KWC nbb CO2 jericho 941

I've always been a fan of the jericho since watching the film doberman (if you haven't seen it you should), so when I saw the KWC version in a sales forum. I gave it some research .In my research I came up with a youtube review by a rarther annoying repetative young man, who was informative enough, and gave it a reasonable review .I also found this http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-gbb-smg...tol-6mm-bb.html ,but the version I was getting I knew was different from this guns description.This one has a metal slide, trades are diffrent ,and at 410fps is too hot for any skirmish sites I know of .It did give me an idea of the price though .So I figured I would give it a go .Especially as the gun only cost me £35 ,and it had been barely used .Plus it couldn't be any worse than the hudson by all accounts .Upon receiving the gun I found it was a cybergun branded ,but I wil not hold that against it.

DSC00951.jpg

Taking it out of the box It had a nice feel a weight for an abs gun ,mainly due to the metal mag. The build of the gun is nice ,and sturdy. Looks wise its a fairly modern looking pistol about the size of a 1911 maybe a little shorter .So you should have no trouble getting a holster for it ,unlike its big brother .If your into markings ,its not great .It does have some whitened jericho trades on the frame ,which is nice . KWC markings on the other side of the frame .The grips I find the most ammusing with the IWI badges on ,I guess its some sort of KWC joke.

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

Power wise it says on the box 100mps ,which is 328fps .It also mentions on the box that this is not necessarily an exact figure .I have no chrono to test this ,but if I go by the coke can test its about 360fps approx on a fresh CO2 cartrige so a little hot for most sites. I would say in winter time this would be about 350fps once you have fired off a few shots of a new CO2 cartrige .Which will suit its perpose for me. Range says 40m on the box .Which is about right. At that distance it will put rounds into a torso sized target. Now as for a hop I'm not sure. I can't see one, the rounds do drop at the end of there flight with a 0.2 .I might have a go at modding one myself ,but I can always aim up a little for now .The action is fairly smooth .The hammer cannot be pre-cocked .Making for a longer, heavier trigger pull compaired with most gbb .This can effect the aim, but its nothnig too terrible. Its much like the first pull of the trigger on a tm sig, or m9. The hammer is just for show ,as its actually an inturnal hammer which just pushes the mock hammer back .Safty is ambidextrous, and has a good positive click .To strip the gun you remove the mock slide catch turning it down 90 degrees .You then remove the catch ,which lets the slide forward, and lift the slide from the frame .The inturnals ,an mech of the gun are all metal .It all seems very sturdy ,and the mech is very simple. The mag has all the gas system in ,so theres very little to go wrong in the gun. Mag capacity is 15 rounds but theres potential for it to be a double stacker .When you look in the mag chute there is the space ,but theres runners down either side making it single stacking. Wether they tried it ,and it didn't feed properly I'm not sure.

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

All in all I like .It'll certainly make a good sturdy, and reliable winter skirmish sidearm imo .There are probably more accurate nbb pistols ,but non of them ever took my fancy .And would certainly put a bigger dent in your wallet. My few quibbles are no hop ,no double stacking, and no double action. Also I think something worth a mention KWC have a few of these nbb CO2 moddels now .So if your not a jericho fan like myself ,there are a few options out there. And I would guess most are of a similar performance. Now this is my first review by request of bigAL .Hope you like it ,an it was worth burning my dinner for .Thanks for reading :) .

so, how far do you think you can shoot someone with it?

its fairly accurate to about 30m .Past that the accuracy starts to dwindle, but it was fairly windy today when I tried it out.

Nice little review mate cheers. Incidently IWI is no joke it stands for Israel Weapons Industries, formerly known as Israel Military Industries.

I see. I thought it was swapping the M in the center ,for the W in the center of the KWC. Like when companies don't get pemission to use the proper trades so they put a twist on it .So as not to infringe the copyright

Now as for a hop I'm not sure. I can't see one, the rounds do drop at the end of there flight with a 0.2 .I might have a go at modding one myself ,but I can always aim up a little for now .

Once again I am wrong :rolleyes: . Pulled it apart earlier to try mod a hop ,and its only gone and bloody got one. And I can't state enough how simple ,and sturdy the mech is. The hop is a V shaped hop ,but its not putting on enough pressure. So I've added small peice of thin card behind as wadding to bring it down a little .My guess is cybergun had their version of the gun power lowered, but the hop stayed as standard from the 410fps version. I'll give it a go tomorow, to see how it performs

prefer the silver one

where can you get that? And on a similar note ,I can't find spare mags for this beast anywhere

Edited by heroshark
Once again I am wrong :rolleyes: . Pulled it apart earlier to try mod a hop ,and its only gone and bloody got one. And I can't state enough how simple ,and sturdy the mech is. The hop is a V shaped hop ,but its not putting on enough pressure. So I've added small peice of thin card behind as wadding to bring it down a little .My guess is cybergun had their version of the gun power lowered, but the hop stayed as standard from the 410fps version. I'll give it a go tomorow, to see how it performs

Right .Its reaching out to about 50m, and fairly accurate to boot .There is a little over hop ,but a quick tweak will sort that out. In all ,this is turning out to be a fantastic little pistol :)

Edited by heroshark

Just a feq Qs to add to the review(nice review BTW :P)

Is the gas bulb held in the magazine or in the gun?

