A Clone Barrett M99 you say?

apmaman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then you just ain't seen enough VSRs old boy! :D

Okay, so they're not COMPLETE fail, just not worth it when you consider the other options *VSR cough*

So basically your point is that because its not a vsr, its pointless, even though its *fruitcage* massive and heavy and impractical, so nobody would be buying it for some ultimate sniping gun anyway.

So basically your point is that because its not a vsr, its pointless, even though its *fruitcage* massive and heavy and impractical, so nobody would be buying it for some ultimate sniping gun anyway.

I just don't understand why not make it from VSR internals... i'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult if it can be done with APS-2 stuff. Yeah, fair enough it would still be heavy, impractical and look ugly but at least it could shoot well, that might be some consolation. Where as now it is heavy, impractical, looks ugly and doesn't shoot great. I know which i'd prefer.

I am biased though, APS-2 just never worked out for me... so much work, so much money and it was still rather pish. Might've just been my luck though, so i'll leave it there :P

this will only be usefull for a while, as said they will take aps l96 parts but only some, so unless they release upgraded cylinders your screwed if the origional breaks.

as most places stoped making aps2 upgrade parts due to the rifle being discontinued, and the l96 cylinder is different and wont fit in a aps2 designed gun, due to the different bolthandle.

also these are the worst looking barretts and are totaly impractical for skirmishing

Friend of mine had one of the PWD M99's. Nice looking piece of kit, but bloody impractical to skirmish with - not to mention the instant rust as soon as it even spotted a single drop of rain.

Trigger feel was ###### due to the remote linkage, and due to the inability to wrap your thumb round the back of the bolt it had a habit of snapping the bolt handle stud off the back of the cylinder when you cocked it with a strong spring in it.

Still, as mentioned before, it scared the *suitcase* out of n00bs lol

The next version is the M82A1 but this will be some time as its in testing at present,

That version will be electric but with the same steel and alloy constuction, the only prob is by the looks of things it will have auto, i am trying to get them modified to semi only and up the FPS

Regards

Paul

It's a classic case of too many n00bs saying 'I really wish there was a decent spring BARRETT available, I'd buy a million!!!111one'.

Some poor manufacturer took them seriously, and have spent loads on R&D and production.

Now none of you will buy it. :rolleyes:

Not really trying to rock the boat, but it's the truth ;)

It's a shame too, it looks really sexy.

If I had the money, I'd buy one.

Ben.

Archived