CAGE Fibua Sites

Shriven

CAGE IS CHANGING.....

Guys we have some simply amazing news which will need us to restructure the way that CAGE works. All of you will know that over the last couple of years CAGE has grown massively bringing on numerous CAGE WOODLAND Sites through the Ministry of Defence.

CAGE at this time has 5 main woodland sites in Kent these are:

ACRISE WOODS

300 acres of Chestnut woodland situated within a shallow valley

PILLARS WOODS

420 Acres of mixed wood separated in two parts by a narrow crossing between two fields

MEREWORTH WOODS

A Massive 1000 acres site situated just outside Maidstone with superb facilities, a huge variation of woodland types, roads and even a working helicopter pad.

REINDEEN WOODS

A 500 acre Woodland site with numerous concrete bunkers, roads and tracks

PARSONAGE WOODS

Our smallest site at 200 Acres of woodland (formerly part of the artillery range) and as such extremely broken terrain.

This sites are now coming under the banner of ”CAGE WOODLAND” the day to day running of these sites are staying pretty much as normal. Game play will be a mix of standard, battlesim and themed days and weekends. For walk-ons these will stay with our normal turn up and play booking in system.

THIS IS WHERE THINGS GET REALLY EXCITING....

CAGE are launching our new division “CAGE FIBUA”. This is an amazing step forward for us and thanks to the hard work of both the Mark’s we are pleased to announce the launch of four new sites.

These sites are part of the Army’s current FIBUA’s training programs and as such have some extremely high security procedures that we have to keep to. Firstly I’m going to tell you about the sites but these sites.

SERIAL 20 (HYTHE MILITARY RANGES)

Built for Northern Ireland Training this is a complete village including streets with houses, shops and pubs. There is a network of roads with roundabouts. Here is a few pictures to wet your appetite. These events will need to booked via the CAGE FIBUA booking system and rules.

LYDDEN BUNKERS

This site has been used for the last couple of years by CAGE as a FIBUA site and consists of several roomed bunkers previously used as armoury and ammo storage. Although we all know and love this site the Army is extensively altering the site in 2009/2010 so as they can conduct Afgan training. As such they are turning the bunkers into FOB’s (Forward Operating Base). What there actually doing is putting in HESCO walls and trench systems plus fortifying the bunkers themselves putting in roof access and sandbag walling the roofs. The Booking system for this site will remain the same as previously.

SERIAL 40 (LYDD RANGES)

Although similar to SERIAL 20, SERIAL 40 is on a slightly larger scale and is modelled on a Northern Ireland Housing estate. These events will need to booked via the CAGE FIBUA booking system and rules.

CONT IN NEXT POST.

THE REDOUBT

Orginally built as a napolonic fort it was extensively remodel by the War Ministry during the two world wars for anti aircraft batteries and costal defence. Later on this fort was again remodelled to provide the army’s FIBUA pistol training. We will be using this site for evening pistol and shotgun games. These events will need to booked via the CAGE FIBUA booking system and rules.

RIPE VILLAGE (LYDD TRAINING CAMP)

One of the UK’s Largest FIBUA training sites with over 300 buildings, This was built by the Army for Northen Ireland Training and was to simulate an entire town and suburbs. Based within the “town” is Richmond Fort a simulated army base within the town complete with walled compands and gaurd towers. These events will be limited on this site due to the frequency of military and counter terrorist training that is conducted on them, as such we will be holding two weekend events per year on this massive site. These events will need to booked via the CAGE FIBUA booking system and rules.

CAGE FIBUA BOOKING IN SYSTEM AND ACCESS RULES:

These additional rules have been set by the MOD, there are NO negotiations on them. If you don’t like them, then I am afraid you won’t be able to come to these events.

1. All Participants must be booked onto the event a minimum of 7 days in advance giving full name and address. This information will then be passed onto the MOD for security checks. If for any reason you do not pass the security check will not be allowed to enter the site/camp

2. The Gates to the FIBUA sites will be open to us between 8:15am to 9:15am All players will need to ensure that arrive on site during this time. Failure to do so will result in you being refused entry.

3. On arrival on site you will need to produce Photo ID either in the form of a Driving Liecence or passport. The Photo ID must be government issued.

4. NO CAMERA’s or MOBILE PHONES are allowed on site. This a security thing that they have insisted on. However I have agreed that you can hand in your mobile phones to CAGE on the gate where we will keep them locked up for the day.

5. All participants and vehicles will be searched on arrival to the site. This is to ensure you or your vehicle are not a security risk.

As I have said these security procedures have been put into place by the MOD as these are all active ARMY training sites. If you are not happy with them, then don’t come.

Our first game will be on the 31st October 2009 full details will be going up on to it’s own section of the forum.

CAGE as for a number of years provided quality woodland airsoft gaming, now we have some of the best CQB/FIBUA sites in the uk.

Cheers all

For more information on the booking system and dates, check THE CAGE FORUMS

Teetee, aye, they're all in the Hythe/Lydd range complex, apart from the Lydden site, which is near, you guessed it, Lydden :) That one isn't much at the moment, but it sodding well will be once they build the FOB on it :D

No, you just need to email the CAGE hotmail address ( CAGEAirsoft@hotmail.com) with your name, and full address. Then you can pay the £10 deposit either by cheque made payable and addressed to CAGE Airsoft @ UNIT 8-9 SHORNCLIFFE IND EST. NORTH CLOSE. FOLKESTONE. CT20 3UH.

We DO have a paypal address, but it's not fully set up yet, so wait out, and check the thread for updates: As soon as it's ready to go, I'll give the word.

Do not forget that if you are booking several people at once, you need their name and full address to, and if you are paying their deposit, you need to make sure you tell us who you're paying for: If your name is not down, and your deposit is not paid, you're not coming in, and it's out of our control! The Army will have their set list, and will stick to it like glue.

HI guys I sent my paypal payment for two people yesterday to the hotmail address on the cage forums, Shriven said today that the paypal address isn't fully up and running yet, although it went through ok. Mark W was the recip name.

A good idea would be to generate a confirmation email to say that your now on the list etc once the paypal payment has gone through!

I find it kinda ironic that the bases based on northern irish estates and such have a higher degree of security than actual bases here in norther ireland...

Still the redoubt looks pretty *fruitcage* epic but the pistol/shotgun only events dosnt really suit my taste =/

As you'll likely have noticed, the pictures have been pulled, at the request of the Army: Due to the nature of these sites, we've been asked to NOT post pictures or exact locations.

However, rest assured the game will STILL happen on the 31st, however, we will have to email those who have booked with coordinates.

While I realise this makes it somewhat difficult to choose whether you want to come or not, there's very little we can do. We've only been told this today, and are trying to come to an arrangement with the units involved...

In the meanwhile, I hear google maps is quite interesting to look at over the Hythe ranges area.

Or, if you don't like google, this man likes to take very interesting aerial shots of the beautiful Hythe area.

http://www.jasonhawkes.com/

*whistles and awaits a bunch of para pathfinders to dropkick him to the moon*

Archived