First and Only: Drakelow Tunnels

Voodoo1

Latest site from First and Only

F&O bring you there newest site Drakelow tunnels

The site consists of 250,000 sq ft of tunnels and some very cool woodland on top with two entrances

this is one of the most exiting sites wev'e ever opend .

Heres the official site link http://www.stokes277.freeserve.co.uk/

and some cool pics i found http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/d/drakelow/rw.html

The first day will be on the 30th Aug then bi-weekly from then onwards ..

As usual we will have full facilites on site inc stock ,food (inc in price ) etc

usual urban prices £30 non members £25 members this includes food .

Hire is £15 inc all eqipment- gun and mag of bbs .

You will need a torch on this one as some areas are dark and we like it that way .

more info to be found on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakelow_Tunnels

sounds amazing... B)

Here are some pictures that we took on our preliminary visit to look at this site. The caves are in the woodland. It's not 100% whether these will come up to health and safety standards, but fingers crossed they check out because they would be a fantastic addition to the site.

Sorry for the under exposure in some of the pics, it is darker than a very dark place down there!!

post-25117-1250630093_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630100_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630105_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630111_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630117_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630123_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630131_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630061_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630067_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630072_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630078_thumb.jpg

post-25117-1250630084_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures, I can't wait to get a gun in my hand and run around this place.

Chris

This looks brilliant... I'm gonna have to do a trip to this site soon, and the Mall, and the Nakatomie Tower, and the Asylum... etc etc

Slightly off topic, how many sites do First and Only have now? 6 or 7? They must have a ridiculous number of staff...

I'm jealous of you UK players who can reap the benefits of such abandoned places.

Yeah, with the real estate prices we have, that *suitcase* would never, ever fly over here either. ~____~

We currently have:

Bolton Woodland

Heywood (Huddersfield) Woodland

The Academy (Rochdale) Urban

Matlock Woodland

The Asylum (Kidderminster)

Nakatomie (Coventry) Urban

The Mall (Reading) Urban

and now the Tunnels as well :)

I'm sure there's a few more hidden in the pipeline too...

Staff wise we don't run every site every week and we tend to have a North/South split between who does where...

We currently have:

Bolton Woodland

Heywood (Huddersfield) Woodland

The Academy (Rochdale) Urban

Matlock Woodland

The Asylum (Kidderminster)

Nakatomie (Coventry) Urban

The Mall (Reading) Urban

and now the Tunnels as well :)

I'm sure there's a few more hidden in the pipeline too...

Staff wise we don't run every site every week and we tend to have a North/South split between who does where...

How about the Bingo Hall in Reading?

Surely its part of 'The Mall' site?

Do you guys have any downloadable floorplans for The Mall?

The 2 are not connected together so no. As for floor plans I have produced a 3d floor plan which i have been attempting to get into Left 4 Dead, so while not as usefull as a normal blueprint it does give you a reasonable idea of the size of the site....

ignore the commentary.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3474/373565...1f4c4e2b3_o.jpg

This is just the basement level which is the largest of the 3, followed by the shop level then the 1st floor.

As to the Tunnels: I am so looking forward to the opening game. I think this will be one of the rare occasions our team will use radios as i figure one of us will end up lost in the 4miles of tunnel.

The 2 are not connected together so no. As for floor plans I have produced a 3d floor plan which i have been attempting to get into Left 4 Dead, so while not as usefull as a normal blueprint it does give you a reasonable idea of the size of the site....

ignore the commentary.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3474/373565...1f4c4e2b3_o.jpg

This is just the basement level which is the largest of the 3, followed by the shop level then the 1st floor.

As to the Tunnels: I am so looking forward to the opening game. I think this will be one of the rare occasions our team will use radios as i figure one of us will end up lost in the 4miles of tunnel.

4 miles of tunnels will present an extreme challenge to even the best and most powerful radios available to us!

Archived