3 New Ares Gas Guns

black shot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it is 8mm i'm going to buy one just so i can *suitcase* on it - before sending it back.

Edit: Thankfully it says 6mm :D

Not a big fan of the 8mm myself, kinda hard to find and are quite costly, but seriously 8mm would be kinda pwnage. Hope it doesn't cost so much.

I wonder if ARES managed to get hold of an old Ashai (sp?) WA2000 and redid it with the gas solenoid system...as far as I understand that was one of the big things about it because it meant near 0fps variance for a GBB...

Every Ares/STAR I had/ have so far, was top notch quality.

It outraged stock CA's is the field and the gearbox runs smoothly.

And yes I actually had/have them, not based upon someone, who knows someone, who is friends with someone, who has one.

Ah well, to each his own I guess. :)

i agree star/ares make probly the best guns in airsoft next to PTW,s and yes ive owend guns from all makers

Well, I can remember a few Star M249 plastic gearboxes, receivers snapping in half, boxmag connectors failing miserably, etc...

yeah, i know. claiming that they are THAT good botheres me too.

their DSR wasnt bad. most of the things that were wrong about it (in the AATV review) were their fault. they used 134a, in cold weather and lost the parts on their own accord. they also wrongfully compairsd the gun to a real steel model. that entire review was full of fail on Scaars account. they gun can be easily remidied because it uses AEG barrels and buckings and can take green gas easily.

Yes!! Finally a gbb barrett. Now an alternative to the ever exclusive hard to find VFC version. Forget Socom's AEG, I'm going this route! Hope their M4 has most the kinks worked out from others, as well as perhaps some compatibility with already available after market parts.

Archived