KWA Glock 23 refurbishing

Punkypink

Hello all you Glock experts. I've just aquired what seems to be a KWA Glock 18 23F. Plastic top slide, no trades. I'm interested in refurbishing the gun, it cycles well but i noticed some surface rust on things like the slide catch. Theres also a crack on the lower frame. In your opinion, would it be feasible to refurbish it into a decently working gun without too much effort and money, just a little TLC?

Heres some pics of it as it is right now. Any advice, especially on a cheap but good fix for that crack is greatly appreciated! :)

6011_87316394566_503689566_1763539_1668291_n.jpg

6011_87316409566_503689566_1763541_5948998_n.jpg

6011_87316399566_503689566_1763540_8170691_n.jpg

6011_87316414566_503689566_1763542_4021016_n.jpg

Also need a new magazine endplate. Anyone knows where to get the KSC ones? :)

Edit: Just noticed its a G23F!

Any info on what slides, outer barrels or lower frames are compatible with a KSC G23F would once again be greatly appreciated! :)

I actually have a g19 with a crack in the same place. I just scored a frame for it used. For the rust, pull the metal parts out and use some rust remover and maybe scrub it with a brush, maybe a metal brush like copper if it is tough rust.

I believe it will take a KSC g19 lower frame, I will see in a few days if the g23f frame is any different. It may be had to score an aftermarket slide, but if you want trades you might be able to find a stock KSC slide at on of the big retailers.

I figured out how the crack was caused. On the inside, there's a blocky piece, and that gets hit by the mag everytime a mag is slammed into the housing, which over time, resulted in the crack. I think I've managed to get rid of a lot of the rust by spraying a lot of silicone oil, and then running a dremel with a soft buffer inside. Thankfully it seemed to be surface rust.

I'm gonna try mending the frame with some EMA plastiweld. I've also got a KSC metal slide n outer barrel on the way. I think what I need now is a disassembly and reassembly guide. Any idea where to get one online? Thanks in advance :)

yes. it is different. The FA system is in both the slide and frame. Ive had both. right now just the 23F, which i lost the parts to fix.. haha. when i find them ill fix it.

thats the good thing. ANYTHING you need you can order from KWA usa. even if its not in the catalog.

yes. it is different. The FA system is in both the slide and frame. Ive had both. right now just the 23F, which i lost the parts to fix.. haha. when i find them ill fix it.

thats the good thing. ANYTHING you need you can order from KWA usa. even if its not in the catalog.

Even if they say that it is out of stock on the catalogue?

My referbishing tecknique.

Take every single part apart, every componant piece.(you can do it in sections to make it easer)

Put in a bowl of hot water and washing up liquid. rub the washing up liquid into every piece of every part, then put it in a second bowl of pure hot water to wash away the washing up liquid.

When you reassemble the gun, re-grease each part lightly. IF there is any damage to any part you will nead to deal with it now before it gets reassembeled. Diferent damage requires diferent procedures for fixing (sometimes bending parts back to origonal shape, or replacing them with new parts)

once you have done this to every part, regreased and reassembled you will find that the gun shoots much better than previously.

Now for the crack. I dont know for definate how to fix this, but i have a couple of ideas you can look into.

Soldering irons melt the plastic of KSC/KWA glocks. you may be able to "weld" it and make it strong again.

You could use epoxy or other resin to fill the crack.

You could of corse send it to me (for a small fee) and i will be more than happy to make the little thing awesome again.

Metal slide on! Pics to follow :)

6011_91131019566_503689566_1819039_7526348_n.jpg

Just look at the pics above to see the contrast to when I just got her. Neglected and unloved for a tenner. Cracked slide (still to be fixed), plastic untraded slide and outer barrel, missing mag base cap...

With the addition of:

KSC Metal slide and outer barrel - £37

Hurricane enhanced G19 recoilspring - £6.99

Bottle of EMA plastiweld - £3.48

Glock magazine baseplate - £2

(All prices include shipping costs where applicable)

She already looks like she's got a new lease of life. :) The fit went without fuss, and she now feels and sounds great and kicks very nicely too. Works perfectly!

6011_91131029566_503689566_1819041_7819531_n.jpg

sorry for the crappy photo. best i can do under artificial light and with a camphone. Will try again tomorrow during daylight.

Thanks to everyone who shared ideas, suggestions, age old family recipes for Aunt Bessie's cookies...

Special thanks to ehobbyasia. Despite choosing the supposedly slow as heck and cheap as chips shipping option (US$6) the metal slide arrived in 9 days. Fantastic.

$6 for shipping???

Bloody hell, that's a bargain. Most HK retailers still charge quite a bit for the cheaper shipping option which is why I always go EMS or TNT.

I'm not in such a hurry these days to get my airsoft bits and pieces so I'm gonna check them out...right now! :P

Its fun fitting metal slides. :D

Fitting metal slides to KWA/KSC glocks is the simplest thing ever...

Unscrew parts from plastic slide, and screw them into the metal one.

Easy.

Try some other guns if you want a challange :P

Aww shucks. Anyone has a piccie of the their transfer bar spring (part #64) unconnected to the trigger transfer bar? I suspect my spring has stretched due to old age.

I glued the crack together and it seems to be holding but upon ressembly, the trigger is now really loose. I'm suspecting that because part 64 has stretched, its not holding the trigger transfer bar in the right position to engage the sear that pushes the hammer up when the trigger is pulled. In fact when cocked the trigger now feels loose instead of solidly pushed forward. I'll continue looking at it to see if the cause of the problem is something else.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived