Full auto Desert Eagle mod for Marui GBBs

chas

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I DONT KNOW WHETHER IT WILL END UP BREAKING YOUR GUN, BUT IF IT DOES, DONT COME HERE COMPLAININ'.

First of all, Id like to let you know that this mod isnt my invention: I heard about blocking something in the Marui DE and started investigating what it could be.

Will this break your gun? Im not sure: my guts, based on seeing the forces that act on the gun while shooting on full auto, tell me it will. On the other hand, this mod doesnt strain any movable or weak parts of the gun, so it comes down to whether the slide will hold up and shooting in full auto is actually like shooting many times in a row. I dont know, so dont blame me if you do this and it goes bad.

The mod is fairly simple:

1) Take the slide off.

2) Take the lower receiver and direct your eyes to the slot marked in red. What we want to do is to put something in there so the metal plate doesnt move back far enough to block the hammer after the shot.

P1010043.jpg

3) Take a piece of cardboard and cut it to size so it fits in the slot. It should be as wide as the slot but not as high, as we are going to wrap it in tape.

P1010039.jpg

4) Wrap the piece of cardboard in tape until it is thick enough to have to be slightly squeezed in. You should be able to do this with your bare hands, but not loose enough that it can come out by itself. Try and correct until you are sure.

MAKE SURE IT SITS FLUSH OR IT WILL JAM THE SLIDE.

P1010042.jpg

5) Put the slide back on, do not insert the mag yet, and cock the gun. The hammer should be in its ready position. Pull the trigger but dont release it: cock the gun again with the depressed trigger. If the hammer doesnt stay back but goes forward everytime you cock the gun while holding the trigger, ythe mod was succesfull.

Repeat as many times as you judge necessary to make sure the cardboard piece wont come out or the slide jam.

Done.

Here's how a full auto Desert Eagle sounds like:

The good thing is, its reversible: when you dont need it anymore, you just take the cardboard piece out. You can even do it midgame, as you dont need any tools and its done in under a minute.

The bad things is, the accuracy goes down the drain: some BBs are underhopped, some overhopped. Unless there is something that can be done about it, I think this mod is only useful for CQB.

aye, basically cut a head off a cable tie to form a n shape so it does not catch the valve knocker,

trim it so that it wedges into the part circled red above, and finally if needed trim so that the trigger bar can

sit in the correct location.

tried it out this evening, accuracy goes out the window, i think due to the hard kick action, maybe the hop thing.

its very bad on gas efficiency, and cool down very quickly.

ill take some photos if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived