Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising

PWRRTiger16

This guy has taken all the best gameplay clips that have been officially released by Codemasters, and made an edit showcasing the video game.

Now, what's your opinions on it already?

Myself, I'm looking forward to it. I'm a huge Operation Flashpoint: Resistance fan, and I still play the game today. But I can't help feel this is going to be a little more arcade-like than the original.

Discuss.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wtf is with the wobblyness when you walk?

meh looks like BF; Bad Company - destruction.

if its anygood online ill get it for xbox, PC wise ARMA2 has stole my heart, if ARMA had a vagina iwould marry it :wub:

I think that's meant to simulate you moving with heavy equipment so you're not going to walk in a straight line. I dunno, it's something that quite my eye when I first saw it. But I'm sure the modding community will immediately sort the wobblyness out.

Modification is what I'm looking forward too, I just hope Codemasters release their tools to the public like BI Studios did.

I'm yet to purchase ArmA 2, I'm skint at the moment after buying my PC...so I guess I'll just wait till my Tax return comes in.

Apparently it's even more destructive than BF:BC. I liked BF:BC but it lacked realism, so I think this would do me the job.

what OPFP; dragon rising or ARMA is more destructive? i pressume you mean dragon rising, because though arma is pretty destructive, its more intire buildings, then chunks like BF;BC

lol im also waitign for a tax return , i bought ARMA over steam so it was a little cheaper.

The movement is way too fast though, maybe if you where running fast it would simulate it, but the guy looks like hes moving really slowly

that is truely terrible. Why are they even calling it Operation Flashpoint?

"red barrel you know what that means" :headbutt: , i mean seriously.

so basicly they fought with Bohemia interactive for years to get the rights to the title "operation flashpoint", just to butcher it.

yeah i wont be getting this, money will be going to a new super high end graphics card so i can play ARMA on epic settings

Looks ALOT like Bad company.

Honestly it's exactly the same thing that happened with Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon.

I'll still buy it... but they shouldn't of called it Operation Flashpoint

I agree, with the naming of the game. And I will buy it, because hopefully, the modding community will develop new scripts/add-ons or a complete modification like they did to OFP. A WW2 modification would be sweet.

OFP had such a large modding community because it was relatively simple to mod the game, Arma 1 & 2 use the same system and are the spiritual successors to OFP which is why means most if not all of the OFP modding community has just moved over.

OFP2 is completely unrelated to 1 by anything other than name, it uses a completely different engine, is being developed by a different team and probably hasn't been developed with modding in mind, especially as it's also being released on consoles. I highly doubt that any of the mod teams that worked of OFP or Arma1/2 will do anything for OFP2.

that is truely terrible. Why are they even calling it Operation Flashpoint?

"red barrel you know what that means" :headbutt: , i mean seriously.

so basicly they fought with Bohemia interactive for years to get the rights to the title "operation flashpoint", just to butcher it.

Did you honestly expect differently from the people behind GRID and DIRT?

OFP had such a large modding community because it was relatively simple to mod the game, Arma 1 & 2 use the same system and are the spiritual successors to OFP which is why means most if not all of the OFP modding community has just moved over.

OFP2 is completely unrelated to 1 by anything other than name, it uses a completely different engine, is being developed by a different team and probably hasn't been developed with modding in mind, especially as it's also being released on consoles. I highly doubt that any of the mod teams that worked of OFP or Arma1/2 will do anything for OFP2.

nicely summarized.

Did you honestly expect differently from the people behind GRID and DIRT?

for the title of OP:FP yes, for anything else no

these ginat game company's eh? they buy any francise that is doing well, butcher it. Everybody hates it and then 6 months later releases the game again with slightly better graphics and some so called "innovative" feature, thats been around since the SNES! (exploding barrels?, sounds like donkey kong to me) and think it's innovative and not lacking everyhing the previous title was.

Its like they got the title OP:FP, then thought "hmm what is it that makes this game great? oh i know, its the simulation and diffculty. WELL casual gamers wont like that, bad company is selling well" *copy and paste bad company*

All of these comments seem to be quite contrary to what i've read in publications, from people that have actually played the game, or rather been paid to say how 'good' it is (oh i'm such a cynic)

The engine that is uses is the same one they used for both Dirt games, the F1 games and GRID. So, modding is probably out of the question.

The engine that is uses is the same one they used for both Dirt games, the F1 games and GRID. So, modding is probably out of the question.

:blink: mmmkay, that makes alot of sense...

well, with any luck we'll see an expansion pack with the dirt vehicles to tear up the countrside... :P

I remember reading on the OFP2 forums this, and I paraphrase "This game is more of an action game than it is a realistic simulation." And somewhere, someone confirmed there will be Michael Bay Red Barrels. If you want a more realistic game, for for Arma 2, but that said, I personally found it challenging to get motivated to get through Arma 2's training in the demo.

• 1 month later...

urgh, im trying to enjoy it but the walk wobble is so crappy its putting me off.

firing a m203 using the rifle iron sights, urgh.

i just cant see the point of this game, its not a "mil-sim" game like ARMA and its not a fast pace shooter like COD.

the "tactical move system" is from brothers in arms.

i really am searching hard to find a reason to like this game, i just dont think it does anything well enough or anything originally enough for me to enjoy it :/

Im undecided as yet, i'm still playing ArmA2 alot and it would need to be something special to take me away from the teamplay and fun you can sometimes have on there. However, i will be getting a copy, as its included as a freebie with the new i5 computer system i've ordered so will report when i've had a chance to play it.

That developer walkthrough looks terrible. Like the *bramston pickle* child of Ghost Recon and Halo or something. That part where he gets hit in the head and leg and still is able to transition and shoot his enemy was rubbish.

I remember on OP:F how the game actually made me feel fear. I remember how huge it was and alone I was. I remember the sniper mission in ARMA and how slow, but tense that was.

Dunno, looks fun enough to me :) Guess I don't play enough shooters... Depending on reviews, I'll probably get this, after I've played the first one.

Didn't look like you could set the guns to semi either, something I like about Battlefield 2 and its mods.

Stu.

Archived