Marushin 6mm CZ75

snowman

its starting to look like they are bringing back their old models with the new system. marushin used to put out *albatross* tons of shell ejector GBBs.

its just that the old system had 2 stages of trigger action. one stage (the first) fire the BB the 2nd cycles the slide. all in one trigger pull.

it should get attention, but marushin has 2 models of both the glocks and 1911/2011 models to come out too.

That's true and not that surprising given they also make quite a few cap firing 'model guns'.

Whilst you could probably stretch a 8mm GBB to being a skirmish sidearm, these shell ejectors seem to be real plinker/collector pieces.

I'm not convinced they'd be much use for practical pistol shooting to be honest - too weak and the shells would get dirty and be too inconsistent in performance - That'd be my guess anyway.

Cheers.

Well, yeah the convincing part will be hard. For one thing its hard to tell how big the interest is for these things unless you could convince Marushin to part with their sales records. Secondly, a custom manufacturer might not be tooled enough to make these in the quantity we'd want in order to bump the price down. I was thinking of hiring the services of a plastics manufacturing company. These vary from size and capacity, but most will accept custom orders and an injected pet or abs shell would be easy for them. There is of course the initial tooling; the price of metal molds are a staggering amount to look at ($500 to $2000 depending on size), but can last for up to 2 million presses and the material cost for something that small is close to nil. If you get enough interested parties to pool in some cash to fund and distribute it, the whole thing is entirely plausible.

And bio-degradable - No-one really wants thousands of plastic shell casings littering a woodland.

Of course, those saying that would make them work for skirmishing are assuming these things don't have weedy performance - I'm yet to be convinced that that's the case.

Cheers.

There's a company, not sure if RA-Tech or someone else who made spare shells for the Glock21 and re-chambered into 6mm. One of the things they changed was omit the hole on the side of the shell which acted like a vent to restrict power. That design change and maybe a tight bore should do wonders seeing as they cycle almost flawlessly in the vids. I've also thought about the bio-shells. Will experiment on revolver shells first to see if some of my ideas work, one of which is rolling them up out of glue/shellac saturated paper. If this method works, skirmishers could just earn their spare shells with sweat and yesterdays newspaper.

Archived