2. 2. Internals type

• TM VSR10
    • TM L96
    • Maruzen/ACM L96

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SMLE No. IV.

Along with the 18" sword bayonet. NEED. NOW. IN. PANTS.

Ahhhh, the P1907 bayonet is 22" long with a 17" blade. It only fits the No1 MkIII or MkIII* rifle. The No4 (Mk1 and 2) uses the shorter 'Pigsticker' bayonet. Even then, there are 3 different varients.

WW2 issue no4 for the win!

But i will chime in with the masses and preach to the converted. ALL of them please. with VSR internals. Making it VSR based means that even if its rubbish internally we can upgrade the pants off it. just make the OUTSIDE GOOD!!! Full metal and real wood construction on all of them, preferably make them compatible with RS woodwork (so its easyer to source it, rather than make your own :P)

Voted for the Springfield with VSR-10 internals because I'm a Yankee. :P

Same here (not the yankee bit :P ).

I think it was fairly inevitable that the above results would be obtained. This a British forum, hence Lee Enfield in the lead.

Oh, and as for the VSR results - any idiot could have seen that coming a mile off.

• 2 weeks later...

I woulda thought more people would be voting for a gun based off the Marui L96.

After all, it is, basically, a VSR10 but with a realistically-positioned magazine.

Even where the real gun loads from a stripper clip, it's gonna be a lot easier to hide a low-profile BB magazine just in front of the trigger guard of summat like a K98 rather than right at the front of that skinny foregrip.

In all honesty, it might be impossible to fit any type of external magazine into these guns.

In that case, maybe the way forward is to feed them from hidden "tube" magazines built into the stock somehow, a bit like some springers or shotties do?

Stelth, don't say that too loud or we will end up with a gun built of the super9 :sick:

having the VSR placed magazine is just fine. You wont be able to load any of them realistically(IE from the top) so stick with a mechanism that works. There have been numerous custom lee enfields and K98s (probably others too) that use the VSR system, and they keep the mag where the vsr system wants it. its a good system that works. leave it alone.

having the VSR placed magazine is just fine. You wont be able to load any of them realistically(IE from the top) so stick with a mechanism that works. There have been numerous custom lee enfields and K98s (probably others too) that use the VSR system, and they keep the mag where the vsr system wants it. its a good system that works. leave it alone.

You got a link to something like that?

I can't really imagine there being enough room in the skinny foregrip of summat like a K98 for a VSR-style mag.

Am i the only one who thinks that the K31 is one beautiful rifle? Id wish they'd make one of those <_< . I don't know if it would be easier or harder to replicate the straight pull action tho...

Anyway. I already have a RS Nagant, and a Tanaka K98... And I'm not such a fan of the Springfield, so I'd go for the Enfield.

But if they could build a realistic looking full metal K98 that would be compatible with real K98 stocks. Which would come pre-fitted with two STEEL scope mounts and a replica 1940 era scope, AND with the accuracy, reliability and upgrade potential of a VSR10... Hell, I'd swap in my Tanaka with a smile on my face! (But it would have to be affordable)

I really like the TML96 magazine and hop systems, the mag lets you use it close to the trigger and doesnt let the BBs fall when changed and the hop is adjusted by a simple wheel which can be hidden better tahn the little metal bar on the VSR, but aftermarket spares are still taking off, so vsr system is a sure bet :)

both have their own "pros" and "cons"...

nice debate BTW :)

there is a custom one built out of a dboys here:

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/vi...3&start=180

{edit} check out the next page to see where the magazine sits.

Geez,

I wonder if somebody at DBoys is thinking "Bugger! We should have done that!"

They should be.

In fact, if I worked for DBoys I'd be buying/building one of those and handing it over to the R&D people ASAP.

Only slight thing I'd change would be to paint the bottom of the mags with a wood-grain finish.

Course, if Dboys start making them they could make the mag's out of a wood-grain plastic.

I agree with the shouts for all of them, especially the No4, Kar98k and Mosin. I already own a VSR based k98 and Mosin though so my vote has to be for an enfield.

I like the idea of them having the magazine in the correct place like the TM L96 but I think a VSR would be a safer bet for the internals.

Am i the only one who thinks that the K31 is one beautiful rifle? Id wish they'd make one of those <_< . I don't know if it would be easier or harder to replicate the straight pull action tho...

It truly is a nice and goodlooking rifle, but as it hasnt been used on the WWII, the potential sales are much lower than the ones a mosin, K98 or an Enfield could achive, and on these days of crisys, risks are not welcome :(

And its a pity, because I saw a version fed by a magazine which could be perfect to use a L96 mag system :(

Archived