Black Hawk Down Gear Help!

JCYC5

Hello Everyone!

I've tried searching... didn't find any results...

I'm a airsofter in Hong Kong who just wants to get back into the game after many months of having a break...

I'm *inspired* by the movie BHD...

I have bought a M733, only thing left to do with that is spray it until it looks like so, but with the original barrel and not the supressor.

29253014.DSCF0179.jpg

Question now is... how do I look the part?

Can anyone please help me put together a list of the gear that they use in BHD for the Delta? (Not necessarily the two snipers...)

Keep in mind, I live in Hong Kong... please try to keep links to HK-based retailers!

Many thanks!

(on a side note... anyone know what happened to AirsoftZone forums?! I used to be a regular there with over 2000 posts...)

I like the chest harness idea, but can't really find one that looks like ones in the movie...

Are the Guarder SOG CQB ones anything like in the movie?

Also, how about the vest under the LBV? (The vest where the ballistic plates would go...)

Okay, at WGCShop there is a whole ton of body armor, which you'll need for the look. The PT delta body armor specifically looks pretty good. Then you'll need a chest rig, the cheapest most realistic seems to be the king arms chest pouches at the bottom of the page.

I wanted to do a bhd impression a while ago too, so i hope this helps.

WTF mate? That's a replica Callahan... :huh:

They were NOT around in 1993...

this is what Hoot wears Hoot's Chest harness

Then you just need to find what pouches he has on it and stick them on it

That isn't what he wears either. Blackhawk Industries weren't even around 1993.

Lemme have a root around on the DVD and see what I can dig up.

Havoc, unfortunately for your 'historical accuracy' BHD isn't a historically accurate music. It wasn't made in 1993 and Black Hawk Industries gear is used a lot through out the movie. I can get some screen grabs of any specific characters and their gear if you want them, as I'm no modern gear expert as some of the weirdo geardos are. ;)

It wasn't made in 1993 and Black Hawk Industries gear is used a lot through out the movie.

I know. However, if you look, a lot of their gear was modified by the production crew to have a non-standard look to it.

To be honest, if you want a realistic loadout, then go for a black PT body armour replica, plus some sort of US webbing set up worn over the top. Either that, or a rather old-skool chest-rig system.

A tactical vest (e.g. BHI Omega, BHI DOAV) might be ok too, if you want the film look, in which case you can probably dump the PT vest too.

Havoc, unfortunately for your 'historical accuracy' BHD isn't a historically accurate music. It wasn't made in 1993 and Black Hawk Industries gear is used a lot through out the movie. I can get some screen grabs of any specific characters and their gear if you want them, as I'm no modern gear expert as some of the weirdo geardos are.  ;)

music? :P

as said, they used blackhawk gear in the movie whenever they could, except for a few special items and the standard issue ALICE webbing.

http://www.wannabe.uk.com/

-Archive

-SFOD-Delta (s/p)

I think this is pretty close, but go with a body armor and a chest rig outside of it. Delta all used that black bulky 'turtle' like body armor described by grimes in the book. Then they had older style chest rigs in black. But is you dont want that then the DOAV is nice. you should get this guys setup but just w/ the body armor and chest rig then it will be perfect.

If you want a Ranger-loadout with a Guarder Ranger Body Armor [Woodland], Alice equipment. 2 M16 Mag Pouches, 1 ALICE Pistol Holster, 1 Butt Pack, 2 Canteens, 2 Canteen Covers, MG: Just add 2 M249 MG Ammo Pouches. Weapons: Go with a Classic Army M15A2 Rifle or a TM M16A2 with a Marui M16-Style M203 for both if you want, WA Beretta M92F, TOP M60 STD, TOP M249 Mk.1, and for a grenadier look go for a US Military 40mm Grenade Ammo Vest. With a PASGT Helmet with a 6-Color Desert Camo Helmet Cover [Choco Chip], with 3-Color Desert Camo BDU's. And some sort of Knee Pads and US Military Issue Sand/Wind/Dust goggles. And Desert Combat Boots. I hope this helps you if your going for a Ranger loadout as well.

So they used chest rigs in the movie... or the DOAV?

Thing with the DOAV and other similar vests is that it covers the nice flag on the PT armor :(...

I'll probably get the Guarder SOG in the end (http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GD-CG-V02-BK_cat_Vests ), as the Chest pouches rig seems rather unfortable...

Thanks everyone!!

(Did anyone manage to get some screenshots from the movie of any of the Delta? Sanders, Hoot, whoever :P)

Just realised I didn't ask...

With the chest pouches in the links posted above, how is the bottom secured? Is there another strap that goes around the body?

...are they comfortable?

Archived