Prometheus parts for TM SOPMOD

Mig1

it doesnt mean parts are coming fast. i mean, this is about where promy stopped with the blowback AKs.

but, i dont really think you need to worry about anything else for the gearbox. seems like they can run M120s. i know someone upgraded their AK74MN and i never heard of it breaking. they have a monster of a seal so an m110 should get you 400FPS if anybody wants to upgrade.

it doesnt mean parts are coming fast. i mean, this is about where promy stopped with the blowback AKs.

but, i dont really think you need to worry about anything else for the gearbox. seems like they can run M120s. i know someone upgraded their AK74MN and i never heard of it breaking. they have a monster of a seal so an m110 should get you 400FPS if anybody wants to upgrade.

The AK is also a version 3 gearbox which is why it can handle that kind of load.

The sopmods do not have quite as good of a track record. Having said that im running mine at 350 fps and am experiencing no issues.

None of those prommy parts really do anything for me besides the piston head. It would be nice to have spare nozzles and tappets made out of a durable polycarb material but we will have to see. This platform is INFINITELY more popular than the new TM AK series so we will see. I sure hope the development doesnt stop there.

I just saw one of my friends SOPMODS stock pipe literally blow out the back. the spring was an m120, the force sent rearward by the gears compressing the spring ripped the threading off the stock pipe leaving the stock pipe and stock attached only by the wiring. It was quite the surprise.

I just saw one of my friends SOPMODS stock pipe literally blow out the back. the spring was an m120, the force sent rearward by the gears compressing the spring ripped the threading off the stock pipe leaving the stock pipe and stock attached only by the wiring. It was quite the surprise.

That threading is poor indeed, I think I (almost) ruined mine by overtightening the stock pipe ring.

I can believe it.

The lower is nicely machined but that stock pipe really blows. Someone needs to release reinforced parts in this area which im sure they will.

Did I miss something? Didn't they also release the nozzle? That seems like very good news indeed....

How does the gearset differ from the normal v2/3 one?

Completely different in the cut, otherwise its entirely the same, nothing terribly innovative.

i'd put up pics but unfortunatley it's been jb welded so it's not coming off anytime soon. hope to god an aftermarket body comes out cuz if not well this particular sopmod will be SOL unless i can find someone to take on machining one which is well.. unlikely

Yeah, but since the nozzles seem to break so often, it is nice to see readily available replacements....

Wasnt talking about the nozzles brother, was taking about the gearsets.

Yeah, but since the nozzles seem to break so often, it is nice to see readily available replacements....

im confused where are you getting this info from ? only magz ive heard of had a problem. and i rule out single problems untill they happen again and again, to prove a pattern of fault rather than it being a random thing like a bb jam, dirt or user error.

im confused where are you getting this info from ? only magz ive heard of had a problem. and i rule out single problems untill they happen again and again, to prove a pattern of fault rather than it being a random thing like a bb jam, dirt or user error.

Hey man, i resent that. No user error on my part! :)

Archived