Airsoft Baker Rifle Project finished

FMJ.

Hi guys and girls, I have been skirmishing for over ten years now (since the days of the old blue uk forums) and have always been into modding and cutomisation. Lately I have had no time to devote to airsoft but now i'm back and here is my latest creation.

Some may see it as a little pointless and I admit its not really a skirmish weapon (more of a novelty). But I have made an airsoft replica of the Baker Flintlock muzzle loading Rifle as used by the 95th rifles in the napleonic war (Ala Richard Sharpe).

It is real size and works via parts from a V2 AEG gearbox and TM G3 inner barrel and modified hop-up unit. Other then these parts everything else has been made from scratch from a big chunck of beach wood and numerous bits of steel, brass and ali.

It fires at just short of 380fps with a .2g bb with the current spring and has adjustable hop-up and fixed iron sights. It is pretty accurate and will hit an A4 sized target at 20m with ease.

Just wanted to share it as I am fairly sure it hasn't been done before.

comparison1.jpg

P1171726.jpg

P1171736.jpg

P1171731.jpg

P1171729.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the complements!

The lock moving with each shot was going to be included but it got really fidley behind the lock plate and I thought it would be too unreliable so didn't bother in the end.

I don't have a step by step but will post some pics of the inside in the next few days.

Basically you take a V2 gearbox and cut the top off of it so you end up with just the section with the piston, cylinder and spring guide. You then build a bracket onto the back of this with the trigger and sear which runs under the piston as it comes back. You file all the teeth off of the piston apart from the rear one which you file to 90 degrees rather then the slant it is usually at and it then catches on the sear when it is pushed back by the ramrod.

The art is in keeping it all tight enough to fit into the gun as there isnt much room! I have been making this for months on and off so unfortunately I will be unlikely to make another.

I will be taking it to combat south at some point and see if I can get a kill with it :).

Now all you need is the green jacket.

It looks like you've put alot of thort into getting it to load/cock like a real one would.

Great work :D

Am I right in thinking you've modded it so the air nozzle is attached to the cylinder head and the hop unit is tightly sealed against that?

One thing that looks worrying about the long term performance is the loading rod looks to be metal so does it mark the inside of the barrel?

Now all you need is the green jacket.

It looks like you've put alot of thort into getting it to load/cock like a real one would.

Great work :D

Am I right in thinking you've modded it so the air nozzle is attached to the cylinder head and the hop unit is tightly sealed against that?

One thing that looks worrying about the long term performance is the loading rod looks to be metal so does it mark the inside of the barrel?

The air nozzle is tightly fitted right into the hop up unit with ptfe and then the hop-up unit simply fitted tightly against the gearbox as in an aeg. The feed tube is filed off and sealed off.

The ram rod is 4mm steel rod and is filed and sanded until dead smooth and round at the end so as not to scratch the inside of the barrel. Maybe over 1000's of shots it will but it would take a while.

sir i bow down in awe at your sheer awesomeness.. one thing though i think it may be a bit hot for CSW.. i think they have a 330 fps limit?

Cheers for the feedback guys it makes it worth the time doing it! If I could knock up a few 1000 I would but unfortunately im working in my shed wtih hand tools, a pillar drill, dremmel and electric sander so its fairly time consuming :( . Would be great to have a napoleonic skirmish event!

I will whack in a softer spring when I take it skirmishing to get it down under 350fps.

sir i bow down in awe at your sheer awesomeness.. one thing though i think it may be a bit hot for CSW.. i think they have a 330 fps limit?

I reckon any field this makes an appearance at should make a special exception and allow it to fire .68 cal rubber paintball rounds, with chance to buy 'I got cooked by the Baker' t-shirts for anyone hit by it :)

Archived