The Magpul PTS UBR™ (Utility / Battle Rifle)

hayabusa46

Just saw Magpul PTS UBR on airsoft-news.eu!

Dear All,

We are shipping the following products now.

PTS UBR™ Collapsible Buttstock

The Magpul PTS UBR™ (Utility / Battle Rifle), U.S. Patent 6651371, is a fully-featured, adjustable butt stock for AEG M4 / M16. Unlike typical collapsing stocks, this modular design offers the stability of a fixed stock with consistent cheek weld in any position. Seven-position length-of-pull (LOP) adjustment is quickly executed with gross motor movement while the integral preset system allows direct access to a preferred position. The UBR™ also provides extra counterbalance weight to improve handling on full-length rifles and weapons with muzzle-heavy accessories or grenade launchers. Optional components such as dual-side sling mounts and metal strike plate allow the UBR™ to adapt to the mission at hand.

Features

- New design Receiver Extension tube which fits Lipo Battery.

- It fit short type AEG receiver only.

- 7-Position LOP adjustability with customizable preset system for fast access to preferred length

- Made by DuPont™ Polymer with Reinforced Stock Body (Steel plate)

- Solid “fixed stock” lockup in all positions

- Repositionable cheek piece accommodates users requiring extra eye-relief

- Stout construction provides counterbalance weight for improved weapon balance and handling

- Sling Mounts

- Front / Rear - push-button QD sling mounts

- Bottom - 1.25" Sling loop

Included Accessories*

- Storage Module (Left-Right Reversible / Removable)

- Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30” (Removable)

- Front / Rear – dual side push-button QD sling mounts

http://airsoft-news.eu/news.php

post-45087-1245001822_thumb.jpg

:D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol for that much I'll just hope that I can find a real one in stock somewhere in the US.

Have you noticed though that the PTS prices aren't too far of from the RS? Check out the MBUS and MIAD. In fact for the CTR stock the PTS version is slightly more expensive than RS.

I know, but the thing is, people still buy 'em. I would buy a CTR at $90, but wouldn't buy a PTS PRS for $250. Hence, the PTS PRS sells very poorly in comparison to the CTR and to the RS selling distributions. In the same way, though more will buy the UBR than the PRS, it won't sell too well with airsofters... just my .02.

It appears this Magpul PTS UBR is for the AEG and in the photos it comes with an adapter for a short ended receiver rather than for the long ended receiver. So I don't believe it comes with a buffer tube.

The ACM version comes with both AEG adapter and a buffer tube for the WA/G&P styled GBB. The external length of that ACM UBR buffer tube is the same length as RS. However inner depth seems to be deeper than a std buffer tube. e.g. I needed to put in a speed buttstock buffer for the ACM UBR buffer tube. Or, maybe my std. buffer tube already had a speed buttstock inside without me being aware of it.

Nope, buffer tubes don't attach on the same on a RS receiver and an AS receiver. Since it uses, or should use, a proprietary buffer it won't work. They will probably come out with one at a later date though that is for WA spec receivers.

Archived