New Magpul Product

Whudafxup

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, holding ones wrist at that angle for long periods tends to make it ache- it doesnt look like a natural angle or grip (just trying that kinda grip on my airrifle foreend is uncomfortable). A more vertical grip is much more natural, other than the classic foregrip hold of palm wrapped around underside of fore end.

Then again, I know nothing of these guns really...

I dunno, holding ones wrist at that angle for long periods tends to make it ache- it doesnt look like a natural angle or grip (just trying that kinda grip on my airrifle foreend is uncomfortable). A more vertical grip is much more natural, other than the classic foregrip hold of palm wrapped around underside of fore end.

Then again, I know nothing of these guns really...

According to the stuff on the slides it's supposed to be a much more natural, less fatiguing grip. Dunno if it's actually true though.

consider Magpul dynamic promotes a thumb break style grip with the VFG used as an index tool, this sorta makes sense...though I don't see why its preferred over a regular stubby VFG or just a grip stop. I guess it eliminates the chance for broom handle grip altogether...

consider Magpul dynamic promotes a thumb break style grip with the VFG used as an index tool, this sorta makes sense...though I don't see why its preferred over a regular stubby VFG or just a grip stop. I guess it eliminates the chance for broom handle grip altogether...

The slides in the link explain that it's a less fatiguing grip essentially.

Yeah I just scanned through the first time around and read it the 2nd time....I do like they take their time to explain the concept behind it....does go well with their mentality to promote more training to realize the benefit of their products...

I do think though this may be more hand size dependent as well, since with the stubby I have now my hand position and coverage doesn't look that different from what the AFG offers...

Judging (and replicating) the angle of the wrist (plus the blurb down the page), I am going with it is designed to be more ergonomic and better for the "median nerve" in the wrist. Considering it looks like some stuff I did last year on a design project, I'd guess it is to reduce RSI/Carpel Tunnel Syndrome?

so far though the other "theory based" parts like the ASAP and BAD lever and MS2 do seem to work as advertised, but I guess this doesn't seem to stray that far from existing design that the effect of its design is harder to see....

Like the BAD, the ASAP, and the MS2, this was prototyped and tested. And MagPul wouldn't make it if the product didn't work for their shooters as a prototype.

Anyway, if you (not anyone in particular) read the bit on Soldier Systems, they say that they mean that the device needs training to allow the shooter to get the most use out of it.

I wonder if it will work with patrol car gun racks....

Hope to get mine before my Dynamics Carbine 1 & 2 class in January. Worse case scenario ... I can probably get them at SHOT the week before class. Would be nice to get them earlier though so I can go to the range a couple times and get used to it first.

Archived