China: AGM and Cyma News

Frontiers

China: AGM and Cyma News

...bad news. Apparently, both AGM and Cymas owners had been arrested and factories dismantled. They are being prosecuted for illegal guns manufacture in accordance to PRC's laws. Thats it folks. That is why no new products from China lately. News confirmed, as we received almost verbatim message from three different and highly reputable sources

from airsoftnews.eu (sorry no link as i had to use proxy to go there as its blocked in china)

if that is so, how is that possible that i talked with Cyma boss just yesterday and he was in home and ok...and certainly not arrested of any kind. And AGM boss is arrested that is true but they already are planning ahead just waiting that all clears ahead. they have so highly reputable sources that they even forgot to mention one...unnamed sources of any kind so that is highly reputable these days :rolleyes: and why no new products from China is BECAUSE the damn holiday festivities (60th Anniversary of China) WHY all factories had to close not because couple of them got busted or raided...tell the real reasons at least if that is news or something.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHOAAA I guess this ends the clone era for now.

Honestly, I could cry.

I'm gonna leave this here in the news section because, although we've heard the same story 3 times already today, the fact that Frontiers can refute it IS actually worthy news.

In other news, I hear it's a guy at Marui who's putting all these rumours around. ;)

Honestly, I could cry.

I'm gonna leave this here in the news section because, although we've heard the same story 3 times already today, the fact that Frontiers can refute it IS actually worthy news.

In other news, I hear it's a guy at Marui who's putting all these rumours around. ;)

Thanks Stealth, i believe i'm the original source for what happened in here at Internet about AGMs Boss got arrested and so, and i DEFINITELY have not talked with Airsoftnews of anykind, i only operate in Arnie's pretty much (sometimes with our french brothers at www.acm-forum.fr) the same *suitcase* happened last year when was the olympic's here, people got raided and arrested and what happened? everything goes normal after why wouldnt it? :D everybody is making money on the process so surely goverment officials don't mind.

Hey Frontiers I found this through another forum. Its off Redwolfs blog page http://redwolfairsoft.wordpress.com/2009/1...chinese-clones/

Any comments... I'd like to hear your take as you are the one in the know. edit: Guess me and Praying Mantis found the same thing at the same time.

With the recent arrest of AGM’s boss and A&K ceasing production of airsoft guns – is this the beginning of the end for Chinese-made airsoft guns?

“Shenzhen Customs officers destroy replica guns in the warehouse of its Huizhou anti-smuggling office Thursday. About 2,790 guns and 1,500 kilograms of spare parts were destroyed, Customs officials said Friday. The popularity of field warfare games has contributed to increased demand for replica guns in the domestic market, which has led to an increase in replica gun smuggling cases, officials said. The guns resemble the real thing in color, weight, size and quality, and as such can be used by criminals to threaten victims in robberies and muggings. So far nearly 12,000 smuggled replica guns and spare parts have been seized by the Customs this year.” (from Shenzhen Daily)

EDIT: You can see the original article here: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2009-09/28/content_794341.htm

That's a good amount of guns, but not nearly as much as China produces on a monthly basis. There's too much money to be made, and too much demand for them to stop. What the Chinese government is doing is making an example of a select few to make it look like they're doing something about. They may even go to extremes as horrible and incredulous as execution. All that will happen is that the factories will move, the owners/managers of the company may take a lower profile, other people/factories hungry for a slice of the pie may jump in, the bribes will increase dramatically, the increase in costs may get passed onto us the consumers.

People buying into the paranoia of the situation are making matters worse by further perpetuating that paranoia and feeding the vicious cycle.

to be honest i tend to take what Frontiers says with a pinch of salt... most of the time I see a lot of speculation going on but rarely any actual evidence that what he has said has actually happened. I shall keep an eye on this.

I had actually heard a lot of this stuff about the arrests and possible death sentance from a few unrelated sources prior to Frontiers mentioning it here. So what Frontiers has been saying on this matter seems true based on what I've heard.

to be honest i tend to take what Frontiers says with a pinch of salt... most of the time I see a lot of speculation going on but rarely any actual evidence that what he has said has actually happened. I shall keep an eye on this.

mate ;P your idea is that i should go on with a hidden camera around here and film "illegal" activities the proof you wanted i mean :D , no thanks. I report it as i hear and see i'm sure it's not always 100% accurate but most i think has been pretty close atleast.

Archived