King Arms X47 and AK47/s

hayabusa46

The first two should never have got past the ideas stage, ghastly.

The second two, well just chuck them on the ever growing pile of AK replicas.

Though i have heard good things of KA so hopefully these will be worth the money.

'FireKnife'

Like the other respondents I am rather confused and disappointed with these latest King Arms releases.

I agree I don't think there is any need whatsoever for another vanilla AK47. I am sure King Arms will say that the AK47 has not been done in an off the shelf configuration to this standard and quality - but it's not much fuss to buy a TM 47 and stick body kit on it OR alternatively buy the beautiful Real Sword Type 56.

The X47 is rather a different kettle of fish - there isn't actually a really good replica of this weapon out there. Sure, there are a plethora of cheapsoft 'tactical' AKs, but the only true ready-made BHI/TDI X47 replica I am aware of is the rather over-priced Guns Workshop custom. Again, the X47 rail system is available separately and you could make a nice X47 replica yourself - but I think the idea of a good quality 'off the shelf' X47 would have been a great idea....Had King Arms not screwed the process up!

2372910747_cafdc120ee.jpg

Above: The real BHI/TDI Arms X47

I find it bewildering that KA did not go all the way with their X47 and seems to have deliberately omitted particular parts to make this a true X47 replica. These omissionss include:-

> Krinkov style flash hider

> Extended tactical selector switch

> Extended tactical cocking lever

> 6 stage AR crane stock

The irony is that King Arms actually makes all of these products and has them in their inventory - so why didn't they add them to their 'X47'? Without these parts their 'X47' isn't actually an X47 at all, but just another (expensive) tactical AK!

For anyone interested in an authentic NATO Spec-Ops Afghanistan or Blackwater loadout the King Arms 'X47' would have been the ideal primary AEG - but as things stand you would have to add the above items to complete the correct look.

A case of King Arms shooting themselves in the foot?

POSTSCRIPT:

As if to prove exactly what I am trying to say I came across this image from Digital Wastlands showing their marvellous (and correct) BHI/TDI X47 modded replicas. Ironically they made these out of (guess what?) KING ARMS parts!

tm-ak-06b.jpg

All i can say is that AK's only look good in the basic configurations, the usual battered up look and chipped paintwork.

AK's aren't meant to be ris'ed up things, they are a proper smashed up man's gun, with iron sights and a body made of metal and wood.

We have Armalites for this sort of thing (god awful things).

'FireKnife'

Above: The real BHI/TDI Arms X47

Don't think so. Looks like a Inokatsu/Guarder/LCT one to me. Look at the AEG pistol grip and the very light step on the bolt carrier and the style of the dimples above the magazine well - looks like LCT made.

All i can say is that AK's only look good in the basic configurations, the usual battered up look and chipped paintwork.

AK's aren't meant to be ris'ed up things, they are a proper smashed up man's gun, with iron sights and a body made of metal and wood.

We have Armalites for this sort of thing (god awful things).

'FireKnife'

Couldn't agree more!

Doesn't help that they have the wrong stock on the Ak47s. IIRC the stocks that they have on the models pictured belong on AKMS not 47S.
Yup...what were they smokin?

What's wrong with taking an AK and putting an adjustable stock on it? Along with a better sight and possibly a VFG and light? Just cause it doesn't look "cool" to you doesn't make it wrong.

ok you know those crappy little cars you get for your first car? like a little fiesta the old vw polo's or ford ibizas. You know the type work amazing, great milage, reliable in there own sexy way. Then some idot comes along stick's on a *suitcase* body kit, giant spoiler, *suitcase* seat covers, stick's in 15 tinnie sounding speakers and a exaust that sounds really loud. Then drives around playing dance music stupidly loud, you look at them drive by and you just think "what a penis". Well that is exactly whats wrong with tactical AK's.

I have nothing agaisnt the stock its the rest of the pharp they've put on it

• 1 month later...

Archived