Cheap MK23 GBB?

5thElement

Just came across this on the ******** website

MK23 GBB for £60? i've no idea who STTI are though, any ideas?

Heres the link

<link removed>

Also got an M9 on there aswell.

Had an STTI MK23 for about a year now, shoots about 320fps out of the box w/ top gas.

Just like the Marui NBB, but much cheaper, little less quality, but definately worth it.

Also, the silencer has an inner barrel, it gives it crazy range and accuracy.

I don't think that Mk23 is actually a blowback. If it is the one I am thinking of, it is unsuitable for use on any UK skirmishing field (it is overpowered), it is NBB only, and it has the worst trigger pull of any gas pistol I have ever used.

It's cheap for a reason dudes ;)

Had an STTI MK23 for about a year now, shoots about 320fps out of the box w/ top gas.

Just like the Marui NBB, but much cheaper, little less quality, but definately worth it.

Also, the silencer has an inner barrel, it gives it crazy range and accuracy.

Got any pictures of it? Hard to tell what it looks like from the picture on the website.

Cheers for the info everyone. Not really a fan of non blowbacks though if thats what it is! Guess the price was too good to be true lol

I would guess that with an actual silencer, FPS would be reduced. However, the silencer with it is actually a barrel extension, and gives it an FPS that makes it unusable for UK skirmishing. We will be checking Mk23s at AG05. ;)

Edit ~ The M9 might be the KJW, but no way of telling plastic or metal. From the price, almost certainly plastic, so not worth it at all. Anyone fancy e-mailing them for clarification?

:zorro:

I have the same pistol, and using Green Gas, it chronoes at a wooping 494fps! I've gotten used to the trigger pull. I bought it for only $20 US dollars.

If that pistol chronos at 500fps then removing the silencer won't drop it by more than 10fps.

If it's shooting at 500fps with 0.2g BBs then it's power is around 2.3J.

If it's shooting at 500fps with 0.12g BBs then the power will be around 1.35J

If that figure is taken on Green gas, with 0.12g BBs then it'll probably be perfectly legal with 134a gas.

My own Mk23 shoots at 305fps with 0.2g BBs when using 134a gas. TBH, it's the one pistol that I don't run on propane simply because it's not worth it.

Incidentally, give up with the extended barrel / silencer thing.

Once the hop-up has put a spin on the BB then any interruption in the barrel will screw up the way the BB is travelling.

Far better to remove the inner barrel, stuff some tissue paper in there and (big surprise!) use it as a silencer.

Oh, and you knew the silencer is made of plastic, right?

what? somone managed to make the marui mk23 look even cheaper? mad props to stti for achieving such a feat

quoted for truth

to be honest, for 60 quid i dont care if the silencer is plastic. in fact i dont care if it looks as plasticky as the TM one, which was what put me off getting it (the TM one).

i suppose this is a better option that bodging a silencer onto a TM steyr NBB

Archived