WA Hardballer

BerserkDS

Just drop it into a SCW2 frame, yeah I know, not cheap... but still AWESOME! I don't care how many 1911's WA makes, they make them better than anyone so keep them coming...

What does that mean? SCW2, 3...

I also SAw ' Magna-system ' . Could anyone explain this? :)

Sry for being offtopic , But I didn't want to start a new thread for such a small question.

I dunno.... :unsure:

I've been a WA man for a loooong time- However that was primarily because they were the best visually as well as functionally- They had the best trade marks, a larger production run and more reliable than the Tanakas, and the models and versions that I wanted. But that was in the days before they made metal slides and frames, or before they started making full metal guns right out of the box! Now you can pretty much get any popular handgun in a full metal body with upgradeable parts and they are increasingly well-built as well!

I mean even KSC is pretty much offering full metal in their whole line-

So, with all the complaints I read about the newer fixed-hop models from WA, what the heck are they thinking with $300+ ABS guns?? :(

Maybe they need a bailout...... :rolleyes:

They do need more SVI's. They need to bring back the IED and start making the TiKi just to start.

I'll start looking at other companies' 1911's when they start making them as realistic, as simple and/or as robust as the WA's. So far nothing comes close. $300 is a lot to pay, especially for me because I typically spend about $1k on my 1911's and the only WA parts I keep end up being the plunger w/ plunger tube and spring, firing pin spring, BB chamber, safeties and inner barrel assembly; but it's still the best.

You, sir, are the recipient of my "+1 Internets" award for the day (belated).

Good news for Hitman fans, though...Ones who are quite well-off.

Wow, $323 is a lot, especially from a Hong Kong webshop. WGC TRIES to match HK street prices a lot of the time too. All told, that'll be close to $400 shipped to some places. Wonder what the US shops might carry it for?

Shameless plug for the MGC Hardballer (Western Arms Magna Blowback system) I have for sale:

http://www.collectorairsoft.com/mgc_1911_hball.html

That price for all intents and purposes is outrageous. Why did the price jump 70 dollars, is it the HW slide?

The exchange rate with the yen must have something to do with it... The switch from ABS to heavyweight can't cost that much. Back in the day when airsoft makers used to offer two flavors of the same gun (ABS and Heavyweight editions), the price difference was maybe 2,000 yen.

Or... Western Arms is trying to recoup the losses on guns like the Mini UZI by charging a brickload of cash for a gun everyone has been drooling over.

They do need more SVI's. They need to bring back the IED and start making the TiKi just to start.

I'll start looking at other companies' 1911's when they start making them as realistic, as simple and/or as robust as the WA's. So far nothing comes close. $300 is a lot to pay, especially for me because I typically spend about $1k on my 1911's and the only WA parts I keep end up being the plunger w/ plunger tube and spring, firing pin spring, BB chamber, safeties and inner barrel assembly; but it's still the best.

Agreed on the IED's and the TiKi!

On the second part, Ive owned WA's since the turn of the century- lol and I'd agree completely if not for the TM 1911's

Slainte!

The exchange rate with the yen must have something to do with it.

I'd guess it was that. I was looking at the price of TM AEGs on japanese sites yesterday, a TM MC51 which last summer would have been about £80 in japan now converts out to £180 with the fall in currency! Not sure how HKD has fared against the JPY but it must have dropped a fair bit with all the price increases that are showing, doesn't seem to be a case of the manufacturer/retailer whacking prices up for the fun of it anyway.

I'd guess it was that. I was looking at the price of TM AEGs on japanese sites yesterday, a TM MC51 which last summer would have been about £80 in japan now converts out to £180 with the fall in currency! Not sure how HKD has fared against the JPY but it must have dropped a fair bit with all the price increases that are showing, doesn't seem to be a case of the manufacturer/retailer whacking prices up for the fun of it anyway.

HKD is pegged to the US dollar. Hong Kong has the financial strength to maintain the exchange rate within a a narrow band, typically 7.78 HKD to 1 USD.

What does that mean? SCW2, 3...

I also SAw ' Magna-system ' . Could anyone explain this? :)

Sry for being offtopic , But I didn't want to start a new thread for such a small question.

WA 1911 'recent' chronology in order:

Magna (HW-R), November 1998~October 2003

Rod type firing pin, original Magna blowback, adjustable HOP

SCW1, October 2003~July/September 2004.

Rectangular firing pin with slot (transfer hammer system), redesigned piston and longer blowback chamber, improved adjustable HOP

SCW2, July 2004 (SVI) / September 2004 (single stack)~December 2005

Hook shaped firing pin, redesigned piston and longer blowback chamber, improved adjustable HOP

SCW3, December 2005~ present

Triangular shaped firing pin, redesigned piston and longer blowback chamber, fixed HOP, new design sear, leaf spring and lower disconnector.

Other sub systems:

Magnatech - the cheaper SCW3 line

SCW3/Magna Hybrid: At the time of writing on some SV's, these have SCW3 HOP and the original Magna blowback (for simplicity).

During the Magna blowback years SCW (Shibuya Custom Works) was the internal custom shop doing limited production specials using the Magna system as a whole.

When the new blowback/HOP improvements were first introduced the entire line was then referred to as SCW. Yes it is confusing. More so, because WA's latest adverts shows the Magna blowback logo (SCW being the latest generation of Magna - which is WA's patent design) perhaps giving the impression that they may be using the old(er) Magna system......which of course some (e.g. SCW3/Magna hybrid used on some SV's) of them are! For a pure SCW3, look for 'SCW High-Spec ver.3'

WA 1911 'recent' chronology in order:

Magna (HW-R), November 1998~October 2003

Rod type firing pin, original Magna blowback, adjustable HOP

SCW1, October 2003~July/September 2004.

Rectangular firing pin with slot (transfer hammer system), redesigned piston and longer blowback chamber, improved adjustable HOP

SCW2, July 2004 (SVI) / September 2004 (single stack)~December 2005

Hook shaped firing pin, redesigned piston and longer blowback chamber, improved adjustable HOP

SCW3, December 2005~ present

Triangular shaped firing pin, redesigned piston and longer blowback chamber, fixed HOP, new design sear, leaf spring and lower disconnector.

Other sub systems:

Magnatech - the cheaper SCW3 line

SCW3/Magna Hybrid: At the time of writing on some SV's, these have SCW3 HOP and the original Magna blowback (for simplicity).

During the Magna blowback years SCW (Shibuya Custom Works) was the internal custom shop doing limited production specials using the Magna system as a whole.

When the new blowback/HOP improvements were first introduced the entire line was then referred to as SCW. Yes it is confusing. More so, because WA's latest adverts shows the Magna blowback logo (SCW being the latest generation of Magna - which is WA's patent design) perhaps giving the impression that they may be using the old(er) Magna system......which of course some (e.g. SCW3/Magna hybrid used on some SV's) of them are! For a pure SCW3, look for 'SCW High-Spec ver.3'

Thank you very much ^^.

I am/was looking into making a metal WA based colt..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived