SRC MP40 Video Preview

billytehbob

Too many MP40's we need more chinese creativity.

I'm sorry, One ancient Bellows system, one Chineese clone, one springer, and now this.... And that's two many?

A total of ONE released skirmishable MP40, with another on the way, and you're complaining of too many? I'm sure you're rather happy with the number of AK's and armalites coming out, though, aren't you? <_<

Contribute usefully or shut up.

Ze coloration ist just ze bakelite, it's in ordnung. There were bakelite und there were all black versions (I hope SRC will make all black versions too). About creativity...I must say that up until now there's has NOT been any good MP40-AEGs released. My sources say the AGM is just pure rubbish. And MP40 is really ein frisch breeze if you compare it to all the M4-variants released.

I for one will definitely buy one. It will hang casually across my shoulder wherever I go!

You can play as CIA in SouthEast Asia, mercenary in the Congo, early Bond-villain or WWII-partisan...or maybe even as Wehrmacht!

Viel spass, oder was? :P

Depending on price and if this is any good, I may consider gettign this over the AGM one. Am pretty sure there are some problems with the AGM one but they are easily fixed and considering the price is well worth it. I'll try to dig up the information.

My sources say the AGM is just pure rubbish.

Which translates as "I was told/I read on a forum it was rubbish, but i've never actually handled/used one myself" :rolleyes:

Speaking from personal experience the AGM is ok. It's certainly not great, but its not entirely "rubbish".

Which translates as "I was told/I read on a forum it was rubbish, but i've never actually handled/used one myself" :rolleyes:

Speaking from personal experience the AGM is ok. It's certainly not great, but its not entirely "rubbish".

Vell vell vell, thanks for the great info - I really like your style! You probably know a lot more than you're telling, eh?

I wonder where Guinness is, as he has an MP40 by AGM and I asked him once what it was like, can't seem to find the message at the moment though. Am just going by pure memory here.

Something to do with the Hop-Up not being that good and its best not to expect it to be accurate with out tweeking.

So just this video to go off, hmmm, would be interested if the price was no more than £250 as I think anything more than that would be a stretch (I mena £250 to buy from say WGCshop or uncompany etc, not from retailers in the uk)

The AGM is a superb gun for the money. Realistic ROF, full metal and very sturdy. Doesn't need downgrading and the only downer (very small) I can see it that the hop's a bit of a fiddle.

Used mine loads and love it.

The SRC looks pants - weak blowback and a hicap we don't need.

I think my post was misunderstood. All I meant was that there is already an AGM MP40 out and now the SRC one so there are bound to be more. I'm not at all comparing it to the amount of M4 or AK's I just would like to see a nice PPSh-41, Sten MKII and III, XM8, MG34 and 42, Bizon, PMK and an RPD.

Yes. For every single time that anybody ever made a WWII Gun, a thousand companies followed suit and did the same. <_<

Moving on to sensible matters, my sources tell me that the AGM MP40 is really a rather good gun; My sources being myself and my experience with a few of them.

little bit of fettling to get the gearbox running smoothly and they're pretty darned good. I personally prefer to mod them to full-atuo only and remove the silly switches, but that's personal preference, and I know a guy who prefers to have all of them...

In any case; Good to see more people doing WWII guns. Maybe with enough time there'll be some sort of variety in them.

I wonder what Wikipedia says on the subject?

And whats that supposed to mean?

I own two TOP MP40's and two AGM ones. All have been fettled (some more than others!) and used extensively. I think I know my way around them by now. ;)

Anyway, returning to the topic, personally I'm not much of a fan of blowback AEG's - It's just something (else) to go wrong. Wonder what happened to that MP41 they were supposed to be working on as well?

In any case; Good to see more people doing WWII guns. Maybe with enough time there'll be some sort of variety in them.

I fully agree with MDK here.

I have to say; while another MP40 is great, this is the WW2 airsoft equivalent of some company churning out 'yet another' AK or M4.

But, at the same time, one more option for the WW2-softers can't hurt, and at least the various manufacturers are still supporting that aspect of the sport.

Ben.

I could not tell from the video but I hope this one does not have a cheesy selector lever on the side as the real ones had no selector or safety of any kind other than locking the bolt back which was not something an intelligent person would trust. As far as the color goes I thought they did the Bakelite decently especially when you consider that most war time german bakelite was not consistent in color what so ever and varied from plum red to almost black.

My mates AGM MP40 had a terrible range. So out of the box, as is, was not a very easy gun to be competative with.

I would certainly buy the SRC if the quality and above all range was competative with other guns like the Cyma Thompson and what not.

Simply put, if it can't match a Thompson its a fail. ;)

Not liking the hi-cap.

So, did you spot something wrong with it the rest of us missed? Or are you one of those folks who feel the need to prove their airsoft leetness by moaning about every gun which comes with a highcap? Tell you what, when it's finally released and IF there's no provision for mids/lows, then moan (it's likely I would too...) otherwise, we don't want to know...

The gun certainly looks good on the outside, shame about the blowback - it just doesn't look good, particularly as it's only moving about an inch. If it's gonna have blowback mech, they need to do it properly or not at all...

On the subject, I usually don't like blowback mechs in AEGs but it seems very right for this one... After all, the charging handle shooting back and forth is a very visible feature of the real weapon. Providing they do it properly (and reliably) I'd welcome it...

Also GBB MP40?? How'd I miss that - or is it a classic? someone got a link?

Archived