RAIDZ system

Praying Mantis

I like how they compare range :\ They gave a low figure but then again we still beat paint ball :D

Is this related to the miltary MILES system?

Related in the sense that they use a similar concept. I'd think of it as MILES's retarded 3rd cousin.

Why not give everybody a real steal gun and put miles stuff on it? aleast there is recoil. and lol 5 hours battery life, if you play 24h game then?

FAIL. we DON'T need and airsoft simulation when airsoft is a simulation of RS.

RAIDZ, Close Quarter Battle simulation system is the new age of Laser Tag equipment with a combination of a realistic outdoor sport and an experience of a first-person shooting game.

that says it all off there site

Longer range, I suppose.

If you're playing in large, open areas, then this makes more sense than projectile-launching replicas.

Everywhere else, this fails.

Even the SAAB-system (better version of MILES) we used when I was in the army sucked donkeyballs in the woods.

Even the smallest branch was bulletproof, and you had no way of knowing if your LASER-emitter had been knocked slightly out of alignment with the sights as there was no visible projectile or beam or anything.

And other than the super-lame "pew-pew-pew" sounds played by your vest when a shot barely missed you, you had no feeling of getting shot at, which you do in airsoft.

But other than that, if you have a wide open playing field, like a desert or a mountain range, then I think something like this would be fun.

Like using an M82 or something with this system and taking shots at someone from over 1km, or mowing down a squad of opposing players with an MG at 600m.

They should work on those vests, though. That thing won't work with any impression, and it's black.

Maybe if they just released some sort of sensor-harness you could attach to your existing vest or rig.

Around here we only have dense woodland and a few CQB-sites, so BB-shooting airsoft is definitely better.

well, it is safer than airsoft, no goggles etc. perhaps it would be good for low key sites, rentals only, laser quest style. or you could use them in a competitive cqb tornament perhaps. its hard to come up with anything usefull really! all i want is a laser LAW/RPG that can flash a unit mounted on a vehicle which could have outputs like an alarm tell the driver to shut his engine off and a small elecrtrical charge that could set off a pyro.

We have the TESS system, essentially the MILES system. It sucks a lot. You could keep suppressing a guy and your rifle isn't zeroed so the enemy can do a matrix on you. One time I double tapped a guy at 10m, the Tess didn't register, I ducked behind some dead ground cover and somehow I get hit, though I saw the DS behind me reholstering his god gun...

Another thing I saw when using TESS was this Filipino guy doing an paintball move, charged forward, standing and taking cover behind a tree and firing from that at the enemy not far from him. Unlike laserstrike/paintball, trees are not cover from 7.62M43 rounds :P

BBs at 450fps gives you plenty of effect of being suppressed, as branches and foliage gets shredded and BBs whizz past you. Being shot does give you the motivation to do things properly :)

Archived