VFC/Avalon MK-12 Mod 1

fiddlesticks4220

I like VFC's attention to detail, (besides the SR-16 markings on the SR-15). Had I not gotten a G&P, VFC would be next on my list.

On another note, though this Mk12 is the first high end MK12, I personally prefer the Mod 0.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...MK12MOD1_srch_1

looks like now their is a correct MK 12 mod 1 on the market now for those interested.

Not quite fully correct. The Mod 1 has the Ergo grip not the standard A2 grip. VFC guns are very detailed and they're up to date with modern firearms, but their internals are still a little iffy.

Not quite fully correct. The Mod 1 has the Ergo grip not the standard A2 grip. VFC guns are very detailed and they're up to date with modern firearms, but their internals are still a little iffy.

Their internals are iffy?

How so?

Their cylinder components are some of the best in the industry.

Ive run their pistons for well over 100k rounds.

Their gearsets function just fine up to 400 fps even with the autoshim feature. I have a VFC gearbox running the 7mm nylon bushings, stock components minus a slight reshim of the bevel gear height at 350 fps and 24 rounds per second that passed 130k rounds a month ago.

Their hopup buckings are decent but can be upgraded just like on basically every other out of the box rifle.

The hopup units are wonderfully constructed and feature an excellent airseal.

So in closing, what are you talking about?

Their internals are iffy?

How so?

Their cylinder components are some of the best in the industry.

Ive run their pistons for well over 100k rounds.

Their gearsets function just fine up to 400 fps even with the autoshim feature. I have a VFC gearbox running the 7mm nylon bushings, stock components minus a slight reshim of the bevel gear height at 350 fps and 24 rounds per second that passed 130k rounds a month ago.

Their hopup buckings are decent but can be upgraded just like on basically every other out of the box rifle.

The hopup units are wonderfully constructed and feature an excellent airseal.

So in closing, what are you talking about?

Ownage!!! I'm glad to hear that your VFC is running great. I wanted an Avalon Mk.18 Mod.0 so bad but had a better offer on a G&P so.....

Either way the SPR looks great. Throw on a Harris 6''-9'' bipod and a Leupold M3(replica of course) and you're set..

-Luis

I like VFC's attention to detail, (besides the SR-16 markings on the SR-15). Had I not gotten a G&P, VFC would be next on my list.

On another note, though this Mk12 is the first high end MK12, I personally prefer the Mod 0.

The first Mk12? Hasn't G&P been making these for years now? They even have it in GBB form...

Ownage!!! I'm glad to hear that your VFC is running great. I wanted an Avalon Mk.18 Mod.0 so bad but had a better offer on a G&P so.....

Either way the SPR looks great. Throw on a Harris 6''-9'' bipod and a Leupold M3(replica of course) and you're set..

-Luis

Meh, wasnt mean to be ownage of any sort. It was meant to be posted as FACTS instead of hearsay and conjecture like Hispeed has posted in the past concerning VFC internals.

I personally own six VFC rifles and none of them have given me any problems. Ive worked on well over 60 VFC rifles and again, all of the components were top notch except for early issues with the VFC 416 switch harness.

I personally own six VFC rifles and none of them have given me any problems. Ive worked on well over 60 VFC rifles and again, all of the components were top notch except for early issues with the VFC 416 switch harness.

I have owned 3 and the new internals are definitely great. I had a 416 that was fine, but my SCAR has had some serious problems.

Your post is all kinds of fail. SPR grips and stocks vary like snowflakes. I've seen collapsing stocks and all sorts of pistol grips, even the PSG-styled one. And no, no picture. Sorry.

Your post is all kinds of fail. SPR grips and stocks vary like snowflakes. I've seen collapsing stocks and all sorts of pistol grips, even the PSG-styled one. And no, no picture. Sorry.

Mk12 Mod 1 with standard A2 pistol grip right here:

https://ssl31.pair.com/padef/gobbels/images...%20SIDE_WEB.JPG

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if they exist.

*edit - after talking with some SEAL reps at the last local demo they had, it's all up to individual preference for those - whatever gives them the best cheekweld and grip. They indicated that they 'own' the rifles, not sure how true that is but my understanding is that they're not pulled willy-nilly from an arsenal rack.

Archived