King Arms 2009 Troy M7A1

chownsy

I hope it works better than the lemon I got from them (though, that wasn't the "2009" model). Is the only difference between this new model and the previous model the lower receiver markings and regular STANAG instead of the PMAG? :huh:

Edit: Forgot the "img" tags.

I hope it works better than the lemon I got from them (though, that wasn't the "2009" model). Is the only difference between this new model and the previous model the lower receiver markings and regular STANAG instead of the PMAG? :huh:

Edit: Forgot the "img" tags.

Don't believe the hype Bro-as you noted there are only 2 things different. I love King Arms accesories but wouldn't buy an AEG from them.

Makes sense for the changes.

Before, this year I believe, the RS Troy M7A1 package came with a Magpul MIAD grip and was only available in 5.56mm NATO; available in either all black or black and fde configuration. Troy's pictures was always with a Magpul Pmag. Apparently that's what King Arms made their 2008 replica based on.

This year however RS Troy package differs from before in a few little ways. It now has a Tango Down Battle Grip instead of a Magpul MIAD, uses Troy's new VFG instead of a Tango Down VFG and most of all it is now available in either 5.56 NATO or 6.8 SPC. All of Troy's M7A1 picture are shown with a standard magazine. So King Arms' 2009 M7A1 is base on those pictures and currently available product from Troy.

I kinda of tick off though. King Arms first says only 500 limited edition pieces in black. Then 300 limited edition pieces in FDE and also because they are so hot another batch of 200 limited edition pieces in black. And now they will release an updated 2009 version of a "limited edition" aeg. I don't know about you but when an item is marketed as "limited edition", for me it means when it is sold out, it is gone. Doesn't mean wait until next year so we can update it with externals and release it again.

I'll probably never buy a whole aeg from King Arms again, my 2008 M7A1 s***ed pretty bad. I shot literally 10 cycles and my spring guide broke.

Likely only a result of Magpul's lawyers owning KA.

I don't how that would be seeing how the 2008 M7A1 was a collaboration between King Arms and Magpul PTS.

I'll probably never buy a whole aeg from King Arms again, my 2008 M7A1 s***ed pretty bad. I shot literally 10 cycles and my spring guide broke.

GOD FORBID!!! A broken spring guide, may as well trash the whole gun. :(

GOD FORBID!!! A broken spring guide, may as well trash the whole gun. :(

That among other things, like how my cylinder had damage that was completely though the cylinder which then *fruitcage*ed up my piston and piston head or how the gear set went to the dumper after I replace the spring guide, piston, piston head and cylinder. All before I even played a game.

My personal experience with King Arms aeg is pretty bad so for. Maybe I got a *fruitcage* really bad lemon. Or that I'm just cursed. Maybe I'll try again with their SR15E3.

I've put about 20 mags through mine just plinking in the garden waiting for the weekender, no problems so far. You may have had a lemon.

Im going to get a new piston, piston head, m100 spring and a tightbore after the weekender though, ive heard the piston and piston head are particularly bad on the M7A1, indeed the fps seems a little low on mine.

Personally im happy that the 2009 model is different, because i bet it wont be any cheaper than the 2008 model and the externals dont look as nice imo.

Im happy i got the nicer one before its too late.

Darkchild

I have a team mate with a currently dead 2008 model, first time out using it he stripped the piston, changed that and then stripped the next one within 1000 rounds, fitted another new one and within another 1000 rounds he had a bearing bushing go which destroyed his gears, stripped another piston and smashed the piston head.

I honestly don't think KA produced the gearbox to run on the 11.1 Lipo it came with, not very impressive considering the price tag :(

hey guys new here, and my M7A1 just took a dump last weekend, opened it up testerday, and found the anti reversal latch spring broke, piston was stripped, part of the o-ring from the cylinder head was in the cylinder-weird, and the gearbox shell is starting to crack, so I am sending an extra Systema M120 gearbox to AWS so they can install a sentry mosfet, i think that should fix my problems, the externals on the M7A1 are GREAT but the gearbox really something to be desired, AND the magpul PTS stock broke the little nub that holds the stock in each position brobe off, but Magpul is either fixing it or repairing it as we speak, later guysgood to be here, phatkid

I own a 2008 Troy M7A1, usually I open the box before I shoot a single round.

Shimming was close to perfect, plenty of lube on gears too.

Piston looks really crappy but mine's still working... lubed the rails too

Replaced damn full cylinder with a ported one to get some mercy on gearbox.

Put in some stronger spring, no idea which make...

Installed a mosfet in stock tube

trashed the hopup unit, must have been a lemon, put in a G&P one

else all stock :D

works nice at 360 fps, will see how durability goes with time... so far only a few hundred shots went through...

Archived