new ACM Shotguns

Frontiers

Attention ACM companies:

Make a Tanaka Shotgun clone that's all metal and WORKS!

please and thank you :D

-Shin

Absofruitcaginglutely.

It wouldn't be very hard either, just make the more highly stressed internals out of aluminum or steel instead of pot metal and plastic like Tanaka did and that's all it would take.

I'd be almost as happy with a good clone Maruzen M870 as well, or any decent Remington 870 replica with tri-shot springer internals stuffed in it.

But enough of the super cheapo single shot springers already when there are far more interesting airsoft shotguns that can be cloned or designed and would sell a heck of a lot better too.

single shot and insane fps. Great idea <_<

yea that sucks, UK market wont get them until someone makes a downgrade kit (or you cut the spring).

On the other hand it could be a decent sniper rifle platform with a difference (seen it dont before)

Fail. Simple as that.

Anyway, now that I have you here: do you think there's enough interest to try to pitch a shorty gas, multiple Bbs per shot, shotgun to Both Elephant (makers of the M500 clones). Like using the already cloned Mossberg 500 platform to make different short shotties and make it easier for people to create their own shorties?

If they were to build a short version, lots of different customs would be possible:

s2.jpg

s4.jpg

s3.jpg

Moss500shorty.jpg

Fail. Simple as that.

Anyway, now that I have you here: do you think there's enough interest to try to pitch a shorty gas, multiple Bbs per shot, shotgun to Both Elephant (makers of the M500 clones). Like using the already cloned Mossberg 500 platform to make different short shotties and make it easier for people to create their own shorties?

If they were to build a short version, lots of different customs would be possible:

need to find where to buy these and get some more info and then we can pitch them, before Christmas possibly i will make another tournee to there and try to pitch our models what we previosly talked also.

Those cant be bought as they are real steel (except for the Mossberg with the MP5K grip, wich is from a videogame).

I think the most popular version would be a Both Elephant M500 platform, if they can be bothered to sort out the leakage problems:

- full metal

- 1-5 BBs per shot

- gas

- no heavy pumping

The only things BE would have to redesign and stick on their current model would be:

- shorter barrel, ammo tube and feeding tubes

- new pump forearm (one that you can switch between a railed version and a pistol-grip would be nice and get them more sales)

- new feeding tube locking system

The integral rail/grip/AR stock adaptor they can clone:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...ial&rs=m500

Now, if they were really smart, they would offer the grips, stocks, short/medium/long barrels seperately, thus allowing players to switch their base shotgun betwee different configurations: full size, tactical shorty, cut down with pistol grip, etc.

I agree, single BB and high FPSs... not agood idea at all, I remember there are some ACM wood and metal shotguns and are like these ones... pretty cool, but double eagle models are still sold like hot cookies, ACM bosses, do you wonder why?

I will give them the magic formula:

spring three shot shotguns made of metal and wood, fed by shell-like magazines, but if the can make them to accept some accesories like grips, stocks so the owner can customize them, they will fly off the shelves.

Too bad they wont listen to the customer :(

I like that idea, Needs its own thread.

If they just redesign the magazine (keep it in the shell tube, but make it less fiddly) then transplant the whole mech into other guns like M870s ithicas and benellis.

I'd also like to see that mech made GBB. same feeding system and everything else, just semi auto rather than pump action. then make the Benelli m1014, spas12 and the like.

What about the idea of AEG shotguns? If standard gearbox can fit into shotgun (for example - v3 into SPAS 12) and develop delayer for sector (?) gear to feed 3 or more BBs into HopUp chamber. If it work well, it might be epic win.

Do some maths on muzzle velocity. I'll save you the effort and tell you that you'd need a V3 that puts out 500FPS with a single BB to make three BBs go 300FPS. How many gearboxes do you know that would last 500fps for a long period of time, and even then only 3 BBs going only 300FPS.

Electrisity just dosent cut it.

Well, gearboxes from acm replicas (AUG A3 JG, CM.48 for example) easily can handle 450fps on full auto, so, around 480fps on semi could be possible. Shotguns were designated for close range, so 300 or below fps fits here.

And don't forget, we are talking about acm, not "immortal" TM ;)

A gearbox usually won't come close to fitting inside a shotgun, the body is too slim. It's been talked to death but the idea isn't feasible, also full auto shotgun? No thanks.

Well, gearboxes from acm replicas (AUG A3 JG, CM.48 for example) easily can handle 450fps on full auto, so, around 480fps on semi could be possible. Shotguns were designated for close range, so 300 or below fps fits here.

And don't forget, we are talking about acm, not "immortal" TM ;)

And how long do you think those gearboxes last? Just because a gearbox can handle 450 FPS, doesnt' mean it will keep on working after 1000s of shots.

The last one looks exactly like the DE one I bought from a Chinese wholesaler earlier in the year. Packaging seems to have changed and it comes with more shells now. *badgeress* to cock straoght out of the box, no idea what the fps is but fairly certain too hot for the UK. Still good fun for less than £50 though.

Archived