AEP Carbine Project

Five-sEvEn

So, for my latest project, I'm going to refine my current design for a CYMA G18C based carbine

Why? Because I can! Muhahhaahahaha. My current mock up handles pretty nicely, and I really like where it's going.

There's a bit of a problem though

While I have an M4 stock attached right now, I need a better way to attach it so that it's level with the G18C slide.

I'm using the rail/muzzle thread adapter to mount everything on ish, but if someone could post and idea on how to stick an M4 stock on a G18C AEP, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, no pics until I get this part sorted out. Current mock up would make babies cry XD

If im thinking right here, you could create a backplate for the behind of the grip that you could either strap on or use the pins for the grip plates, to create a solid base that a stock tube could be set onto.

Depending on how big your hand is you may be able to make an upside down L shape that sort of extends the top of the grip backwards so it could be big enough to mount the stock to it, and also still give you access to the top slide release button.

just a thought not sure how easy it would be to do, or if you have already considered this.

Eww, I think I'll pass on using those tiny pins as base for a stock. I'd rather have my slide broken off than risk getting pins bent in there to the point where I may not be able to take out the gearbox. Thanks for the idea though...

I love the idea for the upside down L shape though! I was totally thinking of that, but the complete idea couldn't come to my mind! thanks! Hopefully I can use that!

I'm still open to more suggestions if anyone has any~ And since I have a general full idea as to how I want my project, I'll post pics tomorrow ish haha XD

Without any mock up from you it would be hard to imagine what look you're going after. We'd only throw ideas at you which you may not be looking for. Also, you specifically mentioned that you want the stock in line with the slide? Wouldn't this making sighting through the iron sights impossible? Here's my take on it. Stock attachment extension will be permanently stuck and made part of the frame using fiberglass. Vertical grip can be substituted with a top rail adapter for optics.

g18stock.jpg

@ renegadecow: Haha, throwing random ideas at me is the point of this thread! I'd like something to be removable ideally so I could convert it back to it's stock pistol form for the next day's match if necessary, but your idea sounds more practical to keep in that form. Question, How would you go about permanently affixing the fiberglass bit to the back of the pistol? And how would you go about forming the fiberglass? Would fiberglass be strong enough to hold under the L mount conditions mentioned in my last post? Also, not aiming to use iron sights. Going to use an M16 riser to get the height I need. Since I only have one mag for the gun right now (the stock 30 rounder), and I'm not sure where to obtain more cheaply, I'm going to figure that any RDS's batteries will outlast my intent to skirmish with it XD. I'm building it primarily as a plinker carbine so I won't make big holes around the house/my-room, and I don't have to worry about destroying things. Kind of like LPEGS or Boys AEG's but at a much higher quality point ^_^ As I promised, pics are coming today as soon as I wake up from my nap (still recovering from the flu D: )

@ Punkypink: Hehe, thanks for the link, but I'm all set on what the front should be already. No vert-grip for me thanks ^_^

Notes: Well the lines of my gun in my latest mock up look very nice, the sight picture is a bit high compared to the muzzle, almost feels P90-high. While that's acceptable for a field gun, it's not that great for a plinker, and Renegadecow does make a point, Can anyone give ideas for a non/semi-permanent mount for the M4 stock placed below the slide so that iron sights/optics may be viewed from the slide's rail directly? (not that I have much rail left after my front end mod...)

Hehe, thanks for the try Warning. Yes, its for GBBs so unfortunately it isn't compatible with AEP's as the hole that's inserted in to keep the stock on doesn't exist, due to space taken up by the gearbox. If that space were there, mounting something like an M4 stock would be quite a bit easier as there'd be one more point to stick stuff to!

Hehe, I've seen that before as well. Looks like a nice idea, priced way too high, and no one carries it anymore sadly. I'm pretty set on using the M4 stock (or reinforced ABS/fiberglass) since I'm cheap and those are the only things I have lying around. Right now my 7.4v 800mah 10C lipo works wonders in my G18C, so much so I wanted to start this project! I've no need or intention on buying a specific accessory to make it take an external battery. If I wanted to do that, I'd strap a battery box to my M4 stock (or available rail) and run my lipos from there! :P:flamethrower:

Edit: Actually... Anyone know how that thing is attached? Special baseplate? Pin on the top?

Also, it looks like I'm not going to get to nap today :P

It hooks into the recess on the base of the pistol grip , then has 2 pins that screw in , to lock into the holes for one of the body pins .

You could use a similar sytem to make an adapter to fit an M4 stock .

The battery could be wired in like the "big out battery lanyard" , but they sold a dummy aep battery with short wires ending in a

mini tamiya (see the pictures below on that page) also note the velcro ties that hold the battery wires on the outside of the gun.

The dummy battery was a cruder version of the adapter that you use to run the AEP off the TM Prolite (taclite with built in 1100 mAh 7.2

volt battery) one is also available in the slightly larger MP7 / Scopion battery size to run the TM MP7 off the Prolite.

