WE Gas Blow Back - SCAR

Airsoft Buddy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah you do realise the wrap around bolt is what makes the WE M4 reliable and skirmishable? Or so I heard anyway. Whilst the Western Arms GBB M4 has a full replica bolt system which can be finicky, the WE has a wrap around bolt which hides a solid and reliable mechanism to feed BBs.

Also, it would be cool if it uses the same mags as the M4, seeing as the real thing can.

Stu.

Yeah you do realise the wrap around bolt is what makes the WE M4 reliable and skirmishable? Or so I heard anyway. Whilst the Western Arms GBB M4 has a full replica bolt system which can be finicky, the WE has a wrap around bolt which hides a solid and reliable mechanism to feed BBs.

Also, it would be cool if it uses the same mags as the M4, seeing as the real thing can.

Stu.

Agreed. The WEM4's gas system may not lend itself to a 100% replica bolt and carrier such as the WA/G&P/INO, but the design is so simple and functional that it is in my mind the most skirmishable out of the bunch. The saying holds true, "Keep It Simple Stupid".

As far as the SCAR accepting the M4 mags, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this will be the case. For them to retool just to make a slightly different mag would be a very bad business decision. Looking at the prototype pics, it looks like they have reused the trigger assembly and for the most part, the valve assembly. The only thing I see different is the bolt carrier itself.

WETTI, so is it for sure or a possibility that you guys will be developing both light and heavy versions?

It was stated a while back in the M4 thread that both the H and L where being made (obviously a delay for the H as there will need to be some reworking done for the bigger mags)

Even regulated CO2 is gonna be way to high. I went down to AEX San diego and they chrono'ed the WE M4 at 565 FPS with green gas and .20. Yeah, OUCH! :unsure:

Green gas is 100-120 PSI. You would have to have the CO2 get about 60 PSI at the most with a regulator. Have fun with that.

Looks good though. That gun is on my team. :D

Even regulated CO2 is gonna be way to high. I went down to AEX San diego and they chrono'ed the WE M4 at 565 FPS with green gas and .20. Yeah, OUCH! :unsure:

Green gas is 100-120 PSI. You would have to have the CO2 get about 60 PSI at the most with a regulator. Have fun with that.

Looks good though. That gun is on my team. :D

was it a stock WE m4??

Archived