Tokyo Marui P90 Disassembly Guide

Lord Griffin

Tokyo Marui P90 Disassembly Guide

One of my favorite things about my TM P90 (really any P90) is how easy it is to get to and upgrade the barrel and hop up, and how easy it is to get to the gearbox and upgrade it. In this guide I will be showing you how to get the gearbox, get to the hop up unit and barrel, how to upgrade the barrel and how to upgrade a TM P90's hop up unit. I will not be opening up the gearbox in this guide. But I will update it later when I put more upgrades into my TM P90. In my opinion, the P90 is the easiest gun to upgrade in airsoft. (It is as easy as or easier to upgrade than an ICS M4 with a split gearbox in my opinion.)

**Turn Off Hop Up All Of The Way Before Performing This**

To get to the hop up and barrel you first: Take out the magazine. Second: There should be a small button (it isn't sticking out, but you should see it) right before the upper receiver. In the picture below it shows were it is.

IMG_5050.jpg

Once you locate that button press down on it and hold the upper receiver and pull it.

Now that you have took off the upper receiver, since the barrel is spring loaded you take a hold of the hop up, push in, and turn counter clock-wise and then pull out.

AirsoftP90.jpg

DUDE.jpg

To remove the hop up from the barrel, you remove that tiny piece that is circled in red in the picture below, and were it goes is covered in green. Be careful, when you are taking it off it may all of the sudden pop out and shoot somewhere.

FLINTS.jpg

Once you have removed it, slowly slide the hop up unit off the barrel. You should see a black part on the barrel. That is the hop up bucking. Now you can upgrade the hop up unit. In the picture below it is showing the hop up unit off the barrel with the hop up bucking still on the barrel. To put the hop up unit back on, just slide it back onto the barrel, put the tiny part in. Make sure that the opening in the barrel is facing upwards to were the hop up unit hole is.

IMG_5120.jpg

To get to the gearbox, remove the butt plate from the back of the P90, and you will see two screws that I circled in the picture below.

Flintsssss.jpg

As you can see, I did some custom work to the back of the P90 so I could fit a bigger battery in, but that wouldn't change anything. Now unscrew the screws. Be careful, there are two small parts that may fall out when you unscrew the screws. Now once you have removed the screws, take off the plate that is on top of the gearbox. As you see in the picture below, the plate is now removed.

IMG_5081.jpg

Since it is now removed pick up the gearbox and gently pull it out of the gun. As seen in the picture below the gearbox is now out of the gun.

IMG_5088.jpg

As I said at the top of this guide, I was not going to tell how to open up the gearbox until I upgrade my P90 again. If you would like to see how to disassemble and re-assemble your P90's gearbox, please take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZK8uJBpUh0 it is not my video. It is for the Echo 1 P90 but it should work with any brand of P90.

I will update this guide with a "How to upgrade your P90's gearbox" when I upgrade it again.

This guide will work with any Tokyo Marui P90 clones including the CA P90.

This is my first disassembly guide (or any type of thing like this) so please don't flame me if it is bad :) .

Although upgrading a P90 is very, very, simple, and almost anybody could do it, I still hope that you enjoyed this guide, and that is helped you upgrade your P90 :) .

Also, forgive me if this is in the wrong section, but it seemed like it was the appropriate section.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this guide please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

-Griffin

Archived