with only 30-60 rounds? Not really.

That's what i thought. With a 30 or 50 round self-contained GBB mag why would you want an antiquated gas bottle and tube attached?

Please Please Please Please TSI Armouries- follow WE's example and produce a self contained CO2 mag and keep it as close to real as possible. WE's Propane amd CO2 Mag works extremely well proving that the technology has evolved and moved forward!

because you can then buy ANY STANAG AEG magazine you want, not just gas mags that cost >$50 apiece.

Not to mention the fact that GIM has power issues, depending on the external system I can set the power to the legal velocity of the field. I also don't have to deal with cool down, leaky mags, or carrying a propane bottle or dingly co2 capsals to refill my $40 mag that dosen't even work properly.

Our antiquated system has proven itself to be effective for over two decades, some people won't even touch gbb pistols. Not to mention that my antiquated bv rifle outshoots most anything I encounter on the field and it's older than I am (23).

Now when I see a gbb rifle that can come out of the box and shoot well for 20 years then I'll consider external gas antiquated.

So TSI if your R&D dept. Has brains in their skulls they will make the tavor externally powered.

Not to mention the fact that GIM has power issues, depending on the external system I can set the power to the legal velocity of the field. I also don't have to deal with cool down, leaky mags, or carrying a propane bottle or dingly co2 capsals to refill my $40 mag that dosen't even work properly.

Our antiquated system has proven itself to be effective for over two decades, some people won't even touch gbb pistols. Not to mention that my antiquated bv rifle outshoots most anything I encounter on the field and it's older than I am (23).

Now when I see a gbb rifle that can come out of the box and shoot well for 20 years then I'll consider external gas antiquated.

So TSI if your R&D dept. Has brains in their skulls they will make the tavor externally powered.

TSI will probably first and foremost look at it from a sales stand point. How many gas in mag systems vs. external rig systems they'd be able to sell. That's factoring the high popularity of gas in mag rifles nowadays (WE, WA, GHK) plus the potential for law enforcement and military training sales (which, let's all admit, are very unlikely to be accepting of an external system). The external rig BV style system, while a simpler and more reliable system, is more popular amongst the niche classic airsoft crowd. Just looking at it from just a numbers standpoint, which gas system do you think they'd sell more of? Because from a business point of view, it just makes sense to R&D and sell the system that'll see better sales.

Even though the choice might seem to be obvious from where you're sitting, they may have different priorities. You can't make everyone happy, but if you can make the majority happy, then your sales will hopefully reflect that. So the question is, are the classic airsofters the majority or the minority when it comes to potential buyers of a drop in gas system for their Tavor? My gut says minority. Which probably means their R&D dept. are using their brains in their skulls for the system that'll sell more units. Kinda makes sense doesn't it? :)

How about me shooting it last weekend instead?

For those who wonder about the gun/human proportions, I am a very compact 5'8"

holy ###### that thing is huge, you need like an NBA player to make it look proportional...(or are my eyes tricking me?)

(user is 5' 9")

Archived