Gundam Gun

renegadecow

Long story made short, a friend of mine wanted me to make him a sci-fi gun out of his MP5K. This was way back in January. The problem is that he changes his mind like a fish changes direction in water so the actual design never took shape and stagnated into a muddy puddle of ideas. I made the HERA and he grew kinda ###### so he gave me the go ahead in deciding just what it was that he wanted. :huh: OK. Quick looksie into the interwebs and I fish this out:

106824377_be16f2687e.jpg

107094077_1627a0ca6e.jpg

Its a gun loosely called ORE-GUN 3 which is a number from a set done up by some guy named Windfall. He produced several other sets ranging from whole custom mobile suit designs to small arms for Gundam mostly. These never appeared officially in any series and are more like adaptations made by a famous artist. Why the ORE-GUN 3 is because it matches most of the criteria demanded for the build. It was given the thumbs up except that I omit the magazine sticking upwards in the back.

Simple prop up. Two halves glued with a tube positioned for looks.

100_1635.jpg

100_1637.jpg

Base partially done with modified M4 hi-cap magazine mocked up.

100_1643.jpg

100_1648.jpg

SPAS stock? Looked fine for me but my friend is cheap; won't fork up any more dough.

100_1653.jpg

100_1656.jpg

Drum mag catch done.

100_1661.jpg

Material is PVC. The blue kind behaves similar to ABS but a little tougher. Orange variety is relatively weaker but I made up for it in wall thickness (4mm drum mag). I'll post the gun when its painted as it won't be done by me, but who knows really when that will be. The original (see first pic) is a 3 color scheme of gun metal gray, dark gray, and light gray.

edit:

I'd also like to add that all this was done without the help of a Dremel. My rotary tool broke down after making the HERA so you could imagine the nightmare of having to go through details manually. Power tools used were a jigsaw, drill, and angle grinder just to speed up the process.

I really am impressed, your making me want to go out and buy some PVC and have a good tinker with it..

What sort of glue do you use? and do you use a fairing compound to smooth all the surfaces out?

Also, can we get a photo of it assembled with the SPAS-12 stock :P that looks epic

I foresee a PulseRifle build being rather easy.... :D

Eh?

100_0401.jpg

100_0403.jpg

But yeah, that too was a project for someone else (which is also why its in silver, an officers model apparently. Green was for the grunts). A mans gotta eat. For things that I do for myself out of fun, at the top of my head there's the M22. I've stopped using it unfortunately since the GBB bug bit me. However I am trying to figure out how to install WE SCAR internals in it.

What sort of glue do you use? SPAS-12 stock

I use 888 Greco, an industrial grade cyanoacrylic adhesive. I'll mock up the stock back on when the paintjobs done.

ask for a tutorial or the sheet with sizes and shape of the pieces :P

A lot of the parts I made for this one I made on the fly (measure once, cut twice <_< ) so I can only give you rough measurements until I get my hands on it again. You could start from sheet PVC or make your own by first flattening sections of pipe. As for how to manipulate the pieces, its all just a matter of cutting out the flat parts and gluing them together; not very different from model making actually except that you have to make the parts first.

you should house some small RDS in the front hood.

I know. I kept telling that to my friend arguing that the 'real' thing is supposed to house a camera seeing as you can't possibly aim through it with that giant magazine in the way and a RDS would be the best analog for human use. Says he'll consider it on a later date. <_<

That's awesome, I love your work. The Spas stock looks ace, but I can also appreciate your friend's thriftiness. I never really expected to see an Mp5K used like that. You know what would be really ace? A Spectre M4.

Do you mean to use for the build or to make a custom airsoft version? Because they already make those

Do you mean to use for the build or to make a custom airsoft version? Because they already make those

See below. V

correction, they did make the spectre M4. it's only available as a classic if you can find it ;)

Aye. I was thinking of an AEG custom though. I've seen one before, but the more the merrier.

Archived