WE GBB M14, HK416

Shorty-swe

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you scroll down on that link posted in the OP you can get linked to a youtube account that has some videos of what appear to be the WE products and other things too.

Amongst other things,

, who should not be allowed to handle weapons... EVER.

Whether or not they are licensed is a minor concern.

If they are, and the price will be a bit higher, will be offset by the presence of trademarks on the gun.

If the guns are not licensed this means that the guns will be cheaper, and probably only carry the "Safe/Semi/Auto" engravings on the lower receiver. This can however be mended to a rather low cost by visiting a local engraver and supplying your own desired artwork.

Whether or not they are licensed is a minor concern.

If they are, and the price will be a bit higher, will be offset by the presence of trademarks on the gun.

If the guns are not licensed this means that the guns will be cheaper, and probably only carry the "Safe/Semi/Auto" engravings on the lower receiver. This can however be mended to a rather low cost by visiting a local engraver and supplying your own desired artwork.

I was really more concerned about the rights of the original manufacturers TBH.

WE makes a fuss about people ripping off their design and I find it kinda ironic that they then make copies of guns which could probably be protected in much the same way Magpul weapons are.

This doesn't apply to the M4 since the design has been legally defined as an "open source".

New and original as it is, and certainly worthy of applause, I can't help but feel that personally I'd find a 7.62x51mm rifle replicated in airsoft GBBr form a bit of a let down.

+1

I don't see why the 416 can't have trades if WE can put engraved trades on their M14.

Well I'd have thought it would be obvious to be honest, but to me (emphasis that this is just my opinion, nothing more), a weapon that's meant to fire 7.62 NATO with felt recoil that's (arguably) got the felt recoil of something like a .22 would be a bit odd. In 5.56mm weapons like the M4, the WE/WA GBBr systems do at least feel slightly realistic, since 5.56 barely has any kick to it anyway, but there won't be any illusion of that in an M14, especially since it will likely weigh an awful lot so there will be even less of an effect from the system than normal. They may have a different system in mind for this, obviously I don't know, but I doubt it.

Archived