Star Rainbow Company Co2 M4

AnakChan

Strange someone reported about the G&G G96 but not this SRC CO2 M4 (at least I couldn't find it in search), as both were in airsoftnews.eu :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kceWzp6Xyg...player_embedded

Rather interesting that the CO2 cartridge is put into the magwell, but not part of the magazine. Make mags lighter to carry I guess. Also wonder if it provides better running/operational costs than "gas in mags".

Damn powerful at 181m/s

Plus having handled and seen the snags mate's of mine have had with SRC's build quality not exactly sure I'd trust their gear to hold CO2 pressure. I admit they may have got a lot better since I last played with their kit but the initial impression I got was enough to make me stay well clear of their AEGs. Plus 650fps, not actually sure that's strictly speaking necessary for airsofting........

reminds me of the Yunker 4 airgun albeit in 6mm BB armalite form - frame to hold the co2 caplet permanetly attached to the magwell detachable mag that holds the ammo

10 out of 10 for effort but seems a strange time to be bringing it out esp with muzzle energies of that level. They'd have been better making it in 4.5mm and flogging it in the low powered airgun market.

Wow... you know, if the build quality is decent with a stable hopup and it's built to be semi auto only with no full auto capability I think we might be seeing our first truly effective out of the box AR-15 style sniper rifle here.

It would have made much more sense to have it styled after a SR-16 or similar semi-auto M4 platform based rifle, but hey, if it's compatible with standard AEG M4 parts than you could surely build it up to look like whatever sniper-esque 5.56 AR you wanted.

I don't think this product is meant to compete with the current GBB M4s from WA, G&P, AGM, WE, etc. so it won't appeal to that market. But for the airsoft snipers out there this could be a real winner. High power out of the box, CO2 capable, stable FPS, and styled after a popular gun that can be customized 10,000 different ways. But ultimately I think the real value of this gun will come down to it's price, durability, hopup quality, and inner barrel compatibility. If it's well built and can take AEG hopups and barrels we might just have a winner for airsoft snipers ^_^

But for the airsoft snipers out there this could be a real winner. High power out of the box, CO2 capable, stable FPS, and styled after a popular gun that can be customized 10,000 different ways. But ultimately I think the real value of this gun will come down to it's price, durability, hopup quality, and inner barrel compatibility. If it's well built and can take AEG hopups and barrels we might just have a winner for airsoft snipers ^_^

I agree, but i'm skeptical the hop-up will be up to standard.

I wouldn't call the FPS all that stable it has similar power curve to the CO2 fed Yunkers (which as a side note is enough to see the yunkers sold in UK as an airgun for face to face sale from an RFD... not mail order as a RIF/IF)

from the video (I've done a bit of rounding up and down to nearest metre/sec and I might have missed one or two)

first four shots

192 630

185.5 608

138.8 455

191 626

shots 5 to 17

189 620

187 613

187 613

189 620

189 620

188 616

187 613

187 613

187 613

187 613

185 607

186 610

shots 18 to 23

181 594

182 597

179 587

178 583

176 577

shots 24 and 25

171 561

168 551

shots 26 to 28

164 538

161 528

159 521

shots 29 and 30

155 508

154 505

actually if i had the money (going out since my exams are nearly finished :P) i would actually think about this

cause i always wanted a semi-auto sniper,

AEG's suck cause of the sewing machine sound and its ineffectiveness of using a silencer

GBBR's suck cause of cooldown and inefficiency and...its damn loud lol

this can be quite as *fruitcage* with a silencer, and since its a m4 platform, and probaly aeg spec you can probaly put your ris unit on it since, EVERYONES GOT AN M4 RIGHT :D?

shame its c02 cause its expensive as *suitcase* in hong kong, like $10 HKD for a 12g capsule, could of atleast made a fake bolt or something, not like the aeg thin piece of metal they call a bolt

and whats up with the capsule in the magwell? if its a nbb might as well make it in the stock or grip, use pipes if necessary

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived