DYTac QD Tracer Unit w/ Flashhider

uscmCorps

Dynamic Tactical, aka DYTac, has just released their own version of the Tracer unit.

TracerReadyFrontPagecopy.jpg

More product info here

The Tracer Unit is built into a black DYTac M4 2000 QD Suppressor and comes with one of four different flashhiders.

It's powered by four AAA Batteries which are included.

The flashhiders are all 14mm CCW.

The only place that I've seen it available so far is at WGCShop.com. Priced at US$90 for each of the styles of Tracer + flashhider:

DYTAC QD Tracer w/ SCAR Flash Hider ( 14mm- / Black )

DYTAC QD Tracer w/ Phantom Flash Hider ( 14mm- / Black )

DYTAC QD Tracer w/ Tri-Lug Flash Hider ( 14mm- / Black )

DYTAC QD Tracer w/ M4 2000 Flash Hider ( 14mm- / Black )

I LOVE the fact that this thing is built around the idea of the user being able to keep the included flashhider that comes with the set on the gun for regular day to day use, and when the need arises, they just screw on the Tracer unit right onto the flashhider. That's bloody brilliant and I have no idea why no one's done that before.

I've bought DYTac's Flashhiders and QD suppressors in the past and the quality has always been the best out there. I can't wait to get one of these Tracer Units to try out. More info as I get it. ;)

Do you know if DyTac has any plans to make other tracer units? Perhaps a KAC version? I was thinking about wedging a TM tracer into a VFC KAC silencer but this would be a much better option.

That's one of the questions I asked. Like you, I also really like the KAC QD Suppressor style. Fingers crossed! ;)

in the meantime, DYTac completely sold out of their first production run of these silencers. I *think* WGCShop might be the store that bought them all up. The second production batch is already underway, so if you don't see these also available at other stores within the week, I imagine you will see them relatively soon after.

REALLY don't like the design of that tracer. Hopefully they'll bring a few more styles out..

The AAC suppressor is a style that grew on me. I wasn't a fan of it at first (a year ago), but I actually quite like it now. Anyway, here's hoping more styles like the KAC QD Suppressor is made.

Very neat idea although ive got to admit the concept of attaching a suppressor to attain muzzle flash or a tracerlike effect is a little weird. :)

All in all, for Airsoft purposes i think its a REALLY neat product.

Very neat idea although ive got to admit the concept of attaching a suppressor to attain muzzle flash or a tracerlike effect is a little weird. :)

All in all, for Airsoft purposes i think its a REALLY neat product.

If I could, I'd rather go with the modified, tracer equipped hop-up chamber.

But I don't think I could do it correctly...knowing me, I'd screw it up somehow. :P

-Vic

Another detail to clarify that it looks like WGCShop got wrong is that installing the suppressor/tracer onto the Flashhider does NOT automatically turn the suppressor on. There is an ON/OFF switch that needs to be activated beforehand (which is probably for the best).

Did they make the silencer fatter to accept the tracer unit?

Regarding the size of the tracer unit, the diameter is the same as their regular suppressor replicas. The length however is a little longer by 1" than their regular QD suppressor in order to accommodate both the tracer unit internals and the length of the flashhider (which is pretty long compared to the standard M4 Flashhider).

at $90 for the Dytac it is probably not much in it. I would certainly wait for others to test them before wasting that amount of cash on it.

To be fair, a non-tracer DYTac Suppressor normally costs $58, a QD Flashhider normally costs $24 which totals to $82. From what I understand, the internals are supplied by the ACM supplier that's been making the new ACM Tracer units (which retails for $35 and I believe are clones of the most excellent new TM Tracer). At $90, it's actually a pretty competitive price if it performs as well as the original TM Tracer Unit did.

uscmCorps, do you know if dytac is gonna release those without the flash hider? (I already bought their Phantom)

Don't know. I'll ask.

Tell them too please PLEASE make a KAC version, preferably one as nice as the newer G&P replica.

I would also like that to happen. I most certainly will ask them again to reinforce the idea.

If I could, I'd rather go with the modified, tracer equipped hop-up chamber.

But I don't think I could do it correctly...knowing me, I'd screw it up somehow. :P

A couple aftermarket airsoft companies (who will remain anonymous for now) are working on their versions of the tracer equipped hop-up chamber. So that should be very interesting to see when it comes out.

In the meantime, I'd very much like to see someone do a tutorial on how to modify the KAC style suppressors to accept the new TM Tracer units.

uscmCorps while people are talking about alternative suppressors, how about suggesting that they make a replica of the Surefire FH556-212A :)

It would blow away the UK market, doesn't necessarily have to be a tracer unit.

Good question. I'll ask. It makes a lot of sense considering DYTac made both SF muzzle brakes/ Flashhiders already and they are 100% accurate with trademarks. Doing the suppressor seems like a logical transition for their product line.

As evidenced in this thread, the KAC suppressor would be another hot ticket item. And it'd be awesome if they could make a truly accurate KAC TTB to go with it as no one has accomplished that yet (VFC is the closest so far).

Edit: just took a look at the SF can. It's really short. They probably can't design it to be QD and also a tracer unit as there's just not enough length to it. They could make a SF can with foam in it like most regular replicas and it'd be QD onto the SF Flashhiders. They could make a SF can that's actually a tracer but it'd probably have to directly screw onto the barrel's 14mm threads. But I don't think you can have both as with the above AAC style tracers they're offering.

Good question. I'll ask. It makes a lot of sense considering DYTac made both SF muzzle brakes/ Flashhiders already and they are 100% accurate with trademarks. Doing the suppressor seems like a logical transition for their product line.

Chap, can you post up here DYTac's response on the SF556 suppressors? I have a friend working on copying one for me (And a few others) but would prefer a factory made version especailly if it works with the flashhider.

Spoke to them about both the SF and KAC QD Cans.

They're certainly interested in doing it as well as the KAC QD Suppressor. The biggest problem with the SureFire Suppressor is that they don't have any info on how it works, the sizing etc. I think they were looking for a dummy/demo model to replicate but are coming up empty. Does anyone have accurate measurements and visual details for them? The KAC Can probably won't be a problem considering both VFC and G&P have made excellent replicas of them for DYTac to reference off.

uscmcorps these websites proved a good reference for me:

Sizing info: Here

Review, sizing info and more pictures: Here

More info: Here

Youtube clip showing attachment and flash hider fitting: Here

The M4 Carbine forums also has a load of info in it about them.

The surefire cans are pretty short...it will probably be very noticeable for them to get all the guts in there.

Archived