Magpul PTS - FPG

orca

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can they get the Masada out first before they move onto other things sheeeesh. Or at least some Masada pictures...

OFT

i guess making the FPG isn't too hard since it's just a glock in a box... but knowing PTS and their workspeed, it'll be here sometime in 2011

I'm not sure if I see the market in an Airsoft gun that folds up into a flashlight.

I think the real version is brilliant for home defense, but airsoft?

Maybe a good back up? Could one of these fit in medical pouch? It would be a little easier than just a pistol to use as a back up, yet still fit in a small space.

Yah probably not so practical, but still pretty cool. I don't think I will be picking one of these up, at least not until I finish some other projects, which hopefully includes a Masada very soon.

wewt. i can see this maybe fitting into a dump pouch? plus then it's right there when you need it.

better yet, perfect for a VIP, because it's small enough to carry in a MAP or other backpack. some may argue, "why not a glock?" or other pistol, or other machine pistol. but come on, it's magpul, and way cooler than just a pistol.

Let's not forget that the biggest benefit of the FMG9 (aside from subtlety), is the fact that you end up with a Glock 18 that's very controllable on full auto as it unfolds to give you a shoulder stock and also gives you the benefits of an extremely small package with a high ROF. That's pretty cool. I'm definitely picking one of these up for CQB.

Don't know if any of you saw the SMG episode of Ultimate Weapons on The Military Channel, but the FMG9 ranked pretty high up there on the "ultimate SMG weapon" list. Personally I had no idea Magpul had a fully working FMG9, so it was pretty cool to see it dump lead down range.

Well apparently they wouldn't be hard to make, even for someone with just machining tools if they made it in metal. The problem that arises in RS is that you are turning a pistol into a SBR.

Both yes and no..and I can see where your going with that. But a pistol to an SBR would be wrong because it wouldn't be firing a rifle round, so more like a pistol to an SMG would be more apropriate. Even though considering the Glock18 is a machine gun pistol. But again I do see where your going with that.

If they found some way to make a version of this for GBB and one for AEP formats I would die happy. If the AEP version let you somehow use a larger capacity battery or and 8.4v that would cause me to die. In any event I admire and support anything MAGPUL endorses for airsoft.

Let's not forget that the biggest benefit of the FMG9 (aside from subtlety), is the fact that you end up with a Glock 18 that's very controllable on full auto as it unfolds to give you a shoulder stock and also gives you the benefits of an extremely small package with a high ROF. That's pretty cool. I'm definitely picking one of these up for CQB.

Don't know if any of you saw the SMG episode of Ultimate Weapons on The Military Channel, but the FMG9 ranked pretty high up there on the "ultimate SMG weapon" list. Personally I had no idea Magpul had a fully working FMG9, so it was pretty cool to see it dump lead down range.

Was it quiet yet deadly combining the power of an assault rifle with the small form of a smg?

Both yes and no..and I can see where your going with that. But a pistol to an SBR would be wrong because it wouldn't be firing a rifle round, so more like a pistol to an SMG would be more apropriate. Even though considering the Glock18 is a machine gun pistol. But again I do see where your going with that.

You obviously don't know much about U.S. Gun laws. SBR is a legal term for a "rifle" (basically anything with a stock) that has a barrel length of less than 16" that is SEMI AUTOMATIC.

The law does not differentiate between rifle caliber or pistol caliber.

Machineguns, SBRs, Silencers, AOWs and DDs are regulated under the National Firearms Act (NFA)

To create or own an SBR in the U.S. requires special paperwork and is heavily regulated, it isn't something that a typical gun owner would be willing to go through. Possession of an SBR without the proper paperwork is a violation of the NFA and is a felony.

This includes constructive possession, meaning that merely owning the Magpul FMG folding mechanism and a regular Glock 17, even if not assemble together is a violation of the NFA.

So as you can see, sale of such "kit" for the real steel market in the U.S. for use with semi automatic pistols would be severely regulated by the government, which would basically guarantee low sales.

But if you buy a civilian KRISS without the huge barrel and barrel shroud it is a classified as a SBR. I agree with you it should be a considered a SMG if anything, but to the gov't anything that has a stock, short barrel, and magazine is an SBR.

But if you buy a civilian KRISS without the huge barrel and barrel shroud it is a classified as a SBR. I agree with you it should be a considered a SMG if anything, but to the gov't anything that has a stock, short barrel, and magazine is an SBR.

It doesn't even need a magazine... If you shop down a single shot rifle below 16" it is still a SBR

They have had "Glock Stocks" out for years now, primarily marketed to LEO's who are not authorized patrol carbines

If the weapon fires in anything but semi-auto it is considered a machine gun, SBR laws do not apply to machine guns, it sort of supersedes them. SMG literally stands for Sub-Machine Gun, calling it that would imply that it fires full auto or burst (anything that is more then one round per trigger pull is a no-no). accuracy, especially over repeating shots is stabilized by your shoulder on weapons with stocks, that is why if you put a stock on a pistol, it makes it a short barreled rifle, no matter the caliber. There are specific reasons for their categorization, they may seem confusing but some of the other ways that have been recommended are way more confusing.

are there glock rdias?

Doubtful, would have been needed to have been manufactured before 1986 to be registerable, that and the mech is not drip in, needs a whole new slide. also would have required the parts in the slide to have a serial number in order to register it.

Archived