New Toy

Noveske

Just picked up a new toy today: Replica EOLAD scope cover made from a local company for EOTech 5X1/5X2. Needs a bit of modification to fit on the real steel EOTech, but it's all worth it.

-CNC'd aluminum construction

-Comes with QD latch as well which I didn't install as I still prefer the thumbscrew

-Comes with "mouse tail" remote switch as well

-Fire switch is momentary or constant on.

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

real onez fail? :(

no one told me!!

Lol, yes they do. Even if the battery may last for 1000 hrs continuous operation, they can leak very easily and then the eotech dies. Luckily it usually only involves cleaning the contacts.

Though I've never had it personally happen, they sometimes shut of randomly, and worst of all the front glass screen easily shatters (stock gun 20 feet away, 1 shot-eotech goes crack) and costs you $60 to get it fixed :( I need to find a place that sells the protectors, anyone know anyplace? I'm not looking for *suitcasey* ###### plastic chinese ones either. I know bruce on AS canada does, but he never replied my PMs :(

But if you remove the EO hood you loose warantee :(

And I needz my warantee (especially with how these damned things fail).

1. How would they know you removed the hood? There isn't no warranty sticker or nothing.

2. I have 3 EOTechs, 2 of which have had several thousand AR rounds through them, one since 2005. I haven't had any of them "fail".

You are correct on point #1.

as for #2, lucky you. I have personally had one fail on an Airsoft gun (552 rev. f made in sept of '07 bought in feb of 08, new from B&H audio video), and I know most tactical carbine course instructors tell you you'd better bring two in case the first one fails. The battery wasn't even visibly leaking, but apparently it did. The kicker was it was the batteries supplied by eo only a few months in. But it works fine now... IF only I could find some proper lens protectors, like the ones bruce made :(

You are correct on point #1.

as for #2, lucky you. I have personally had one fail on an Airsoft gun (552 rev. f made in sept of '07 bought in feb of 08, new from B&H audio video), and I know most tactical carbine course instructors tell you you'd better bring two in case the first one fails. The battery wasn't even visibly leaking, but apparently it did. The kicker was it was the batteries supplied by eo only a few months in. But it works fine now... IF only I could find some proper lens protectors, like the ones bruce made :(

Time to get some decent batteries! Especially for the 5X2 series as they use the standard AA batteries. As for the 5X1 and the 553 series, CR123 and "N" type batteries rarely leak before they're used up.

The batteries were the quality Energizer "industrial strength" or whatever alkaline batts, that Eotech ships for use with their sights.... It happened again with expensive premium lithium AAs. The point is that EOTechs aren't the most foolproof of R-S sights, although I still love mine, if I were getting a R-S AR, I probably wouldn't use the EOTech. If you don't believe me, ask around on the R-s forums, etc and see why alot of people stopped buying them and I believe they lost some US MIL contracts

The batteries were the quality Energizer "industrial strength" or whatever alkaline batts, that Eotech ships for use with their sights.... It happened again with expensive premium lithium AAs. The point is that EOTechs aren't the most foolproof of R-S sights, although I still love mine, if I were getting a R-S AR, I probably wouldn't use the EOTech. If you don't believe me, ask around on the R-s forums, etc and see why alot of people stopped buying them and I believe they lost some US MIL contracts

Sorry to hear your loss of faith in EOTech. I'm curious as to see why leaking batteries would be the sight's fault?Nonetheless, I'm still a fan cause I haven't found a more efficient sight (for RS/Airsoft).

If it helps at all, I use rechargeable Energizers in my 552. Energizer "N"s in my 511 and cheapo panasonic CR123s in my 553.

Where can one actually get one of these, and how long is the Pressure switch/pad?

Also, once again, for those real eotech owners out there, anyone know of a place to get very good quality lens protectors?

Hero Arms is the company making this product under their house brand "American Defense". I don't think it is available from online retailers yet. So for now I guess you guys will have to contact your local buddies here in HK to help you get one. They retail for HKD599 each. I'm quite pleased with the quality so far I'm thinking of picking up another one in Tan!

On a side note, I came across this yesterday: G&P are making their 551 sight with the laser version. Exactly the same design as the "American Defense" one! Coincidence? I think not!!

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=2383

However, don't know when they're going to release it and doesn't look like they'll release the stand alone "hood" without the sight.

EDIT: The pressure switch pad is about a foot long or so. Regarding good quality lense protectors, I use the China-made one (new version which is actually clear and does not distort the clarity). I've had it hit a few times with some 1.4Js but it's holding up so far.

Archived