Airsoft Megastore - False Advertising & Censorship

Greetings one and all,

Below is my experience with the Southern California based Online Airsoft MegaStore:

I purchased a midlevel AEG "Exclusive" JG M4 Carbine S-System with the Mosfet Chip. They claim it is a 2010 model and their site lists that it is Lipo Ready, this is the headline: "450 FPS NEW EXCLUSIVE 2010 JG FULL METAL M4 S-SYSTEM Carbine AEG Rifle w/ MOSFET CHIP - FB6613 - LiPO READY - 1000+ ROUNDS PER MINUTE"

So eager to pay less than 300.00 USD again for a mid-level gun that has a Mosfet Chip and Lipo ready i bought the gun. YES, YES, YES, you get what you pay for, however you figure it may shot really more like 400 or has more plastic then they say, but you don't expect to have the gears fry after the first pull of the trigger, I promptly call the store discuss it and they decided to RMA the gun, of course I had to pay the shipping back. Ok great, I must have gotten a bad gun, I will go with it at this point. When everything went south is when I began doing my homework and became very concerned when I found out that JP is really a poor build quality product based Chinese company, for all of you with Echo 1, guess who makes them.

I was told through the Tech Support email exchanges that I MUST have done something wrong like holding down the trigger too long with the Lipo Battery. Well, when I put the Lipo in for the first time, I pulled the trigger to make sure everything was groovy, and that is when I heard a pop and the gears strip. I did not hold the trigger down, also when a gun is in full auto, you hold the trigger, duh, so this email exchange let me shaking my head and that is when I knew this company was a joke.

They received the gun back and said it will take at least a or two for them to look at it and send it back. Turns out the gears were in fact stripped, again they claimed it was my fault but that they would fix it. Here is where I got totally upset, I posted a message on their forum regarding the gun, and the experience I was having because I noticed someone else having the same problems with the gun, which proved it is the gun and not the Indian. When I went back the next day to check the post and to see what the other person said, the whole thread was removed, mine and the other guys. I had the present of mind to write the email address of the other guy and I contacted privately and he checked his post, and sure enough it was gone. Needless to say he was upset.

I got the gun back on Monday, i got two Mags out it with the Lipo, and BAM, stripped gears. This gun is very nice for the short time I shot it. very accurate, but it is not Lipo ready. I emailed the company again and gave them 24 hours to make it right, ither send me a new gun without the Lipo battery or refund my money because they know they have a fraud for a gun.

Nothing, no word at all, so I emailed them back telling them i would post this experience and still nothing so here it is.

This company to first accuse me of doing something wrong, second, fraudulent advising of a gun that clearly does not live up to the billing and the final straw, Censorship of their forum, removing comments that they did not like. i will never buy a Chinese built Airsoft Gun, except for KWA, Japanese designed and built in Taiwan.

Do NOT BUY for Liars, & Cheaters, they have NO HONOR!!!, I now have a damaged gun yet again, and it is not even 30 days old, I will take it to Airsoft Extreme locally to fix it and put 9.6v or 10.8 in it, and let my kids have fun.

For me, I will b e buying KWA M4 RIS due out shortly or Systema, I have had enough of Crappy Chinese products.

"lipo ready" is a false marketing term like the "reinforced" gearboxes in CAs. ALL electric guns are lipo ready, absolutely every single one of them. just depends on which lipo you use.

a lipo is just a battery.

if you stick a 7.4v 12c battery in an LPEG, it will run fine. but if you stick an 11.1v 25c battery in a LPEG, it will implode and destroy the universe.

you were buying a stock, current generation JG M4. of course sticking an 11.1v lipo in there was going to destroy it. the "gray area" label of the gun on the website is not a lie, but its up to the digression of the user to see through false marketing terms and know what battery to truly use.

I disagree, I called them them and asked if it could handle the 11.1 prior to buying it, I would never have stuck a battery in a gun that could not handle it. It was based on their recommendation I bought it (the battery). Also when the gun went in on the first RMA< I inquired yet again if the battery was too much, I asked every question I could to avoid future damage. The tech support guys owed me the truth in the fact that this gun really was not setup to handle the 11.1 Lipo, as a matter of fact they insisted that this would work.

Agreed, I should have done more homework first, the gun was meant for my son, so, he is back to using the DPMS, a good gun for him.

They should have been Honest however, our sport, or gaming requires us to play with honor and acknowledge when we have been hit, so I would expect the same out those who sell you their product, it is not in their interest to lie, because they have lost a customer who would have spent more dollars in an economy that is hard hit, I would have purchased another gun from them for my other son, so they loose out. i will never buy from online airsoft vendors going forward, for now on, i will support the local guys even thought they cost more, they are honest guys - Airsoft Extreme gets all my gun & BB business.

Well I would love that honesty and justice thing too, but ASGI has played me a fool so many times. I ordered from them on the 8th this month, and have been having problems with them until today and it's going to keep going on and on. Last time I ordered, the problems lasted for 2 months.

I don't know why I wrote all that out... Oh well.

Just don't use Airsoft Megastore anymore.

Sorry to hear that, I thought AIGI would have been a good group. I know that most people don't have a local store but it is a good way to go. Airsoft Extreme or the guys are good, plus the store is packed all the time a very good sign plus they play in matches I do, so I will supper the local guys.

Heck I am willing to take the knock on the purchase and believing the ######, but to flat out lie to me when I asked is on them.

You said it best already, you get what you pay for. All guns are LIPO ready as has already been stated, that is not a lie. If you had purchased an Echo you would have had between a 30 and 45 day warranty. They have been excellent about replacing my echoes with little or no questions asked when I have gotten them and they broke in the first few weeks. People are too cheap to pay for the warranty Echo provides so they buy JG. JG are literally the cheapest gun that anyone would possibly skirmish with and now you are wondering why A) They don't want to help you, as you chose basically a junk gun and B) that the gun you chose died.

I am really sorry for your experience and I hope it all works out but in the end you get what you pay for, in guns and warranties.

Thanks

glock21

Thanks,

It is what is, I was hoping to pick up a gun that my son could use that won't break the bank an d than hand down the DPMS to his younger brother. They are both amazing marksman with a rifle and KWA M1911. I wanted to reward him for getting through his summer Boy Scout activities, which he did very well.

No worries, I am going to chalk it up to stupid purchasing, my stupid purchasing and I will be heading to Airsoft Extreme Thursday to pick up a KWA KM4 Carbine which I just should have done from the beginning. My oldest is 1 year away from taking part in the organized games with Sequoia Airsoft a sweet battle field in the Santa Cruz Mountain in California. http://www.sequoiaairsoft.com/

He will have a nice gun to play with and as i said he has earned top Marksmanship awards with the Scouts with a .22 and Shot gun.

Again, the part I am most upset about is being lied to and the censorship of my post and the other gentlemen's as well.

Buyer beware - cowards sell us products.

Archived