Ebaybanned Problem

Blackweell!

Im seeing it with Avast as well. However, it doesn't actually mean its infected. It could just be the site was reported as having a trojan, when it may not. If reported, could have been placed on a blacklist of websites that contain trojans.

What Avast reported back to me:

02.01.2010 10:49:28 Network Shield: blocked access to malicious site 200.106.149.171/~svyaz/show.php?s=cdb04b7607 [ C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe ( 6048 ) ]

Getting an error on the page as well:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)

Timestamp: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 17:02:24 UTC

Line: 1

Char: 61

Code: 0

URI: http://200.106.149.171/~svyaz/show.php?s=cdb04b7607

Line: 1

Char: 61

Code: 0

URI: http://200.106.149.171/~svyaz/show.php?s=cdb04b7607

I'm also running NOD32 4 and Malwarebytes and I'm having no trouble.

I can see the IP address that it is blocking for you others (200.106.149.171) and it seems to be a frame.

EDIT: I've just opened the address and it is a reported attack site, I'd recommend staying away for the time being.

And Sonny, I'd remove the links out your post as that is a direct link to the infected site. Someone without correct protection may go to it.

Ok, just been having a look around and it has become apparent that this warning is coming from a frame linked to the reported 'attack site'.

My best bet is that they've had their website hacked and this frame has been put onto it. As I mentioned earlier, I'd stay away for now until its been given the all clear.

The address that is causing the alert has been reported for trying to automatically download trojans and malware so I'd definitely stay away for now.

Aye having grief with AVG at home and Sophos at work, had a word with Sophos as I had a user complaing she could not access the site as well at work, sorry I work in IT for a living.

Its currently being blacklisted until its sorted out by the web master.

I would avoid the site for now.

Cheers

Rich

If you're not getting a warning, you have probably been infected.

Yeah, this will be the case. If you've visited the ebay banned website recently, and haven't recieved an antivirus warning, I highly recommend you clear all your temporary files as this is an auto downloading trojan.

It seems for some reason firefox does not allow it however when I tryed Google Chrome, NOD32 detected and quarantined the threat. The trojan is a 'PDF/Exploit.Pidef.OJS.Gen.trojan' and is being downloaded from a site called 'JY Closet'

Let's hope they get this problem sorted out quickly.

Funny story about kaspersky; I had to register my PC at college, so I took my tower down, plugged in the mouse and keyboard they had there, and started it up. Kaspersky thought that the microsoft drivers that came with the microsoft mouse would destroy my computer, so it asked me before I could install them. It did the same thing for the keyboard. I like to call it the infinite loop of fail.

Just tried it with NOD32, got the same thing. 

Archived