BELL factory has been restarted!

Frontiers

Bell factory got raided and busted almost a year before or so, i just heard they are open for Business again! i saw in Gunners the EG728 MEU they made and then i made some calls :P and got a confirmation! holy ###### :P new competitor for Gas pistols! competition is always good :)

You do know the USMC MEU pistol originally was a remanufacturered 1911 done by the armorers of the PWS at Quantico using Springfield slides, and a list of other parts on USMC inventory frames. They bought, the Kimber ICQB's as an interm pistols when the marine armorers at PWS Quantico could not keep up with demand. Then decided to purchase Springfield Armory Professional Model pistols to be used as MEU pistols, as well as buy parts to build additional MEU pistols themselves (still using Springfield slides). So having a Springfield Armory slide would be correct to what the Marine armorers built and are still building. Heres a link to a copy of the original MEU pistol manual if you go to the parts list you will see the slide part number, thats a Springfield Armory part number. MEUSOC Pistol Technical ManualSo I be picking one up. Now granted the slides as ordered by the USMC may have different markings or none at all.

You do know the USMC MEU pistol originally was a remanufacturered 1911 done by the armorers of the PWS at Quantico using Springfield slides, and a list of other parts on USMC inventory frames. They bought, the Kimber ICQB's as an interm pistols when the marine armorers at PWS Quantico could not keep up with demand. Then decided to purchase Springfield Armory Professional Model pistols to be used as MEU pistols, as well as buy parts to build additional MEU pistols themselves (still using Springfield slides). So having a Springfield Armory slide would be correct to what the Marine armorers built and are still building. Heres a link to a copy of the original MEU pistol manual if you go to the parts list you will see the slide part number, thats a Springfield Armory part number. MEUSOC Pistol Technical ManualSo I be picking one up. Now granted the slides as ordered by the USMC may have different markings or none at all.

The lower says "U.S. Army. :unsure:

We're pointing out the incorrect spelling of Springfield Armory. It says Springfeld Armoy on the slide. Notice the lack of I in Springfield and lack of R in Armory.

Also, the clone MEUs are an incorrect mix of early and late MEUs. The frame has early MEU markings and the slide has late MEU markings. At least I have certainly not seen a real steel one with that combination.

Ah my bad...... on the spelling issue..... As for new slides on old frames, that can happen, since most MEU pistols are brought back in after so many rounds to be completely rebuilt. The use of in inventory frames you might see ones being built now may have the early frame, since the frames will outlast the slides.

yes a clone GBB P99 that was durable would be great. I know of a couple of security and police departments that use the P99 that have been looking for a cost effective training weapon. I showed them the Maruzens but availability (in quantity) and what needs to be done to get them to run on green gas/propane with breaking turned them off.

Archived