Strong plastic V2 gearbox $20

chownsy

If they'd have made it out of polycarbonate like STAR/ARES do then it'd probably be pretty good and quite possibly even hold up better than pot metal shells, I suspect they've made it from the same rubbish ABS on the Galaxy MP5k and recycled condoms though so it probably won't be that strong.

Time will tell though, hopefully it will be stronger we'll have to wait for some victims to buy them to try ;)

I'm not so sure, POM usually has a different surface finish to that, that shell looks quite shiny and with a rougher finish which would lead me to think its probably ABS of some sort, never know though.

The finish of POM(Delrin)/CPA/ etc is only related to how it has been worked. Smooth and shiny is a result of casting the GB shell. The finish of the POM 40mm shells is due to them being turned from chunks of POM rod stock on a lathe.

The major reason for making parts out of POM is due to ease of tooling, and lower cost, compared to say 6061 Alu.

KM

I've had a number of POM moscarts (Pro-Arms) and they were not turned and machined, you could quite clearly see in the barrels where the injection molding machine had not forced enough plastic into the mold and had left open sections between barrels, along with rough finishing uncharacteristic with machining. Or it might just be they have machines made from cheese...

I suppose it'll be worth waiting for other retailers to get them and see if they say what the material is, if somewhere other than EbayBanned gets them i'll probably buy one to try out tbh though.

The problem is they've stated it'll take an M150 spring but said nothing else.

Most gearboxes could take an M150 spring, what really matters is how long it lasts for, its no good if it only lasts 50rnds is it, although the description would still be correct because it can take an M150.

If they'd done long term durability testing then i'm sure they'd have advertised the numbers (Ie, strong enough for 50,000rnds with an M150) as a selling point, somehow I suspect they haven't or they did and found it broke on the second shot.

That's odd. I saw this a couple days ago, and it had said it was good for an M150 spring, then I thought a day later it changed to saying it was good for 150fps, but now it's back to the M150 spring description.

I might take the plunge with this and put it in my Dboys M4

Have you ever seen a gearbox thats stated that it will take a surten amout of shoot before cracking...........NO.

Try it before crying about the "lack "of strength the GB.

.....I dont say that it is any good, but I think that you should try things out before assuming A or B.

Have you ever seen a gearbox thats stated that it will take a surten amout of shoot before cracking...........NO.

Try it before crying about the "lack "of strength the GB.

Yes, but other gearboxes don't don't have statements of what springs they'll take either.

Saying something like a gearbox shell will take a certain spring or lower is completely pointless (And potentially very missleading) without at least saying how many shots they lasted for in testing, its a meaningless statement without that really.

I'm not 'crying' as you so put it about anything, especially not 'lack of strength', all I'm saying is that I suspect that without any figure for how many shots its taken in testing with said spring they've either not bothered doing any proper testing or they have and the amount of shots was very low and decided to keep it quiet. If they have done testing and found it to be a durable shell then I'd expect them to be banging on about how good it is, I mean, you'd have to be stupid not to if that was the case.

This needs a crash-test. Until that not much will trust POM.

If it is POM then for the price I would defo recommend it. The thing is that probably this is just regular ABS plastic of some kind and is not worth *suitcase*.

Bjorn

Archived