Socom Gear M107 available for Pre Order

L85FREAK

AEG?! Pah.

It needs to be 8mm, fire a CO2 bulb with every shot and then eject the bulb like a spent case.

That would be awesome. Even more so if you direct 2% of the gas forward for propulsion, and the rest back for massive blowback.

Been awhile guys, I've been out for long.

Anyways right now the AEG market is still widely used, but wait for a bit as the Barret series will bring out much more exciting versions. This is just the first limited run so afterwards things will be different for sure.

Then again regarding young teens playing COD4 buying Barrets, that has happened before COD4 came out, but if there are clones of the Barret then yes, that's going to happen, but all that weight and size isn't going to make them better players.

I think this is something I will be watching with great interest, I've always been a fan of the barrett rifles but unfortunately with previous variants ive either not had the money or was unaware of them until discontinued.

So when I saw the socom gear M107 advertised I was intrigued but also somewhat suspicious, the first problem for me is that im unfamiliar with the company behind it so I've no idea what their build quality is usually like (some of you may be able to advise me here).

The second possible problem is the price, I feel I should be happy about it but an airsoft barrett costing $750 when all previous models and kits have been around $1200-$1600, but again it makes me wonder what the quality will be like as generally in life you get what you pay for.

For example the Top m60 I bought for approx £500 ($700) was riddled with faults in design and build quality however the Inokatsu m60 i now own cost £1200 ($1600) is by far one of the most awesome peices of kit i've ever laid eyes upon.

So in short i think i shall hold onto my money until there's some sort of review and then if they seem good wait for the m82a1 which they're also allegedly going to produce.

OH it ok to see they produced barretts but a co2 or even green gas berrett with 8 mm bbs way better think the aeg v2 its not the best thing for snipping an gas with big blowback this was realy cool!

hope other companys makes barretts with gas an bigger bbs

I wouldn't be overly worried about the quality of this gun. Debate the benefits of Electric/Gas or V2/V3 all you want, but I wouldn't knock the quality. SOCOM Gear is MadBull's sister company, and they've only produced fine products in the past. I have their Daniel Defense Lite rail systems and they're fine pieces of kit.

Its more the numbers required to get comparable performance out of 8mm BBs would make people's eyes bulge and say no while flailing arms before looking at the physics involved. That and I don't think 8mm BBs on the market are made to the same quality as currently used sniper ammo but, airsoft snipers use 6mm .43s, I would like to see the performance of 8mm .43s fired when fired from a hypothetical VSR like platform.

On topic, can't say I care much for this replica but I wouldn't mind the RIS mountable folding carry handle for a project.

This is from MadBull:

(1) Why use ver. 2 gearbox instead of CO2 blowback?

We did a survey in USA. Players are prefer AEG version which they can bring to battle field.

A semi-auto gas version is cool for collection but not good for Airsoft game.

More over, M4 ver.2 gearbox can be upgraded easily. You don't have to worried about the spare parts.

(2) Why $750?

Ok, this price already cheaper than other manufacturers. Plus, we have to pay $50 to Barrett each gun for licensing.

This one is built from scratch. We use the real Barrett dimension to build up this gun. Even the dissemble function is the same as real gun.

You will be surprised about the quality.

(3) Gas version coming too?

We don't know yet. It may be cool for collectors but not cool for Airsoft players.

(4) ETA: April.

Made in Taiwan with 100% Barrett Rifles licensing and blessing!

IT will be also sold on Barrett's website.

Archived