Madbull Airsoft: Ultimate HopUp

uscmCorps

Gents,

This Hopup unit is your only choice for your M4/AR style AEG.

3 Functions in 1:

(1) Tracer unit: You can attach a MadBull LED tracer unit on this Hopup unit. This is an optional accessory and will be available soon.

(2) Chamber lock: With this new hop up design you will not have to worry about losing and dropping several bb’s with a magazine change. This new design provides you with a way to keep bb’s in your AEG and ready to use and not on the floor and even better it stabilizes the top of the magazine to ensure a secure and flawless feed of bb’s into the AEG.

You can take out the oring if you don’t like this function. This function is designed by Brian Holt.

(3) Easy adjust Hopup: Compared to traditional Hopup, our Hopup can be adjust easily.

More information and price will be released in 2 days.

Thanks

MadBull

madbullhopup.jpg

I'm probably most curious about how the Tracer Unit will work. Looking forward to more info.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I had heard about this product a while back and the UV LED in the chamber was alluded to. I'm just wondering how the LED will project light into the mostly metal HopUp Chamber? There is a small vertical slit down the side of the feed chute, but it's pretty thin ... seems like the tracer BB probably wouldn't get fully exposed to light if lit through there. Perhaps it'll be enough exposure?

well in a TM new tracer, it requires a 4" long tube of LEDs in an array to flash a tracer BB into being illuminate on exit of the barrel. It would have to be an insanely bright LED to be able to do this when feeding through a slit in a hop unit, especially in full auto when the BB's not in there for long.

well in a TM new tracer, it requires a 4" long tube of LEDs in an array to flash a tracer BB into being illuminate on exit of the barrel. It would have to be an insanely bright LED to be able to do this when feeding through a slit in a hop unit, especially in full auto when the BB's not in there for long.

Hence my confusion how the Tracer will work. That said, I'm merely assuming the LED will be lit through there. We still haven't seen the right side of the HopUp unit yet.

Personally, I'd really be curious if the LED could be modified to illuminate the BBs *just* enough to work with NVGs. Or perhaps IR BBs ... now THAT would be awesome!

It might use a special long thin UV LED that slots into that gap and if it was powerful enough I guess it could be enough.

We've only got a picture of one side though, there could be an LED hole where the adjuster goes on your average hop-up. That would probably work well too.

I thought the TM tracer unit used a flash bulb, and the flash bulb area is only about 1" long and the tube with white surrounding it (presumably for extra reflection of the light) is only another 1.5". Depending how the tracer unit is implemented and such, it would presumably be enough to be able to just see where you're BBs are going in a dark situation, and most like won't be as good as a good dedicated tracer unit. My P90 tracer mag makes BBs glow well enough that they can be seen at night, and it only works somewhat effectively on full auto, where the BB is going from being illuminated 2 or 3 rounds from the chamber to being fired. Granted, it's only one very bright 3mm UV LED, it still lights them up well enough.

What I wonder about with this Madbull unit is where the power is going to come from. Will it grab the tiny bit of power it needs from the main battery, (in which case, it might need to take into account the battery voltage being used), or is it going to have its own power supply, and if so, where is that going to be housed (as I don't know general space constraints inside M4/M16 variants)?

Also, why is it that IR tracer rounds always seem to come up with discussions of tracers? I would imagine it's possible, since they have other materials that glow under UV light in various color in the visible spectrum, I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to do the calculations to find a material that would emit a good enough IR to be seen only in NVG's. Also, I would imagine the market for IR tracer round swould be rather small, because how many people have good enough night vision set ups in airsoft that would be able to see the IR BBs flying?

Also, why is it that IR tracer rounds always seem to come up with discussions of tracers? I would imagine it's possible, since they have other materials that glow under UV light in various color in the visible spectrum, I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to do the calculations to find a material that would emit a good enough IR to be seen only in NVG's. Also, I would imagine the market for IR tracer round swould be rather small, because how many people have good enough night vision set ups in airsoft that would be able to see the IR BBs flying?

Which is why the company who happens to make the IR bb's damn well better come out with a set of affordable goggles to see them. That'd be the only logical thing to do.

Its hardly rocket science as to how the tracer unit will work.

The feed tube of that hop unit has a slit either side to allow light through. The unit will probably clamp onto the outside of the feed tube and illuminate the bb's in the tube, by means of some UV PCB mounted LED's or similar.

Weither or not it will be constantly on, or only come on when a bb is detected will be a case of 'watch this space'. Same to be said about the power source for the unit, weither it being a seperate battery (coin cell perhaps) or powered using an in-line connector hooked up to the AEG battery.

Looks like a metal copy of the new CA M4 hop-up unit, which is a reworked ICS unit with a smaller adjustment wheel so it can clear the protruding screw on the front of a standard V2 (The front of an ICS Ver2 is flat).

Still, looks like it's worth a shot.

Looks like a metal copy of the new CA M4 hop-up unit, which is a reworked ICS unit with a smaller adjustment wheel so it can clear the protruding screw on the front of a standard V2 (The front of an ICS Ver2 is flat).

Still, looks like it's worth a shot.

It sure looks similar, and, overall, I like that new Classic Army unit for performance, but I have seen some issues with it with regards to inconsistencies in velocities going from one brand of bb to another (of the same weight). What I mean is losing 20feet/sec when going from Javelin to Bioval and such.

I have seen some issues with it with regards to inconsistencies in velocities going from one brand of bb to another (of the same weight). What I mean is losing 20feet/sec when going from Javelin to Bioval and such.

something to do with inconsistent BB diameter, maybe?

Archived