Gun ID

-=OGGY=-

Ok, I am having a hell of a time desiding between the grey and the black EBR stock.

-Sometimes I like the silver because it is most realistic and adds more 'depth to the gun'

-Sometimes I like the black because I want the gun to look more 'normal' and also because I am terrified that the 'navy grey' will be to silver or shiney.

Anyway, I booted up Google to look for some decent picks of the grey one, and I found this:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/hoghug/20070321/p2 (read the rest first before clicking)

Now I can't read japanese, but I can see the G&P appears a few times, and I can see the obvious TM trades in the magwell. But the big surprise is IT HAS SAGE TRADEMARKS!! I have no idea if the guy has a real Mk14 (unlikely) that he switches out for a TM halfway through the shoot, or if it is truely a G&P stock with correct trades. Or maybe he got it engraved?

I am hoping someone can let me know if there was actually a G&P stock with trades put into production, because that would be awesome. A translation of the page would also be awesome (i tried Google traslate but i can never trust it). Also, I anyone has decent pics of their navy grey ebr's that show the true color/finish that would be greatly appreciated.

But that's the thing.....Black G&P's don't have trades, and you would think if the silver one did, shops would advertise it, so I don't know what to think. Hopefully someone with a silver kit can clarify this for us.....

Edit: also, any info is appreciated, this is kind of a holy grail find for me :P

Yeah what i want to know is if the navy grey G&P Mk14 MOD 0 kit has trades, or is the one pictured on that website some top secret special edition, or a custom job.

As I said, if you have G&P navy EBR kit please let me know if it has trades. If you know where to find a G&P navy EBR with trades also let me know. Finally, if you have any info about the actual stock in the picture, please let me know.

Ok, I am having a hell of a time desiding between the grey and the black EBR stock.

-Sometimes I like the silver because it is most realistic ...

Just curious what you mean by "most realistic"?

I used to have a real-steel SAGE EBR built on a Springfield M1A. And it was all black.

The true 'Mk14 MOD 0' is used by the USN and it is grey. The Army also uses the sage stock but to my knowledge that weapon is not a true 'Mk14 MOD 0' because it does not have the shortened barrel. So the black stock can be acurate, but the actual weapon used by the USN is grey with the shortened barrel (it was developed for seals)

EDIT: It is obvious that no one has any info on this, so if I typed up a short message would anyone be willing to translate it into japenese so I can just email the guy?

OK I *kinda* found it.....

The site was called 'gunkorea' and the stock had trademarks....just not the right ones :ranting2:

It says:

EBR CHASIS STOCK

MK14 MOD O

LIMITED EDITION

The one mentioned in the first post says:

EBR CHASIS STOCK

SAGE INTERNATIONAL LTD

Oscoda MI 48750 Patent Pending

So the search continues...............

EDIT: Well at least I decided I want the grey version

Archived