Can we have a pic or two of the magazine and the place to put the gas bulb?

Can you compair the trigger pull to another NBB?

Some NBBs have very heavy trigger pulls, making them an effort to shoot more than a few rounds with any accuracy.

Ps, when IMI(Isralie Military Industries)'s small firarm section was Privitised this part of the company was re-named IWI(Isralie Weapons Industry)

IWI is not truley the "new name" of IMI, it is a new company that took on responcibility of the firearms section of IMI.

Just a feq Qs to add to the review(nice review BTW :P)

Is the gas bulb held in the magazine or in the gun?

Can we have a pic or two of the magazine and the place to put the gas bulb?

Can you compair the trigger pull to another NBB?

Some NBBs have very heavy trigger pulls, making them an effort to shoot more than a few rounds with any accuracy.

Ps, when IMI(Isralie Military Industries)'s small firarm section was Privitised this part of the company was re-named IWI(Isralie Weapons Industry)

IWI is not truley the "new name" of IMI, it is a new company that took on responcibility of the firearms section of IMI.

I can do better than that .I'll show you the whole mech. Its real easy to get out. Just take off the slide , unscrew the grip, remove a pin, and the whole mech lifts out.

DSC00978.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

as you can see theres very little in the way of parts to this pistol. The mech itself is a big lump of cast metal, but I must say the metal seems to be of decent quality. The mag holds the co2 cartrige inside. The cartrige is held by a threaded screw which you tighten with an allan key. All the gas system including the nozzle is incorporated into the mag.

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

nozzle back.

DSC00972.jpg

nozzle forward.

The mech is fairly streight forward. With each trigger pull it cocks the hammer ,and chambers a round. Here you can see how the mech picks up the pin through the nozzle to chamber the round.

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

The safety lowers the arm that enguages the trigger with the hammer. But it does not stop the gun chambering rounds if you pull the trigger with the safety on.

DSC00975.jpg

Safety off.

DSC00976.jpg

safety on.

Now for the trigger pull .All I can compair it to is my tm226, as its been a long time since I fired a nbb .Its very similar, but I would say the jericho is just a pinch heavier. This does effect your aim without a doubt ,but I find I got used to it. When firing a few shots in a row .I find the first shot as a good guide to the following rounds ,actually getting closer the target after the first shot .Thats if you don't get it on the first shot .

Thats excelent and fantastically informative :) thankyou.

I see why the mags are so expensive now, with a gas nozzel and everything!

Good thing is that the barrel is fixed in the gun, so changing it for a TB and altering the hop would be rather a simple job.

I had discarded this gun out of hand when i first heard of it, but now it seams like a resonable NBB.

Edited by ED-SKaR
Thats excelent and fantastically informative :) thankyou.

I see why the mags are so expensive now, with a gas nozzel and everything!

Good thing is that the barrel is fixed in the gun, so changing it for a TB and altering the hop would be rather a simple job.

I had discarded this gun out of hand when i first heard of it, but now it seams like a resonable NBB.

indeed its is a nice little gun .Tbh I might just buy another off ehobby as it would be about the same price as buying a spare mag .And I would have spares ,metal slide too. As said, you could make an excelent little project gun.

Edited by heroshark
So, the slide is not moveable (backwards) at all?

no .Infact the slide is what holds the front end of the mech in place, and the rear has the pin.

DSC00979.jpg

Damn you heroshark, if this is the one that was for sale on another forum I was gonna get it! Good to know its worth the cash though, will keep an eye out for it.

I think so Dave ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Skirmished this the other day and all I can say is ,it was brilliant. My 2 gbb's sat out for the whole day .The only quibbles were the the over hop .Which was my fault anyway, and the safety not locking the trigger allowing it to chamber rounds .Both of which I have now sorted. I've added a screw to adjust the hop. I had to file a slot out the the peice which moves the nozzel to allow for the screw head, but its a real simple job. With the hop adjusted right its reaching out to about 70m.

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

And after much fiddling ,filling ,and cursing. I made the safety lock the trigger, using a pin. Please don't ask me for a guide .I'm not good with explanations ,and my mods tend to be based on trial and error . Heres refference pics.

safety off

DSC01004.jpg

safety on

DSC01003.jpg

Edited by heroshark
  • 5 months later...
wait, 70 meters? thats the outer limits for even upgraded digicon NBBs.

I don't realy have an accurate measure ,but its about that .Shoots as far as my upgraded aegs any how, or upgraded pistols. Still haven't given it a proper chrono test ,should do realy. A friend of mine borrowed it the other day ,said he didn't feel out ranged by the aegs at all .As is often the case with pistols.