WE GBB PDW

IBICO

I know there's been lots of talk about the KAC PDW coming out for airsoft. We've had the VFC version followed by Dboy's PDW and Echo 1's rebranded "RDW". But those are AEGs... But since we at GGI is a gas guns forum :-) Here's what WETTI has to offer.

CNC machined upper

p1010105f.jpg

p1010108gbp.jpg

Close up of the golf ball dimpled barrel

p1010106a.jpg

p1010109x.jpg

A shot of the rear of the upper receiver

p1010107j.jpg

more images to follow later here: http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1546

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they will have to lower the price lower than the Scar. Because of the natural popularity of the PDW and it is the first GBB version too. So there should be little competition with the AGM/JG/WA/G&P GBBs.

But if they want to have a competition with the DBoys PDW. The price should be interesting.

Damn i don't think i have money for another WE GBB.

Wow.

:bounce:

I can hardly wait for this. I liked the VFC as soon as I saw it, but it was a little too pricey for me. Then the Dboys/KAC versions, which is more like my budget, so I was thinking of getting one the other night. Good job I didnt. I wonder though, the propriatory magazines are smaller than those of the normal armalite series, so will they hold many shots? Also I wondered whether the M4/scar magazines will fit, as I am sure that I read that the aeg M4 magazines will fit in the KAC pdw, which would be great for those who own one of the above already as they will then straight away have extra mags at thier disposal. I really like the way that WE are coming out with some really nice guns, and it is also really good to see them listening to thier end customers and responding to thier concerns, a really nice bit of customer liason. I can see them costing me a small fortune! Now hurry up wetti people, stop reading this and hurry up and release these and those Browning Hi Powers that you are doing, go! :D

just wondering, what is this hype with the pdw? it is a very practical choice since it combines the features modern day gun has like the stock, sights rails and ambi stuff, but i just dont like the looks of it, did a game or something make this gun famous?

its very sleek, light , and you can work this gun faster than an M4 in "combat".............and you are not running around with a mp5K just to have a small gun.

And no....I dont mean real combat...just nerdcombat for chubby nerds as myself;)

just wondering, what is this hype with the pdw? it is a very practical choice since it combines the features modern day gun has like the stock, sights rails and ambi stuff, but i just dont like the looks of it, did a game or something make this gun famous?

It is indeed quite unusual. Usually, airsoft models only gain popularity after they've been seen in use with some high speed spec-ops unit. However, afaik the most publicity this gun has received is when it was featured in an episode of "Future Weapons".

The PDW is pretty much an improved M4 with all the goodies most people want in a package that's really light. It's also good looking too.

Ver 2 compatibility + M4 mag compatibility + folding stock + good looks & Unique + KAC = Highly liked in airsoft.

kinda unrealistic if it takes regular 5,56 magazines ..

well to forgo a little bit of realism just to make sure you don't segment the market is the logical business decision. Last thing WETTI wants is to force their customers to having to buy different types of magazines considering that would make many a dissatisfied customer.

Right. Why not let the people who want practicallity to use m4 mags, but also let those that want realism to use only PDW mags?

those who want realism don't like a PDW that is out of spec .. the receiver of the RS version is shorter than a regular M4 lower, so are the magazines.

you can't use AR15 mags in a PDW and you can't use PDW mags in your M4.

those who want realism don't like a PDW that is out of spec .. the receiver of the RS version is shorter than a regular M4 lower, so are the magazines.

you can't use AR15 mags in a PDW and you can't use PDW mags in your M4.

Fair point, though no one knows the exact dimensions of a real PDW. Perhaps a AR15 mag will "fit" in a PDW, at least length wise.

For me, it's a good compromise, but I can see your dilemma.

Archived