Jim

A big problem in using an M4 stock is its going to have the buffer tube along with it, which is heavy. To have a semi permanent attachment point to the frame would be wobbly at best given how thin the material is on the AEPs slide. Only real way I could think of is copying Mech Tech which replaces the entire slide assembly.

Quadrail-Glockwithaccess.jpg

CCUM16Stock3smallcropped.jpg

@ gisburn: Not exactly sure how it's attached still. Would you mind showing with pictures or a diagram?

@ renegadecow: WOAH! whats that?! it almost looks sexy! XD Actually, given how thin the AEP's slide is, my current mock up is holding great and solid despite the buffer tube being mounted a good 4 inches away, from the slide, to the slide! I'll post pics once I make a photoshop mock up of how I want my gun to end up looking.

I've just bought a spare slide from someone on here, so I guess I'm free to go wild with my current slide~ I still think I'm going to continue with that L mount design though hehe~ :3

As promised here's my concept and mock up images:

Here's the project in its current, semi-usable form

27wrof4.jpg

2uo2ng5.jpg

Note that the hand guard isn't attached yet. It's a nice mating between the g36 handguard, but I've yet to build the mounting.

Also, its impossible to look out of the scope :P I just think it looks too silly without some kind of aiming device on the rail. Stock is secured (very loosely) with a 30mm scope ring. Quite solid on the glock's slide if I do say so myself.

Left the battery bag on the stock because I'm too lazy to remove it for now :P

"Render" of my concept: (thanks to the ideas from this thread!)

2jbuoti.gif2vvoq4x.gif

Mock up to assess the lines and general appearance of the project:

29qfkte.jpg

Soooo~ Aside from making all of your eyes bleed and your future childeren's nightmares consume them, what are you thoughts/ideas on the project so far? ^_^

LOLOLOL

Wow Uber AEP Project.

Meh, I love how that Hand guard looks with the Glock, but what a waste?.. A Perfictly good Fiberglass/nylon g36 handguard going onto a glock.. lol I am just sour because I need a G36 handguard. ^_^ Kinda looks like a large Deagle.

Looks very.. Interesting.. Put an Acog in place of the scope and I would like it more. lol

Edit Rember Barrel length. The Volume in the Cylinders on these isnt too much at all..

Oops XP I think I've had the extra G36 handguard for a while really. Can't remember if I posted it on my giant parts thread (which I need to re-make and update soon). The only other bits I have to cover up the ugly glock + rail would be some AK bits... but I can't see that working out well at all... After all, the trend now days seems to be, taking random G36 parts, slapping it on something and calling it done right? :P

Thanks for the advice! I knew I needed a better sight, but none of the reddots I tried on looked any good. I couldn't find a decent cell image of a small acog, so this will have to do

hu0n6e.gif

For some reason the size of the acog seems reminiscent of a blunderbuss. XP must find a pic of a small acog!

Edit: Haha. no worries about barrel length. I'm using slightly longer than stock length barrel. (the PDI 05 one). I'm not even going to try and increase the length as that'll make putting the threaded barrel on next to impossible due to the hinged take down procedure!

Edit 2: I SEE THE LARGE DEAGLE! lololololol :P Took me a while hehe~

Edit 3: just because I can never gather my thoughts in one post. This specific CA G36 handguard has been passed around a few times (on this forum even!) I believe I'm the 5th owner now. But this is the second time I've owned it (3rd and 5th owner lol). It's been painted some camo green disgusting color before it got to me the first time and it took hours upon hours to strip it of its paint by hand XP. So yes, far from perfect XP

Before I saw your idea for the front I was going to suggest using a rail mount and attaching a metal bracket that runs down the slides and around the back then one that runs from the top rail and joins the back so you get a removable stock for if you ever skirmish with it but I dont know how doable that would be with your planned front end.

@ renegadecow: LOLed hard! :rofl: But serious, I'd totally love to see what you'd be capable of!

@ evansy: I'm actually using that mount right now. Everything you see up there is basically bolted to one of those, which is, in turn bolted to my slide :P All of my mods I ever do are usually 100% reversible (not including parts specifically used to mount other parts). Not exactly sure what you mean by your stock idea though. Mind doing a quick mock up in paint or something so I can see what you mean?

Edit:

Oh and to prove how silly this thing looks without the G36 bit (and show it's already using the AEP rail system), here's a shot:

5nj4ft.jpg

Not as silly as you might think. Real 16" barrels exist for hunting.

10000_439.jpg

edit:

Linkage to the distributor. But IGB (Impulse Gun Barrels) Austria makes 'em.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=146

http://www.impulsegunbarrels.com/onlinekat...binersystem.htm

And a bunch of gun nuts talking about it.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827734

Woah... Glock hunting? Now that's something different... I like the idea of a side cocking lever for the glock though! Since my current design doesn't allow me to switch uppers very easy, I may incorporate something similar into my design now that I've seen a better picture of one!

OT:

Hmm... The barrel on the RS barrel extension doesn't really look heavy enough to produce tight enough groupings for hunting? Link to manufactures website and a possible review? :3

Archived