Unicorn AKSU take down

snorkelman

as requested by thewallhitme over in the AK pictures thread, heres how to take down front end of a unicorn AKSU

IMG_0112.jpg

open top cover remove upper handguard

IMG_0113.jpg

remove the fake bolt carrier

IMG_0116.jpg

remove the muzzle brake

IMG_0121.jpg

remove the front sight block it has an hex screw in bottom

IMG_0122.jpg

remove lower handguard retaining ring, its held with a hex screw too

IMG_0123.jpg

you should now be here

IMG_0127.jpg

remove the top cover hinge support - another hex screw one undone you can slide top cover and its hinge support off the barrel

IMG_0131.jpg

once its removed you now have access to the two hex screws that hold the outer barrel in the front trunnion

Nice guide. Looks like Unicorn and CA share roughly the same design with regard to the front end, in particular the two set screws holding the inner/outer/hop up.

Funny you posted this - I've been messing about with my CA AK74SU for a week or so trying to diagnose a feeding problem. Do you seat the hop up all the way back against the front of the mechbox when you reassemble? On my CA I've found that this makes full auto misfire terribly and have had to monkey with the headspacing. Cinching the hop up and outer barrel 1-2 mm forward of 'all the way back against the mechbox' is the correct spacing on my particular gun.

Again, nicely done snorkelman.

Archived