Maruzen M870 Charger

chownsy

Redwolf have had them for a couple of weeks although i've not seen any mention of them on here.

Shotty http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26744

Mags http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26745

Extra shells http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26746

What is it with manufacturers and lame releases lately, I know this shottie is aimed at the younger crowd of 'softers, but if it ran normal shells it could be more appealing. Maybe?

I am offended by this abomination.

As a lover of shotguns and one who generally looks to the Japanese airsoft producers to come up with innovative new gun designs that might actually make them worth paying double or triple the cost of a Chinese or Taiwanese made gun, I am ashamed of Maruzen.

A magazine fed shotgun that isn't a Saiga would have been a bit strange by itself, but throw in the fact that it is a shell ejector that spits out pistol cartridges and it's just plain... plain... well, just plain not worth anyone's money!

I'm sure at least a few people will buy it, but I just can't see any self respecting airsofter shelling out a good $180 for an all plastic springer shotgun that is fed by a giant box magazine and spits out fugly little plastic pistol cartridge replicas. If you were to take that "0" off the end of the price it might be worth picking up to play around with, but I think the only people who will be buying it at Maruzen's price are those who light their cigarettes with burning $100 bills.

Maruzen should get off their proverbial butts and fix all the problems wrong with their M1100 and M870 gas powered shell ejectors, not waste their time and R&D money with this nonsense that hardly anyone would want.

*sighs*

It's a mad mad world...

Maruzen should get off their proverbial butts and fix all the problems wrong with their M1100 and M870 gas powered shell ejectors, not waste their time and R&D money with this nonsense that hardly anyone would want.

sums it up in 1 sentence...

i too love shotguns, especially maruzens, but what Jin says is true :)

hey guys, hate to spoil your fun but.... There are versions of the M870 chambered for handgun rounds, and there are various conversions for shell tube shotguns to take detachable box mags. Plus there have been designs for SMG mags that consist of two mags permanantly fixed together.

Those facts make this gun realistic..... almost....

Though refering to it as "live fire" or anything like live fire is going to get the anti-gun nuts on our back again.

ive seen the mag conversions, but didnt know of the chamber conversions...

all the same, i dont think there would be a big demand for replicas of either of these :P

maruzen need to get their *suitcase* wired together and fix my m1100 issues :D

Or could it be that Maruzen is trying to fill that niche ToyTec used to occupy in offering wacky designs just to be different. Hell, Maruzen even released that UNCLE P38 recently.

I dunno about you guys, but I like it, and when the price is driven down because no one but me can appreciate its beauty, I'll buy it.

Hell, the price is pretty low as it is. I'll watch it for a bit then perhaps pick one up.

Hey, you guys overlooked the children's model!

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26743

110FPS, Safe fun for children! Yeah!

hey guys, hate to spoil your fun but.... There are versions of the M870 chambered for handgun rounds, and there are various conversions for shell tube shotguns to take detachable box mags. Plus there have been designs for SMG mags that consist of two mags permanantly fixed together.

Those facts make this gun realistic..... almost....

Though refering to it as "live fire" or anything like live fire is going to get the anti-gun nuts on our back again.

You got a link to these "pistol caliber shotguns"?

Despite all the negatives, I quite like it... Plus, it's the first Shell ejecting airsoft gun i've seen which is cheap to buy (only $116 on Redwolf), and has ridiculously cheap shells!

(And on top of that, it takes 6mm BBs rather than 8mms a la most of Marushin's offerings!)

Just need to save up for it now...

The Qun Wei thingies are, as you said, Cheapo Shotties, not from a fairly decent manufacturer...

Oh, and the LA870 shoots at a usable 290FPS, whilst the Qun Wei Shotguns i've found are typically ~175FPS which is barely skirmishable at best...

Despite the lack of realism regarding the pistol shells, this is a step in the right direction as it's (in my opinion) the first truly skirmishable shell ejecting weapon to be released...

(And no, the Marushin Dual maxis do not count, the replacememnt shells are too expensive to use willy-nilly on a skirmish field...)

Or could it be that Maruzen is trying to fill that niche ToyTec used to occupy in offering wacky designs just to be different. Hell, Maruzen even released that UNCLE P38 recently.

I dunno about you guys, but I like it, and when the price is driven down because no one but me can appreciate its beauty, I'll buy it.

Hell, the price is pretty low as it is. I'll watch it for a bit then perhaps pick one up.

Hey, you guys overlooked the children's model!

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26743

110FPS, Safe fun for children! Yeah!

I'm thinking about picking up the kids version to use around the house for fun or busting them out at friends, 110fps is relatively ok and hopefully shouldn't hurt.

Guys guys, the LA870 is jsut for fun, especially the Youth version. heck it barely even leaves a mark on your skin at PB!

perfect for us who get a bit bored in the office, we'd just whip it out from under our desk and sneak up on an unsuspecting co-worker. Much fun....

Wont hurt for sht, but will sure as hell surprise the heck out of them!

Also great for playing extreme cqb games, like the ones we have in HK where the door to the next room is literally an arms length away!

Nice idea, awful execution.

I'm a big fan of the CA870, but this is truly horrible and seemingly pointless except on a 'fun only' basis and then it seems horribly expensive.

Cheers

Archived