New MBITRs from Toysoldier and Spartan Airsoft

KWP

UPDATE:

I just charged the battery for several hours and upon re-inserting it, the radio had retained its programming.

I cannot explain it, nor can I explain why it wasnt before. However I confirmed it wasnt before and now it is.

eh. I'll take it.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I confirmed its an external antennae. Its just not the full length of the two included antennae models, obviously.

UPDATE 2 on the losing memory: I charged the battery overnight just to see what would happen: the radio lost its memory settings. I'm at a loss as to what is going on there - maybe a capacitor?

• 2 weeks later...

I still have a few questions I did not understand. Please bear with me :D

Will I be able to connect my real deal MSA Sordins or Peltor Comtac II's with the Dragon Red Airsoft MBITR replica ? Obviously without having to modify anything ?

When will the Gen II's be available ?

And last but not least did the Spartan Airsoft ones ship out yet ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :)

I still have a few questions I did not understand. Please bear with me :D

Will I be able to connect my real deal MSA Sordins or Peltor Comtac II's with the Dragon Red Airsoft MBITR replica ? Obviously without having to modify anything ? NO, You will have to either attach your own u-183/u to the radio or send DragonRed one and they will have the manufacturer (DH) set it up for you. No clue if this will require an additional fee besides the price of the connector.

When will the Gen II's be available ? The only thing that I got from DragonRed is that they were shooting for Sept.

And last but not least did the Spartan Airsoft ones ship out yet ? No clue on this one, maybe someone else can answer this one.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :)

Thanks statkikzero :)

I'll shoot DR a mail to ask how much it will cost me :/

A few other questions I forgot to mention in my previous post !

- Will the Gen II's have the u-183/u connector or will they remain the same ?

- What will the improvements be for the DR gen II MBITR ?

Thanks again.

The only improvements that I was given info on was the fact that the body is now metal and the buttons will work(?). Also, in another forum a rep from DR (huang???) said that the manufacturer (DH) cannot get ahold of the u-183/u in large enough quantities. That was the case for the Gen I, so whether or not that connector happens for the Gen II remains to be seen. If you get in contact with them be sure to keep us all informed. Thanks.

Doesn't matter much because the Spartan version was a limited run and is sold out. In an email response from gws, they seem to have no plans to make more. The dragonred version looks more appealing since its still available, eh? I like the fact that it's continuously supported and they seem to listen to what the customers want (somewhat). Just my $0.02.

Damn that's expensive, why would one want that over the Spartan airsoft one ?
I think like you. Spartan one it´s 268.00$ shipped and can take any real steel headset or handset without modify the radio or headset/handset.

Well the Spartan one is more expensive and as a radio it has FAR less capability: not programmable, only FRs /GMRS, weak power, no antennae options, and the DR version takes whatever headset you want, you just have to send them the connector. The DR gives you 100 programmable channels, many options, high and low power, and a freq range thats incredible: 400-470Mhz. Thats all your FRS, GMRS (meaning the Spartan's band) plus thousands of freqs in addition.

Make no mistake - the DR radio is a powerful piece of kit. And now with this gen 2 it has a metal body. The Spartan one was a Talkabout in dress up.

I've used mine at several events and I'm convinced. Its performing right next to our $500 radios and is easier to use, plus looks the part. Whats not to love?

Well the Spartan one is more expensive and as a radio it has FAR less capability: not programmable, only FRs /GMRS, weak power, no antennae options, and the DR version takes whatever headset you want, you just have to send them the connector. The DR gives you 100 programmable channels, many options, high and low power, and a freq range thats incredible: 400-470Mhz. Thats all your FRS, GMRS (meaning the Spartan's band) plus thousands of freqs in addition.

Make no mistake - the DR radio is a powerful piece of kit. And now with this gen 2 it has a metal body. The Spartan one was a Talkabout in dress up.

I've used mine at several events and I'm convinced. Its performing right next to our $500 radios and is easier to use, plus looks the part. Whats not to love?

How you know the specs of the Spartan one? in GWS only show the frecuency (400-470mhz too) and power (3w, not a talkabout power...).

¿?

Archived