Chinese Kimber, PTW and MG42

Praying Mantis

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Railed Kimber thingy looks fairly ugly as ever. I wouldn't mind a good review of the MG42 when its out though. Not sure which I prefer 34 or 42 - if they both came out at some point then I'd have a hard time deciding between the two. But then I shan't have to make that decision for quite a long time now seeing as how its mostly just Vaporware surrounding them... <_<

*Sigh*

You don't see hundreds of A&K M249s, M60s etc, do you?

You don't see hundreds of Thompsons, MP44s, MP40s or KAR98K, do you?

Not only is the MG42 a niche gun in that it will only appeal to SAW gunners, but it is further buried in another niche by being a WWII-style weapon.

The likelihood of there being hundreds of them roaming your fields when there are more modern SAW-style weapons available seems fairly slim.

*Sigh*

You don't see hundreds of A&K M249s, M60s etc, do you?

You don't see hundreds of Thompsons, MP44s, MP40s or KAR98K, do you?

Not only is the MG42 a niche gun in that it will only appeal to SAW gunners, but it is further buried in another niche by being a WWII-style weapon.

The likelihood of there being hundreds of them roaming the fields when there are more modern SAW-style weapons available seems fairly slim.

As the MG42 design is still widely used and being ACM it will be reasonably priced, I think that you'll see quite a few once it's released. I hope it sells by the crateload - then we might start to see some WW2 that we actually need like a Garand, LE, decent k98 and maybe even a Bren <whimpers of hope> or an affordable BAR.

Fingers crossed that the PTW will be good, unlike the Celcius one. I'm not holding my breath though, i need cheap spares!

Army GBB's are really meant to be quite decent.

OT, but what's wrong with the CTW? One of our local guys has one and the only problem he had was a bad cylinder.

That Kimber does interest me. How does Army GBBs fare against KSC/KWA?

The likelihood of there being hundreds of them roaming your fields when there are more modern SAW-style weapons available seems fairly slim.

Having lugged around an Ultima MG42 for WW2 Airsoft and an M249 for modern Airsoft, the most comfortable to drag around an Airsoft site (not to mention downright practical to use!) of the two is the 249. Needless to say, Airsofters being Airsofters, I can guarantee that quite a few of these MG42s will be sold, used once, then flogged on.

Yes you do sadly :(

Really? I rarely see more than 3 in a group of 50 or so players on site. As gearboxes in bodykits go theres little to no advantage to carrying a support gun.

As QQexDERA said, an MG42 is an entirely different kettle of fish to an M249. Its truely massive, and for most people will be a one use or wall hanging piece.

I made a topic on this a while ago but I find (perhaps it's just a personal gripe of mine) there are a lot more support weapons on the field than there every used to be.

One of the things that initially attracted me to WWII airsoft is the fact there are very few support weapons, apart from the few the guys on CiA have knocked up, which makes in my opinion for very interesting game play (esp the no firing support guns unless deployed - great idea). I can't disagree that more of these knocking about would be cool to look at, I just think when there are loads of them in play it sort of strangles gameplay and I'd be worried that would happen to the CiA games too now.

PS - I know the general reply will now be "but they're massive and weigh a tonne" but I'd assume this will probably be aluminium and thus will probably clock in at about 6-7kg which isn't that much really. I personally think these should stay rare, and I know lots of people also like to say "why shouldn't I be allowed to have one just because I can't afford the ultima" but life is like that isn't it? You can't have everything and I think it'll lose it's cool appeal. (Note - I'm not some bitter and twisted Ultima owner or anything like that)

As an earlier post said, a lot of people will bu an MG422 because they're a good looking piece of kit that you use in modern and WW2 and a lot of these will be skirmished once and sold on. It's a big gun that only really works if you're prepared to play in a 'proper' support weapon role rather than the 'big AEG wit 3k mag' that most people seem to use a 249 for.

These will undoubtedly crop up at the WW2 events and I don't see this as a bad thing. Allied support weapons are almost non-existent and it won't hurt to have a few as 'captured weapons'. Also (no disrespect to the spray n' pray hicappers out there), WW2 players will use this as a support weapon-proper and we won't see dozens of them at Gunman or CiA events.

Now can the ACM factories do us a Bren and some Lee Enfields?

Archived