VFC SR-15

alston251

Since the PTS ACR is or may be delayed to mid January to be released at shot show. I need a AEG for winter play. I always wanted to get sr-15. You can say it's the "Costa Effect" :P. Anyway, i thought the VFC will be a good choice compaired to the King Arms because i am planning to use Pmags and i hate loose rail panels.

So, i've looked over Arnies and googled for a VFC sr-15 review but found none. Please can someone be kind enough so share me a link. Thank you so much.

The other thing is that i'm wondering where the stock battery option is. I'm looking in to using a Li-Po with it in the buffer tube with a Magpul PTS CTR stock.

What stock tube would i need? And because it's Li-Po would i have to change the internals or put in a mosfet? And may someone tell me the stock internals please. It saids 8mm bearings on WGC but i just want to be sure. Thanks a bunch.

Mods: Please move this if you think it'll suite the newbie section more. I wasn't too sure. Cheers.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Li-po I use on my SR16 E3 the 7.4-1200 15c from G&P (ehobbyasia). I didn't go with 11.1 just because the rate of fire is insane, laser. I don't use a mosfet, redwolf recomands u to use a 12v battery ;) So u can make an aidee about internals.

My CTR when li-po is inside, can't be collapsed to the last position. G&P buffer tube's have a much more space inside.

I've talked quite a bit with uscmCorps, according to him the VFC SR15E3 is totally worth it :D

(he has 3 of them I think)

I am thinking of picking one up soon myself. However, these things definitely aren't cheap :P

-Shin

ps: I too would like to see what other people have to say since I hope I can join the VFC SR15 owner's club sometime soon

I've been playing for just short of 4 years now, playing nearly EVER Sunday: The VFC SR15 is the best gun I have owned or used. The build quality is off the charts, and USCMcorps, who owns 3 AEGs and 1 real, says the difference external is negligible.

The thing shoots better than I could have hoped, very long range: I normally set my hop in my garden, I can't with this thing!

I'm entirely convinced of VFC superiorty, at least in the M4 field.

I don't think you should entirely rule out the KA SR, but however if it came down to a battle between the two, the VFC would win hands down.

The KA can take PMAGs, you just have to file down a little ridge inside the magwell; USCM has done this mod and can attest to it working like a charm. My lipo fits in my tube with room to spare but doesn't allow the stock to fully collapse, only up to the second position, but you could change that, its just because of the way that I have my lipo in there. With a bit of tweaking you'd easily be able to close it fully.

I say, If you have the funds, go with the VFC; you surely won't be disappointed. However, if funds are a bit tight then go with the KA; its no VFC, but it sure is worlds apart from other AEGs, just as the VFC is.

Hope this helps some ;)

EDIT: I forgot to say that the Rail covers won't wobble in the final production model of the KA SR15, its only the preproduction models (such as mine and Scaar's that have that issue).

It should be released sometimes within the coming month or at the start of the new year at a price somewhere between $380-$420 USD.

Now I know that the VFC and the KA are similar in price, so that decision is up to you whether or not to pay the little more for the VFC; I've already got the KA so... haha, no choice for me :P Although I really wouldn't mind having a VFC ;)

Thanks for the info 08kecarv. I'm now stuck between choosing a 11.5" inch barrel combat master sr-15 or a full length 16" inch one. The 16" inch is a bit more expensive. Something like 60 bucks i think. I know the 11.5" would be better for CQB. But i have a 11.5" WE M4 for CQB.

Is the 16" significantly heavier? And most importantly does it have significantly more range or better accuracy?

Oh and btw does the VFC sr-15 come with a plastic carrying box?

PS: If i want to put a magpul pts ASAP on would i have to sand the side tabs down? By how much?

About the ASAP sand, well I didn't sand it on mine, the distance is about 2mm or so:

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/223194.../-DSC9626-1.jpg

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/223194.../-DSC9634-1.jpg

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/223194...nt/-DSC9632.jpg

In case u need a hi-res pm.

SR-15 E3 - 11,5" Combat Master, does not include the rifle box. That's according to WGC.

My2cents, is to take the Combat Master, and u can fit a barrel extension, after, difference in range or accuracy it will be insignificant.

About Li-po I use on my SR16 E3 the 7.4-1200 15c from G&P (ehobbyasia). I didn't go with 11.1 just because the rate of fire is insane, laser. I don't use a mosfet, redwolf recomands u to use a 12v battery ;) So u can make an aidee about internals.

My CTR when li-po is inside, can't be collapsed to the last position. G&P buffer tube's have a much more space inside.

And they also say to use an 11.1v with the stock internals of the KA M7A1's so yes thats certainly something to go from.

Now im my discussiong with USCMcorps abotut he sr-15/16's he noted that a 7.4v gave him less ROF than a 9.6, so you would be fine running a 7.4 volt lipo on the stock setup (USCM if i misquoted you just let me know)

Now, on that note all guns will benefit from the fixing the AOL, installing a mosfet etc. its just more pertinent with an 11.1v lipo.

Edit** Are you supposed to leave the stock end plate on when installing an ASAP sling plate???

Archived